Daily Rebel Stirring That Old Sectarian Chesnut Again

RTID 1968

The Rebel had a story on the 16th June on recent legislation and how important it is to combat Sectarianism in Scottish football. The picture accompanying the story has a corner of Celtic fans without the usual Irish flags ect and the rest of it is us with a large Union Jack in the middle slyly suggesting its us who are the problem.

Since when did our Nations flag become a sectarian item? Rangers fans wave both Saltires and Union Jacks, just as he Club do when the players come out. Both these flags are relevant as the Flags of our Nation, anywhere else in the world this would be called patriotism not sectarianism but not here in the very confused west of Scotland.

Celtic fans on the other hand openly hate the Union Jack as well as the Union it stands for, they do not even have a Saltire in sight at their games because of their hatred of the blue on it. The refuse to wear a poppy on their shirts on Remembrance weekend, despite the fact that a large majority of their ancestors fought and even died fighting in WW 1 and WW 2. Their hatred of Britain and its Armed Forces apparently supersedes the memories of their forefathers sacrifices. Sure they even have a supporters group who the Club recognise and meet regularly to hear their concerns like their total dislike of the poppy on their shirt who are openly named after the IRA. These guys display massive sectarian banners depicting their hatred of all things British without any problems. This is the same as us having a fans group from Ulster called the Ulster Volunteer Fans, can you imagine the reaction to that?

It baffles me why despite all the above we are ALWAYS depicted as the sectarian Club, be that directly or by the use of subtle picture editing. Here is the picture these slimy bastards used.

post-93654-0-00893100-1439379627_thumb.j

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for clarity', our flag is the" Flag of the Union." The Union Jack is a Naval flag.

Theres always one, thanks for the education. I don't fancy singing I was born under a Flag of the Union tho, we would sound n look like fuds.

Just for clarity', our flag is the" Flag of the Union." The Union Jack is a Naval flag.

Originally yes but, by habit & repute, is now an acceptable name for the Union Flag - not Flag of the Union which I understand to be the Stars & Stripes as opposed to the Confederate Stars & Bars.

The Rebel had a story on the 16th June on recent legislation and how important it is to combat Sectarianism in Scottish football. The picture accompanying the story has a corner of Celtic fans without the usual Irish flags ect and the rest of it is us with a large Union Jack in the middle slyly suggesting its us who are the problem.

Since when did our Nations flag become a sectarian item? Rangers fans wave both Saltires and Union Jacks, just as he Club do when the players come out. Both these flags are relevant as the Flags of our Nation, anywhere else in the world this would be called patriotism not sectarianism but not here in the very confused west of Scotland.

Celtic fans on the other hand openly hate the Union Jack as well as the Union it stands for, they do not even have a Saltire in sight at their games because of their hatred of the blue on it. The refuse to wear a poppy on their shirts on Remembrance weekend, despite the fact that a large majority of their ancestors fought and even died fighting in WW 1 and WW 2. Their hatred of Britain and its Armed Forces apparently supersedes the memories of their forefathers sacrifices. Sure they even have a supporters group who the Club recognise and meet regularly to hear their concerns like their total dislike of the poppy on their shirt who are openly named after the IRA. These guys display massive sectarian banners depicting their hatred of all things British without any problems. This is the same as us having a fans group from Ulster called the Ulster Volunteer Fans, can you imagine the reaction to that?

It baffles me why despite all the above we are ALWAYS depicted as the sectarian Club, be that directly or by the use of subtle picture editing. Here is the picture these slimy bastards used.

attachicon.gifJS55855052.jpg

You've waited since June 16th to post this - been in the jail?

We really dig deep to be offended these days.

Man the barricades and look out the pitch forks!

I don't read that shite every day theres a story on a Labour Candidate today on the same subject and this was linked, nothing stupid like you suggest. Ive not been in jail for 28 years but maybe some people could convince me to return. I never said once I was offended, I don't get offended by shite like this, I'm just angered by the imbalance on reporting and do not want my Club slaughtered at every opportunity, maybe you don't mind, that's your bag.

I don't read that shite every day theres a story on a Labour Candidate today on the same subject and this was linked, nothing stupid like you suggest. Ive not been in jail for 28 years but maybe some people could convince me to return. I never said once I was offended, I don't get offended by shite like this, I'm just angered by the imbalance on reporting and do not want my Club slaughtered at every opportunity, maybe you don't mind, that's your bag.

Hey, lets get something straight here pal: any mates of Ally's are mates of BP9 and that includes the couragous journalists in the press.

Hey, lets get something straight here pal: any mates of Ally's are mates of BP9 and that includes the couragous journalists in the press.

Im aware Bluepeter9 wanks to Ally at least 3 times a day n he's just a dick. If he ever had the balls to insult me from anywhere apart from behind his keyboard it would be the jail for me, just like he suggested.

Can I ask why you always throw a hissy fit whenever something Loyalist is posted, but yet you can still mock people for being offended at something else?

Said a hundred times don't know why any Rangers fan would buy this fucking rag.This is one of the rags and not soley who had us owing anything from 20-160 million in the EBT tax case.A shower of scaremongering shit who have been trying for long enough to destabilise our club.

Said a hundred times don't know why any Rangers fan would buy this fucking rag.This is one of the rags and not soley who had us owing anything from 20-160 million in the EBT tax case.A shower of scaremongering shit who have been trying for long enough to destabilise our club.

I would never buy it mate, seen it online.

Sorry my mistake still a fucking rag though online or printed version

It sure is but I think it pays to keep an eye on your enemies, the BBC is worse, we are forced to pay for their "impartial journalism", the BBC go against their own charter when they "boycott" us. Their job is to report things of public interest to the public who pay for them. In Scottish Football there is nothing of bigger public interest than us, even the cunts who hate us are all interested in everything Rangers.

It sure is but I think it pays to keep an eye on your enemies, the BBC is worse, we are forced to pay for their "impartial journalism", the BBC go against their own charter when they "boycott" us. Their job is to report things of public interest to the public who pay for them. In Scottish Football there is nothing of bigger public interest than us, even the cunts who hate us are all interested in everything Rangers.

Yes your right enough got to keep an eye on all who tried to destroy us but failed shower of shit the lot of them.

Onwards and Upwards

Im aware Bluepeter9 wanks to Ally at least 3 times a day n he's just a dick. If he ever had the balls to insult me from anywhere apart from behind his keyboard it would be the jail for me, just like he suggested.

Not an Ironic post in the slightest.

FWIW bp9 didn't insult you, but you did a good job of insulting him, cut out the abusive posts.