Rangers On Verge Of Signing Arsenal Superkid Gedion Zelalem

George Goudie

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He told me he watched it on vipleague: "If you look after ze pennies ze pounds will take care of themselves". Didn't he give us Kyle Bartley on loan? It's not as if he doesn't know it is a rough and tumble league up here. The boy was linked with Charlton, but on twitter that is being denied.

He did mate phoned me personally to find out how it's done from the UK, was only to happy to help him £5 to watch a really good team was a bargain he said.

Surprised he got through after Stubbs constantly trying to get hold of him "arsene , please don't give Rangers one of your players ,you know "

In relation to the Charlton rumours...

Gedion Zelalem rumours quashed

Richard Cawley of the SLP has made it clear that press reports suggesting that the 18-year old Arsenal winger may join Charlton on a loan deal have no basis. In fact he has been in Glasgow for talks with Rangers, although Birmingham City and Fulham have also been in the frame.

We have taken Arsenal loan players in the past so one can see why journalists might add Charlton to the list to pad out their report.

Really think we were spoiled with Oduwa and Ball, but to have Zelalem come up on loan is crazy, all three are exceptionally talented.

Really happy with our squad, bar cover for the RB and LB positions, but Warburton has done superb.

Still not convinced this will go through, I understand these things can take time, but the fact he's back down south with offers on the table makes me think it's unlikely we'll get him, but if it does go through I'll be beyond delighted

It won't be long before Roy Greenbrigadeslade writes another one for the Guardian telling everyone how the kid will turn into a bowler hat wearing footballing moron as Rangers are the antichrist

(tu)(tu)(tu)

Sadly you are not wrong there mate, they will always try to do us down, for no other reason apart from sheer bigotry, and, as we improve, the flack will get more intense, but as long as we do the business on the park I am hoping to see more positive stories turn up in the future, and hopefully like us, more people will see that he and his kind are out of order and their gibberish has nothing to do with football, but raw hatred for everything we stand for .... bowler hats and all.

:uk:

(tu)(tu)(tu)

Sadly you are not wrong there mate, they will always try to do us down, for no other reason apart from sheer bigotry, and, as we improve, the flack will get more intense, but as long as we do the business on the park I am hoping to see more positive stories turn up in the future, and hopefully like us, more people will see that he and his kind are out of order and their gibberish has nothing to do with football, but raw hatred for everything we stand for .... bowler hats and all.

:uk:

That particular "journalist" has shown his true colours on Rangers many times. Absolute shit of a man

This one's not new, but still stands out, if it's down to his preference and Wenger's OK'd it.

52bfddcfdfbfe49ec0bffe24902dc707_bigger.Steven Goff@SoccerInsider 23h23 hours ago

Gedion Zelalem loan status: "Many options, but he likes Rangers," said one Insider contact. #rfc #afc #usmnt

This appears to be new, but it includes Birmingham and Charlton who apparently have been ruled out, so take this one with a pinch of salt.

Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem delays Rangers decision
by Tribal Football Staff 36 minutes ago< 500 READS

Arsenal midfielder Gedion Zelalem is weighing up the best option for his first loan move.

The Mirror says he highly-rated 18-year-old arrived in Glasgow yesterday to hold signing talks with Rangers.

The youngster, accompanied by his father, then returned to London last night after a whistle-stop tour of the training complex and Ibrox Stadium to decide whether or not to join Mark Warburton's squad.

But Zelalem, tipped as a future USA star, is also mulling over similar short-term deals at Fulham, Charlton and Birmingham City. He must now decide which move will be best for his development.

- See more at: http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/arsenal-midfielder-gedion-zelalem-delays-rangers-decision-4091964#sthash.kAuny6aQ.dpuf

Hearing the deal is off now sadly

Mixed reactions on it. I see the benefits of the move for Gedion ....playing in a 4-3-3, playing in a more physical league, and playing football the right way with the ball on the ground but the level of play in the English Championship is way above the 2nd Division in Scotland (even better than the Scottish Premier League) so if he can get a loan there, that will help him a lot to get him prepared for the next World Cup for the USA.