Morton At It!

Ivybank

Good chance i will know you as i went to Greenock High too.

You done the right thing mate,this place is a shithole now,hardly any decent jobs.

My name is Don Barr, live in Victoria now, when in Greenock I stay with my pal Donnie Blair on Brachelstone St

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm originally from Greenock.

The lemonade company mentioned might have been Lawson's. They used to have pictures of Clyde ferries on their bottles. Jagger's was anothe local lemonade company. My Mum and sister worked for Lawson's.

I used to go to school not far from Cappielow. Ladyburn Primary, the wee old building that looks like a castle! Some kind of council run business centre now. There used to be a Catholic school next door, which was far newer, St Mungo's but it was demolished years ago. Stuff used to fly over that wall all the time. Hit a nun with a bottle once. My headteacher tried to tell me off but was too busy laughing...

Greenock has its fair share of Mr Potato Heads but isn't nearly as bad as Port Glasgow. Rangers fans fled out of that place in recent years and I left there because I had a junkie IRA sympathiser next door to me. We only went up there because my Dad came from there and it had been far better years before.

Greenock might have quite a lot of MPHs but they have some really hard line loyalists too. Also a fair amount of bluenoses in the middle class West End.

I got into trouble over an incident involving the muppets that dwelled next door. Complained about sectarian chanting and music and my Dad was ill because of it. First time they warned them and asked us to call back inmediately but we had to call back and I got a rude tattle head police officer. Got in a rammy with them and ended up charged.

Got off with it thanks to my doctor (I was suffering from anxiety and depression caused by repeated incidents), lawyer and judge all knowing each other well and I had never been in trouble before. After that, that police officer involved quit almost immediately (just before my case was being dealt with) but they had apparently behaved like this before and my neighbours got into repeated legal problems after this. Their son spat on two police in Greenock (outside an notorious Easdale club) and this seemed to change their attitude and the father, son and several of his friends got lifted in a paddy wagon (appropriately!) one night and it went on from there.

We decided to move to Erskine as I had worked here before and I quite liked it. Fair bit bluer that the Port but there seems to be a few more snotters than 10 years ago. Still 3-1 to us I reckon, though. That little parasite Deila does stay here though. Yeeuch!

I'm originally from Greenock.

The lemonade company mentioned might have been Lawson's. They used to have pictures of Clyde ferries on their bottles. Jagger's was anothe local lemonade company. My Mum and sister worked for Lawson's.

I used to go to school not far from Cappielow. Ladyburn Primary, the wee old building that looks like a castle! Some kind of council run business centre now. There used to be a Catholic school next door, which was far newer, St Mungo's but it was demolished years ago. Stuff used to fly over that wall all the time. Hit a nun with a bottle once. My headteacher tried to tell me off but was too busy laughing...

Greenock has its fair share of Mr Potato Heads but isn't nearly as bad as Port Glasgow. Rangers fans fled out of that place in recent years and I left there because I had a junkie IRA sympathiser next door to me. We only went up there because my Dad came from there and it had been far better years before.

Greenock might have quite a lot of MPHs but they have some really hard line loyalists too. Also a fair amount of bluenoses in the middle class West End.

I got into trouble over an incident involving the muppets that dwelled next door. Complained about sectarian chanting and music and my Dad was ill because of it. First time they warned them and asked us to call back inmediately but we had to call back and I got a rude tattle head police officer. Got in a rammy with them and ended up charged.

Got off with it thanks to my doctor (I was suffering from anxiety and depression caused by repeated incidents), lawyer and judge all knowing each other well and I had never been in trouble before. After that, that police officer involved quit almost immediately (just before my case was being dealt with) but they had apparently behaved like this before and my neighbours got into repeated legal problems after this. Their son spat on two police in Greenock (outside an notorious Easdale club) and this seemed to change their attitude and the father, son and several of his friends got lifted in a paddy wagon (appropriately!) one night and it went on from there.

We decided to move to Erskine as I had worked here before and I quite liked it. Fair bit bluer that the Port but there seems to be a few more snotters than 10 years ago. Still 3-1 to us I reckon, though. That little parasite Deila does stay here though. Yeeuch!

Good post mate but it would surprise you the amount of Bears that stay up the Port,i know a lot of them.

But i would say they smelly bastards have the majority up there.

My maw was from the Gibby and went to Ladyburn school and things haven't changed much within the council.My boys school got a makeover while the catholics got a big shiny new school with astroturf pitches etc.

It's great how people who don't live in the area can say it's tarrier infested yet people who live here can tell you different.....

It's no more infested than Glasgow and we are proud of the union here,we voted NO unlike Glasgow.

Yes there was a lot of Irish immigrants here but with it being a port for them arriving thats to be expected.

I know many proud Ulster-Scots from the area.

You JUST voted no. It's a scab of a town mate, except for the west end. No offense, but it really is. Old dirty. Remember that?

Weeto, i used to kick about up Ornsey and Devol, its fucking mental up there :lol: but aye the Ports a tim infested shitehole but theres still Bears about, im sure theres at least one if not 2 or 3 buses that leave from the Port

I moved away from the Greenock area about 10 years ago, moved back about 5 years ago and have now moved away again.The place is indead a junky shitehole. The only decent Rangers pubs are the Rangers club, Cleats and the Cafe continetal. the town has changed dramatically over the past 10 years.

I moved away from the Greenock area about 10 years ago, moved back about 5 years ago and have now moved away again.The place is indead a junky shitehole. The only decent Rangers pubs are the Rangers club, Cleats and the Cafe continetal. the town has changed dramatically over the past 10 years.

The Rangers Pubs gone and the other two are in Gourock mate

The fact that most clubs in greenock are owned by tims meant that when i was 16 in college i used to always get served so we could get mad wi it at lunch time :lol:

That said ive walked through Greenock with a Rangers top on loads of times and never got any bother. Im mental tho

The Rangers Pubs gone and the other two are in Gourock mate

The fact that most clubs in greenock are owned by tims meant that when i was 16 in college i used to always get served so we could get mad wi it at lunch time :lol:

That said ive walked through Greenock with a Rangers top on loads of times and never got any bother. Im mental tho

The Rangers club isn't gone mate?

The horse shoe is a Rangers pub but let the bheggars use the lounge side.

I think Easdales own the cafe,i know they were interested in it and drink in it.

The Rangers club isn't gone mate?

The horse shoe is a Rangers pub but let the bheggars use the lounge side.

I think Easdales own the cafe,i know they were interested in it and drink in it.

In fact its the Morton club thats gone! Is the Britannia club any good ive never been in.

I was in Montieths the other night and both Easdales were in