Wingers

We not have McKay, Templeton, Walsh & Halliday (although he actually played centre midfield the other night IIRC) and having showed up well in pre season you would have to think Darren Ramsey might not be too far away from getting involved in the first team too.

Warburton has talked about being close on three or four more and you would think the four will be Tavernier, Waghorn, Holt & Eustace and I think if we get them that might complete our squad for the season.

If that's the case then are you happy enough going into the season with those four as the wingers (with Ramsey coming through in the background) in the squad or if the chance came up would you like to see another one coming in?

I am, I think just because that was our poorest position under McDowell and McCoist, doesn't mean we don't have talent in these positions, I actually think our biggest talent is in wide positions, the under 20's, is it Stoney who plays wide left? I think we have cover from the youth dept and more than enough talent in McKay, Temps, Wlash and Halliday when required

Happy with the squad, I think a priority is a RB then a striker IMO.

But every other aspect is filled with young, talented players.

They won't be wingers. We'll have 3 AMs behind the striker. Warburton had real quality down at Brentford. Tonal as well as the youngster from Spurs. The system needs those 3 to be of a high quality. I don't think we have players good enough at the moment. I'm sure Shiels and Law will be in the mix but I don't rate them.

I think with the way the young lads seem to be shaping up (the established ones and the others playing in the 20s) the squad is looking not too bad for the level we're at.

All depends if Warburton can get something out of Temps and McKay on the wings and on Walsh and Gallagher progressing.

It's an exciting prospect, anyway. Looking forward to see how they all do.

I think with the way the young lads seem to be shaping up (the established ones and the others playing in the 20s) the squad is looking not too bad for the level we're at.

All depends if Warburton can get something out of Temps and McKay on the wings and on Walsh and Gallagher progressing.

It's an exciting prospect, anyway. Looking forward to see how they all do.

I think this is going to be key.

I'm actually fairly confident McKay will come onto a game under Warburton.

His ability has never been his problem, most people say it's application and if Warburton can set him on a more 'professional' path then we have a real talent on our hands.

I am, I think just because that was our poorest position under McDowell and McCoist, doesn't mean we don't have talent in these positions, I actually think our biggest talent is in wide positions, the under 20's, is it Stoney who plays wide left? I think we have cover from the youth dept and more than enough talent in McKay, Temps, Wlash and Halliday when required

Happy with the squad, I think a priority is a RB then a striker IMO.

But every other aspect is filled with young, talented players.

Aye Stoney is a good wee player IMO. Could be a star.

The highlights for all the 20s game, he's been involved in most of our good play. Excited to see more of him tbh.

Same goes for all the others tbf. Lang, ashmore, Ramsey etc

Been keeping an eye on his U20 performances since his debut a couple years ago.

Benefits of a small squad is players like him will see the first team as a real possibility and know the manager will trust them, if they are good enough.

We could see a lot of these young players this season, it's up to them now to show how good they can be.

So we've got Templeton, McKay, Halliday, Walsh, Stoney, Ramsey, Gallagher & Aird who can all play from those 'wider' positions. That's actually a lot more than I thought we had when I started this topic :lol:

Watching such a young group of players all competing for a place might easily be one of the most intriguing things we see this season.

So we've got Templeton, McKay, Halliday, Walsh, Stoney, Ramsey, Gallagher & Aird who can all play from those 'wider' positions. That's actually a lot more than I thought we had when I started this topic :lol:

Watching such a young group of players all competing for a place might easily be one of the most intriguing things we see this season.

I don't see Aird as a winger now I think he will be a full back

Been keeping an eye on his U20 performances since his debut a couple years ago.

Benefits of a small squad is players like him will see the first team as a real possibility and know the manager will trust them, if they are good enough.

We could see a lot of these young players this season, it's up to them now to show how good they can be.

Agreed

There's a real chance some of those that played against tynecastle, Arbroath etc, will get game time in a system they're comfortable in and in a position they're comfortable in, I think that's another masterstroke by Warburton, all the youth players will know what's required when they make the step up.

Never been this optimistic about our youth in ages, it's long over due.

Burnley can't come soon enough

Many people talking about McKay and Temps but I genuinely think Tom Walsh will flourish this season. He was a breath of fresh air when he burst on the scene, in a very poor Rangers side. The way Warburton want's to play will suit this kid down to the ground. Really looking forward to watching guys with pace and skill dismantle teams this coming season. It will happen.

We not have McKay, Templeton, Walsh & Halliday (although he actually played centre midfield the other night IIRC) and having showed up well in pre season you would have to think Darren Ramsey might not be too far away from getting involved in the first team too.

Warburton has talked about being close on three or four more and you would think the four will be Tavernier, Waghorn, Holt & Eustace and I think if we get them that might complete our squad for the season.

If that's the case then are you happy enough going into the season with those four as the wingers (with Ramsey coming through in the background) in the squad or if the chance came up would you like to see another one coming in?

I would happily dispense with wingers altogether.

As others have mentioned I'm not even sure they will play as wingers. It'll probably be attacking midfielders/inside forward types but wingers was just easier for a thread title :lol:

I think that 'attacking midfielders/inside forward types' makes a lovely thread title.

Look at the wat Brentford played last season. There's no chance we'll be playing wingers. It's 3 attacking midfielders who will be asked to create and score goals. For me, these 3 guys make or break the system. I think Warburton will be trying to get a quality player in even if it's on loan to really strengthen this area.

I have a feeling we will take teams apart with ease next season, we will have the odd fuck up but at least we will be going out to play the right way and actually setting up to win every game we play

Look at the wat Brentford played last season. There's no chance we'll be playing wingers. It's 3 attacking midfielders who will be asked to create and score goals. For me, these 3 guys make or break the system. I think Warburton will be trying to get a quality player in even if it's on loan to really strengthen this area.

(tu)

I thought he would want a player he's specifically chosen or earmarked to play there too because i do think it's going to be the most important positions in his set up.

I think Holt could be a good addition. He's got a decent goalscoring record and goalscoring midfielders are so key in Warburtons teams.