Friday Night Football,how Was It For You?

sendintank

Now,I'm an old traditionalist,football should,for me anyway,always be 3 o clock Saturday.Friday night tho worked out well for me,got a flight up fri lunchtime,was in the louden for 5,had a few beers,off to the game,where the atmosphere at times was incredible,Derrys walls boomed around the ground.Also seemed to me as if a good few bears had enjoyed some pre match refreshments!!! Subway back was bouncing,Warburton song sung about 20 times,got off the subway at buchanan st,where another 30 bears were also singing the Warburton song.Had a beer or two before hitting my digs,and a flight back to Cardiff sat lunchtime,all added up to an excellent trip,if we get another home Friday,I'm def gonna make it.How was it for everyone else?It did seem as if everyone had a great day.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great...If it was Saturday I would have missed it. :pipe:

I think it definitely helped the atmosphere, I certainly know if we have another Friday night KO I'll try and take it off and enjoy a few beverages.

But I do know it puts a few off with their work, I'd prefer Saturday 3PM's like most, but the odd Friday night KO is enjoyable.

I much prefer the good old 3pm Saturday kick off. Living in Northumberland it's possible to get up and down in the same day but on Friday night I stayed over at my Daughter's flat. My own bed is so much better than a blow up mattress.

Our Friday night crowd was 8 thousand more than Chelsea and once the other EPL games are played we will be able to tell if that was the second biggest game of the weekend. Newcastle may squeeze in to 2nd place? [update: they did by about 500 fans]

Friday night's game was special though. The crowd were amazing (take a bow folks) except for the pitch invader of course. About half the crowd at least did not want to leave at the end.

We played Airdrie away I'm sure the other season there Friday night for the first time and I loved it. Did we not play Raith Rovers away on the Friday last season aswell, again it was brilliant.

We played Airdrie away I'm sure the other season there Friday night for the first time and I loved it. Did we not play Raith Rovers away on the Friday last season aswell, again it was brilliant.

Pretty sure it was Falkirk away the other Friday night mate

I've been to all 3 of our competitive matches so far and I'm really enjoying it. This is a good time to follow the team and I'm more than happy to do so. Friday night, sunday lunchtime, does it really matter? No.

Both raith rovers away games were Friday nights last season and both great atmospheres although one was just a few days before the referendum and the other was just after all the collymore carry on so think that these helped add to the atmosphere aswell as the time of the fixture

I think the weather on Friday night played a big part. I always love it when ibrox is bathing in sun and the blue t-shirts and scarfs are out. If it was pissing of rain, there would be a lot less colour.

One of many positive factors for me on Friday

Both raith rovers away games were Friday nights last season and both great atmospheres although one was just a few days before the referendum and the other was just after all the collymore carry on so think that these helped add to the atmosphere aswell as the time of the fixture

The Stan Collymore one was the one I'm thinking of. Was bouncing at times and I was right up the back row, there's a big bit where the cameras normally sit up the very back I ended up standing on that when we scored and the stewards had to come up and chase me. :lol: