Andy Halliday

eskbankloyal

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

£10k a week for 4 years and at the end of the contract you'd still be 27 and still plenty of time left to play for Rangers or £250 quid a week? It's nice to think you'd knock it back to show how staunch you are but from a career, financial and family point of view you'd be mental. Especially when you aren't the greatest player in the world anyway. I don't think he's better than Zelalem from what I've seen so far.

I wouldn't accept £10k a week for life to wear their shirt once. Morals and beliefs can't be bought.

Anyway in to the more important matter is it just me or is Halliday like a fit Kevin Thompson with a decent dig. There was 1 point yesterday when he just put his mark on 1 of their players straight after one of ours took a bad yin.

Nice to think but £250 quid a week with a young family or £10k a week when you only have a short career you'd be stupid to turn it down. Don't forget Allan was never going to be allowed to come to us, it wasn't like he was given the straight choice. Shit like that happens in football.

No it doesn't - he has signed for the enemy of his and his families club, in his home city. You don't need to sign for them when you know that your own club is wanting you.

And the £250 and £10k comparisons are irrelevant.

He has made a poor poor decision – and the longer he’s not picked for the tims, it’ll be even more difficult for him to justify.

No it doesn't - he has signed for the enemy of his and his families club, in his home city. You don't need to sign for them when you know that your own club is wanting you.

And the £250 and £10k comparisons are irrelevant.

He has made a poor poor decision – and the longer he’s not picked for the tims, it’ll be even more difficult for him to justify.

I think Scott Allan is another example of how money in football is the primary motivator. Yes he could have waited - everyone on here would. But what happened if he had stayed at Hibs and got a bad knee injury? Both the move to the filth and us would have fallen through.

You only earn big bucks for a few years and then when it's over ??? So in one sense he might regret it but he has guaranteed big bucks for the next four years which if he's sensible can secure his future for him and his family. It's understandable but I could never throw that rhag over my head - never!!!

I agree with this, anyone saying they'd take £250 over £10k is either a liar or mental, however I disagree about what was on offer. None of us know what each team would have offered in wages, but there's definitely a point where even a sensible person would choose their boyhood team over another for less money. Allan may not have been allowed to come to us this summer (although who knows what would have happened deadline day) but even then the choice was sign for Celtic now or sign a pre-contract in January, he could have waited a few months. In the cold light of day though at this point I'm not bothered as we have an abundance of central midfield players and I'm not convinced we'd be any stronger with Scott in there.

I can honestly say that I would pay subs to play for Rangers no matter what the scum offered. Yes, that may be mental in many people's eyes but I could never put that shirt on nevermind play for them.

I thought most bears felt the same way but reading this thread the biggest surprise to me is how tolerant some are/would be to someone close to them signing for the scum.

My hatred for them has grown and continues to grow as the years go by. Their behaviour towards us in the last few years has been despicable and no true Ranger will ever forgive or forget.

As long as Halliday continues to do it for us on the park he can be mates with whoever he likes.

Allan will regret his decision as he is not one of us and he is not one of them.

His decision was to leave the mini tarriers for the big tarriers or not.

He chose yes.

We were never an option for him.

He could have gambled on waiting in the hope for a Rangers offer. He chose not to.

I hope he regrets his decision to his dying day and beyond when he turns in his grave.

Whereas Andy Haliday becomes a Rangers legend, a hero amongst his own....