Hibs Deny Claims

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have to come out and say that because they need to keep face with their fans

If they admit to it then it shows the Hibs fan that thy really do need to sell and have no ambition

It would maybe turn the 450 people who turn up to boycott like the rest of them

HIBS have denied Dave King's claims they tried to sell Scott Allan to Rangers.

Ibrox chairman King this afternoon insisted the Easter Road club made first contact after Rangers made clear of their interest in the playmaker.

But the Leith outfit have now rubbished King’s version of events.

Hibs chief executive Leeann Dempster said: "I took the initial call from Rangers.

SNS GroupDave King claimed Hibs had tried to sell Scott Allan to Rangers

"I can confirm that Mr King's version of events is not correct."

King, talking at a press conference at Ibrox this afternoon claimed: "Where I viewed it differently from Hibs was that the initial approach had really come from Hibs,"

"They said ‘we know you’re interested in Scott so if you do want to do business let’s do it quickly so we know where we stand’.

"We proceeded to do it quite quickly.

"We were therefore surprised when Hibs’ official response was ‘we will not sell to Rangers under any circumstances whatsoever’.

SNSHibs manager Alan Stubbs found the timing of Dave King's comments a bit strange

"We initially took that as a negotiating position to increase the price. It was only after another couple of rounds of negotiations that we understood they were really serious. No matter what we did they were not going to sell to us.

Hibs boss Alan Stubbs, on being asked about King's claims said: "There is not much I can say to that.

"I think everybody knows what the facts are.

"I have said all along that we do not speak about players from other clubs and Scott Allan is not our player any more. I find the timing of it all a bit strange."

Rangers chairman Dave King: Hibs tried to sell us Scott Allan

I wouldn't be suprised if they approached us first to offer us the option to negotiate a transfer and transfer fee for him, that would be good thinking from Hibs if he was unsettled or clearly set on a move away from the club etc. and they aren't flush with cash so would do something like this.

Even if they did contact us first to open SA transfer negotiations, they would deny it to save their club a bit of embarassment, as this clearly goes against all of the "We won't sell to Rangers" statements they made although they were probably just waiting for us to offer a slightly overpriced sum for SA like Celtic did before they accepted our offer, then they would say "we had to sell him for the team togetherness" or something. Slightly unrelated but this happens in football even at the biggest clubs, i'm sure Real Madrid 'offered' Ozil to Arsenal and that's when Arsenal became aware he was available and signed him quickly.

"I have said all along that we do not speak about players from other clubs and Scott Allan is not our player any more. I find the timing of it all a bit strange."

Have to agree with Stubbs here. Hibs have got a crunch match against Alloa this weekend. Unfortunate timing. :D

Dave King or rhod petrie..you decide..me personally cannot help but go back to rhod the reptile and his reptilian cohorts were the mhob who made sure we had nowhere to go but the 3rd tier of Scottish football..we told them then we would see them on the way back as they were on the way down. How many have saw this happen to them now..