Selective Development Fees

Noticed a bit of the back page of the sun that

Hearts will be looking for a development fee

for Jason Holt. Funnily I haven't seen it

mentioned that Killie had to pay one for

Scott Robinson or Dale Carrick. No wonder

we sing no one likes us.

I suspect they would have been released by Hearts without the offer of a contract. Holt will have been offered a contract by Hearts but will have turned it down. It's my understanding that they can only ask a transfer fee for a player under 24 who they have taken thro their youth system and they have offered a contract to when his existing one has come to an end

It's to do with offering deals. Hearts are entitled to a development fee for Holt because they offered him a deal to stay.

They aren't entitled to a development fee for Robinson because they made no effort to keep him and allowed his contract to expire.

As for Carrick, he had his deal terminated early by mutual decision. He wasn't even out of contract like the other two were.

We got around £200k for Telfer, and I would imagine a tribunal would decide we own Hearts about the same for Holt.

Still a lot less than what we will have to pay to get Allan this summer. Holt now, Allan on a pre-contract for nout in January ;)

slightly off topic but what happens if they move abroad?

im sure i read that McGinn was considering a move to MLS and if he goes there St Mirren would be entitled to bugger all

thinking about it, while that may be the case its probably his agent trying to spook St Mirren into lowering their price, i doubt he has any intention of going to MLS

slightly off topic but what happens if they move abroad?

im sure i read that McGinn was considering a move to MLS and if he goes there St Mirren would be entitled to bugger all

thinking about it, while that may be the case its probably his agent trying to spook St Mirren into lowering their price, i doubt he has any intention of going to MLS

Quite often a development fee or compensation is only due if they move to a club in the same country. If I remember right one of the reasons Joe Ledley joined them was because clubs down south would have had to pay quite a bit in compensation for him and were put off.

Should we not be asking for a development fee for jig? The years of service/experience we gave him, and the coaching experience he got from Rangers aswell? ;-)

According to the posters in the 'jig as coach' threAd he has no experience as a coach! :lol:

I understand and accept the principle of a development fee. Of course it only becomes payable if and when he signs for a new club!

In this instance I would rather let the boy go than give any money to Hearts, harsh on the boy but feck them. I wonder if Levein would be in the papers demanding a development fee if the boy was training with any other club!

I understand and accept the principle of a development fee. Of course it only becomes payable if and when he signs for a new club!

In this instance I would rather let the boy go than give any money to Hearts, harsh on the boy but feck them. I wonder if Levein would be in the papers demanding a development fee if the boy was training with any other club!

Of course he would be. Why would they just let £200k go?

Of course he would be. Why would they just let £200k go?

I don't dispute the payment of a development fee, what I find strange is the comments made by Levien before any decision has been taken to sign him or not!

If there's a fee of 200k then I doubt he will be playing at Ibrox!

I'm guessing with the chance of a potential 200k on the table he would be if the papers were making a story out of it.

That's cutting off your nose to spite your face mate.