**** Official Champions League Thread 2015/16 ****

G.E.C.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the endless Guardiola wankfest begins again. Greatest Manager of All-time? Spare me. Come back to me when he wins something with anything less than the absolute best-of-the-best players and a ton of money, with the luxury of the greatest player of all-time in his time (Barca), or by buying all his rivals best players and yet more shedloads of money, in a ridiculously unbalanced league (Bayern).

8 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Yeah it's not like he took over Barcelona the season they finished third, 17 points behind Real Madrid and 10 points behind Villarreal....

And he spent shitloads of money to build and accomplish that Barca team. Let's also stop acting like he's actually done anything without having only the absolute best players in the world at his disposal. Messi single-handedly dug him out of holes many a time.

And let's not pretend the Barca side he took over were bad.

They won the CL two seasons before that. And the season before Guardiola took over they only lost La Liga on goal difference. That season they finished third cause of unhealthy internal politics, not cause they had a bad team or bad individuals (And Villarreal had a damn good team at the time as well, attempting to suggest otherwise is being disingenuous towards Villarreal).

1 minute ago, AyeReadyStu said:

And he spent shitloads of money to accomplish that. Let's also stop acting like he's actually done anything without having only the absolute best players in the world at his disposal. Messi single-handedly dug him out of holes many a time.

He promoted Busquets and Pedro from the B team and they were crucial parts of his success. He also decided to get rid of key players such as Ronaldinho and Deco as soon as he took over at Barca.

It's not as if they gave him a blank chequebook and suddenly their problems disappeared. In fact his transfer record at Barca is quite dodgy.

And it's not as if he took over at a great time. As rangers_no1 mentioned, they finished behind Villareal!

I don't mind Guardiola I think hes a good manager. Tell you what though if he wins a treble with Bayern and then a treble with city including the CL it'd be hard to argue against how good he is. I get what the guys are saying above. Wouldn't it be great if he went to a team like AC Milan with little money compared to others in Europe like Bayern etc and completely transformed them back to the glory days. 

15 hours ago, Malvern said:

Class from Coutinho in his goal in the Man Utd Vrs Liv match

De Gea, as good as he is, was all over the place for the goal. Beaten at near post and body shape was all wrong. Made it easy for Coutinho, really. Having said that, he made an unbelievable save before that. 

16 hours ago, Malvern said:

Class from Coutinho in his goal in the Man Utd Vrs Liv match

Tremendous composure from him and the way he went past Varela was brilliant. Had Messi scored that goal we'd be seeing it over and over again

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

De Gea, as good as he is, was all over the place for the goal. Beaten at near post and body shape was all wrong. Made it easy for Coutinho, really. Having said that, he made an unbelievable save before that. 

De Gea kept them in the match both games, yeah his shape and form were all wrong to get beaten near post but good composure from the wee man to get the dink over him from there.

20 minutes ago, Malvern said:

De Gea kept them in the match both games, yeah his shape and form were all wrong to get beaten near post but good composure from the wee man to get the dink over him from there.

I agree..he wins Man Utd points on a regular basis, but on this particular occasion he made it 'easy' for Coutinho. 

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

I agree..he wins Man Utd points on a regular basis, but on this particular occasion he made it 'easy' for Coutinho. 

Well yeah throwing your head out of the way of the ball will make it easy :wink:

Starting XI and subs when Man City and PSG last met.

Man City: Hart, Zabaleta, Dunne, Ben-Haim, Garrido, Sturridge, Ireland, Kompany, Vassell (Hamann 76), Elano (Mwaruwari 49), Jo (Evans 65). 
Subs Not Used: Schmeichel, Logan, Berti, Caicedo.

PSG: Landreau, Traore, Camara, Bourillon, Sakho, Pancrate (Giuly 69), Makelele (Armand 59), Clement, Rothen, Luyindula, Kezman (Hoarau 69). 
Subs Not Used: Bete, Ceara, Mabiala, Ngoyi.

Booked: Kezman.

• 3 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Barcelona players have committed worse fouls and the ref has not even looked at them. Hate the way refs fawn over the cunts

He got a fair yellow card, committed another foul minutes later which the referee let slide, and then attempted a woeful tackle on the least dangerous player in the opposition team, on the halfway line. His head was obviously gone. Correct decision all day any day, regardless of any perceptions about the team it benefitted.

42 minutes ago, JamieD said:

He got a fair yellow card, committed another foul minutes later which the referee let slide, and then attempted a woeful tackle on the least dangerous player in the opposition team, on the halfway line. His head was obviously gone. Correct decision all day any day, regardless of any perceptions about the team it benefitted.

I suppose you didn't notice Suarez has now scored two goals after he should have been sent off for an off the ball kick. Or didn't that benefit them either

Just now, folkestoneger said:

I suppose you didn't notice Suarez has now scored two goals after he should have been sent off for an off the ball kick. Or didn't that benefit them either

No, I didn't. I was watching Rangers. If that's true, he should have been sent off just like Torres.

Archived