One Of My Favourite Away Kits We've Had

Gaz52

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate that they just use an effing sticker for the sponsors logo these days. It makes the shirts feel cheap.

Also, I far preferred the 88-90 version of that shirt shown in the OP. A time when our club was setting benchmarks for quality.

I prefer this one.

3279159179_cc43d5b2a6_o_d.jpg

I remember getting this one. I got it home on the day it came out & realised it had been made wrong. The white sleeve was on the white side & the red sleeve on the red side. Took it right back into the store & the umbro rep just happened to be in talking to the owner. No-one had even noticed until I said to him. All the others in the delivery were the same, so I had to wait a few days to get a new one. Gave me the option to keep it (said it could be worth a bit in years to come) but I got a right one.

Reminds me of Davie Cooper.

Was first worn (I think) for Coops testimonial. Was on a Friday night and the thing I remember most was one of the opposing players standing on the touch line to stop Roberts taking a long throw. Robo just stepped back to the front of the Govan and took a massive long run right through the guy who crumpled to the ground. Was fucking epic.

:wink:

Was really homesick for Rangers and Glasgow in 1st year in Germany. , greeting like a fanny every night , then one day when I got in from school, was 11 at the time , there was a big brown paper parcel marked "Robert Wilson jr".

Tore the outside paper gently, there was 2 copies of Roy of the rovers stuck to the next layer of paper marked " careful now".

Getly the next layer was opened to reveal a white envelope, inside was a birthday card with the front picture covered over with panini album stickers and cut out pictures of my all time ( and always will be til the day I die) Gers hero , Bobby Russell.inside the words that made me cry." Don't get upset wee man, Bobby and the Rangers miss "YOU" at Ibrox as much as us 2.chin up.see ye soon, hope it fits." Signed No Surrender- The 2 Tommys.

Under the last let of paper was that long sleeve jersey, with an oversized orange nr 8 on the back.with the shorts and socks.

Still have it now in my collection. And the card .it means the world to me.i will never ever sell it.

No Surrender

Rab

Was really homesick for Rangers and Glasgow in 1st year in Germany. , greeting like a fanny every night , then one day when I got in from school, was 11 at the time , there was a big brown paper parcel marked "Robert Wilson jr".

Tore the outside paper gently, there was 2 copies of Roy of the rovers stuck to the next layer of paper marked " careful now".

Getly the next layer was opened to reveal a white envelope, inside was a birthday card with the front picture covered over with panini album stickers and cut out pictures of my all time ( and always will be til the day I die) Gers hero , Bobby Russell.inside the words that made me cry." Don't get upset wee man, Bobby and the Rangers miss "YOU" at Ibrox as much as us 2.chin up.see ye soon, hope it fits." Signed No Surrender- The 2 Tommys.

Under the last let of paper was that long sleeve jersey, with an oversized orange nr 8 on the back.with the shorts and socks.

Still have it now in my collection. And the card .it means the world to me.i will never ever sell it.

No Surrender

Rab

I knew that the pinstriped number was your favourite because of that new kit thread from last year.

Now I know why. Brilliant. :21:

That was a stunner of a strip. It reminds me of Jeremy Clement, in particular.

My all time favourite has to be this one, though.

p81301621.jpg

We had an orange and blue striped one around the time of this one as well, always liked it, sorry no pic.

Also always really liked the purple third kit, adidas did some great kits for us!

To be honest I always felt a bit let down by Adidas. Not once did they give us what I would describe as the "iconic" Adidas style, which in our case would have been a royal blue jersey with a white V-neck and three white stripes down the outside of the sleeves, like Ipswich Town had in the Bobby Robson era and which was perfect in it's simplicity.

Instead we had the "Adidas Equipment" gimmick of the 92-93 CL run, then that effort when Gazza signed with the stripes running round the sleeves, the "adidas" name at the throat and a mish-mash of RFC crests all over it. And lastly we copied France at the time with a pair of red, white and blue braces down the front, as worn in the Laudrup Cup Final against Hearts.

For me there's nothing better than the classic Adidas style but not once did we get it.

To be honest I always felt a bit let down by Adidas. Not once did they give us what I would describe as the "iconic" Adidas style, which in our case would have been a royal blue jersey with a white V-neck and three white stripes down the outside of the sleeves, like Ipswich Town had in the Bobby Robson era and which was perfect in it's simplicity.

Instead we had the "Adidas Equipment" gimmick of the 92-93 CL run, then that effort when Gazza signed with the stripes running round the sleeves, the "adidas" name at the throat and a mish-mash of RFC crests all over it. And lastly we copied France at the time with a pair of red, white and blue braces down the front, as worn in the Laudrup Cup Final against Hearts.

For me there's nothing better than the classic Adidas style but not once did we get it.

Great point and so very true.

Would loved to have seen the Rangers play in the classic Adidas style with the original trefoil on the chest.

tumblr_nmzzni8VAM1rtjl8do1_1280.jpg

extra_football_shirt_15411_1.jpg

argentina-1990-away.jpg

east-germany-home-football-shirt-1988-s_

east-germany-home-football-shirt-1988-s_

We wore it in his Testimonial against Bordeaux as I recall. Cracking top, mine might be a bit wee for me now :D

I remember in that game Mark Walters got decked by a French defender and some guy in the crowd shouted out loud as fuck:

"Get up Mark and punch that black bastard in the moof!"

:huh::blink::blush:<cr>:ohmy:doh:unsure::lol: