Newcastle

G.E.C.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are serious problems with the running of that club, problems which any number of new managers are going to be able to address. Given the size of their support they should be doing a lot better than they are.

They do get big attendances because it's a one club city, but it's a pretty parochial support. They don't have any appeal outside the North East, whereas the top six or so have a global fan base.

They do get big attendances because it's a one club city, but it's a pretty parochial support. They don't have any appeal outside the North East, whereas the top six or so have a global fan base.

True enough, but their strong home following gives them a solid base to work from. The likes of Manchester United and Arsenal didn't start off with a global fan-base either, they gained it by successfully marketing their brand to the rest of the world. With the huge global appeal that the Premier League has in England it's up to clubs to create that overseas fan-base for themselves.

True enough, but their strong home following gives them a solid base to work from. The likes of Manchester United and Arsenal didn't start off with a global fan-base either, they gained it by successfully marketing their brand to the rest of the world. With the huge global appeal that the Premier League has in England it's up to clubs to create that overseas fan-base for themselves.

Can't disagree with that, and they do have a sugar daddy that could transform their image by opening his wallet and signing big enough names to win trophies, that would soon attract the world's glory hunters. That approach took Chelsea and Man City from obscurity to a whole new level.

McLaren only became a manger of note when he took Middlesborough to the Uefa cup semi final (at least I think it was the semis). Then he walked into the England job and all of sudden he's been considered a manager of note. He's fucking terrible.

McLaren only became a manger of note when he took Middlesborough to the Uefa cup semi final (at least I think it was the semis). Then he walked into the England job and all of sudden he's been considered a manager of note. He's fucking terrible.

They reached the final despite being 3-0 down on aggregate in the semi at one point.

They got to the final where Sevilla well and truly pumped them rotten.

The problem really lies with the amount of foreign imports there. How many of them would be able to understand anything he tells them? And what about super coach Ian Cathro? I mind majority of RM members were wanking over the prospect of him coming to us.

I don't think they are as bad as made out. They would of won the game if the ref had made the right call and not sent Coloccini off.

Now all their hard fixtures are out of the way I'd imagine that they we climb the table.

The ref made the right call. It was almost as bad as the Livi cunt's "tackle" at Ibrox.

• 5 weeks later...