Players: To Much To Say?

People just dislike Law and therefore jump on anything he says and think 'shut up you prat'.

I'm guilty of it myself, can't say I really like him. Comes across as a bit of a dick. Often think he'd have a better time of it if he just kept his head down no tried to atone for last years performances.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I support all players in a blue jersey while at the club and on the park. I have never shown anything other than support for them all, in a football sense on the park.

My OP was about watching players rather than listening to them about previous incidents and how the manager is fitting in etc etc. and all other manner of guff.

One word from MW is worth a thousand of that drivel that I used as an example.

Nope. I support all players in a blue jersey while at the club and on the park. I have never shown anything other than support for them all, in a football sense on the park.

My OP was about watching players rather than listening to them about previous incidents and how the manager is fitting in etc etc. and all other manner of guff.

Why do you keep indenting the start of each sentence ?

If it were up to me no Rangers players would talk to the press. Or if any did it would be the captain and only the captain.

And they certainly shouldnt be giving the media any ammo against us. I thought it was a bit daft for Law to say it was probably a 50/50, he should have just kept his mouth shut.

That said, theyre footballers, not exactly the smartest people on earth. But id rather our players play well on the pitch and talk shite in the media than vice versa.

I;m sure this thread would have been more suited to hibs.net why don't you go back to there

(Just because Nicky Law stated the obvious in his interview, what are you moaning about? football players state the obvious in their interviews all the time. What do you want Nicky Law to do start giving interviews as if he is Shakespeare and start talking a load of advanced philosophical stuff? He probably didn't even want to do an interview but had to as part of being a player lol so that might have been why it isn't as interesting as Lee Wallace's interviews for example [as Nicky Law's was just a run of the mill press conference that every player has to do as a routine])

It's not a contest.

Players get interviewed all the time. That's what happens. Would have thought you'd be used to it by now. Might be an idea to stop being so easily annoyed. Law's interview was run of the mill chatter, but we all know if anyone else had said this, not a fuck would have been given.

And btw, they ARE doing their talking on the pitch now.

This annoyed me quite a bit last season, especially given the level performances..it was the same old 'oh we need to kick on from the next game blah blah blah'.

Not a fan of the players speaking out too much.

Speaking out? He was interviewed by the press at an arranged event, which the club will have told him to go to knowing he'd be interviewed by said press, and really didn't say much.

'Speaking out' would be a bit of a dramatisation in this case, don't you think?

Speaking out? He was interviewed by the press at an arranged event, which the club will have told him to go to knowing he'd be interviewed by said press, and really didn't say much.

True mate, these events have been organised by the club and it is a part of the players contracts that they need to give interviews.

I would never get annoyed at what a player said in an interview unless we had real reason to.

Before Warburton became our great manager after Jig left, Jig said in the papers that he actually wanted to come out and say in all of his interviews after the times when we lost that he and the team knew the team weren't doing good enough etc and stuff like that and it wasnt up to standards, but Jig said that he was not allowed to say what he really wanted to say in the interviews (probably because of how pre-arranged the interviews are) - so I wouldn't get annoyed at what Law or any of our players say unless it was something completely stupid

Aw naw. They're all at it. All talking to the bloody press. And this bastard's spending half his time talking about another fucking team! How the manager's fitting in and all manner of guff.

How dare he. :mad:

If it were up to me no Rangers players would talk to the press. Or if any did it would be the captain and only the captain.

And they certainly shouldnt be giving the media any ammo against us. I thought it was a bit daft for Law to say it was probably a 50/50, he should have just kept his mouth shut.

That said, theyre footballers, not exactly the smartest people on earth. But id rather our players play well on the pitch and talk shite in the media than vice versa.

So footballers aren't the smartest people in the world? What about Ian McMillan, Bert McCann, Jim Craig to name a few. All highly qualified professionals outwith the footballing sphere. I am sure there are many more but I can't be bothered googling them.

I'm speaking in a more general term rather than this Law interview. Sorry, should of specified that bit :)

Speaking of interviews - just heard Ricky Foster on Sportsound, defending McCoist and admitting training was a bit too 'juvenile' at times... .

He doesnt know it was a foul or not. So what?

Some people just take what others say about us too seriously.....

Houston this, Houston that. He is a nobody. Dont give him the pleasure of being given the attention.

Heard enough about Houston last season without hearing the name again :D

Some people need to get off Law's back

It's not that much the players have to much to say, it's just that law does.

He's likely only answering questions put to him, but he talks so much pish and says all the wrong things.

He doesn't seem too clued in that way

Are you related to him as you appear to share some of his character traits.

loving the fact this season im reading interviews from players/manager talking about football, results and how much they are enjoying the buzz about the club rather than the years of reading about financial meltdown and board troubles!!