Improved Terms?

I know its early and I have no idea what contract the manager has but should we offer improved terms since he is performing better than expected and hopfully put an end to him being linked with every EPL job that becomes available? And if he does get tempted we would get a good fee?

Or is it far too soon?

I know its early and I have no idea what contract the manager has but should we offer improved terms since he is performing better than expected and hopfully put an end to him being linked with every EPL job that becomes available? And if he does get tempted we would get a good fee?

Or is it far too soon?

No matter what contract he is on and how long it's for if he's offered an EPL job he will be off

No matter what contract he is on and how long it's for if he's offered an EPL job he will be off

I disagree. If aston villa want him I think he would turn it down, he is on the way to somthing special with us and could manage in the champions league in a few years if all goes to plan and will become a cult hero on the way, he could go down south, the magic hat doesnt work and he finds himself unemployed.

I think he will be here for a while and only the spurs job would prize him away sooner than he has planned

He's here to coach in the Champions League- a level that would have taken him 10-15 years and various moves to reach in England. Even then it might never happen because there is also that element of luck required in the Premiership when you're managing a team outside of the top 5-6- if things don't go your way through form or injuries you could be in a relegation battle and sacked by November. Managing in the EPL is a fucking merry go round.

Here he's going to get to European nights with the one club, and with only one real rival club to compete with. There is NO WAY he is going anywhere.

If / when we loose him it will be to a club with the real potential to reach the top 4 in England- and if I was a betting man I'd say it would be Spurs as they are the right size and he's a fan. Spurs are no coming in for him after 5 good months in the Scottish Championship so calm the he's leaving chat until you hear the Champions League anthem at Ibrox again man.

I genuinely hope he gets offered a top job in the EPL, just so I can laugh at you mate.

I like you so I'm going to remain nice and wish you luck on your choice.

You honestly think our manager or any player we have in the future will knock back a top EPL job........ Talk about gullible

I don't think beating every team in the Scottish Championship is enough to have English Premiership clubs seriously considering him. If we mount a challenge next season, get into Europe and get some decent results there, that's when I'll start to worry.

Totally agree, they weren't knocking down the door for him last season and he's not doine anything yet to really change that. If he has us challenging next year it's a different ball game. I can't see any EPL club in for him just now

The biggest thing in our favour is the reluctance of top EPL clubs to give a managaerial role to a Brit. If he were offered a top 6 job in England it would be all but impossible to turn down and I do not think we should ever hold it against him if that scenario were to unfold. Here's hoping it is never put to the test.

You honestly think our manager or any player we have in the future will knock back a top EPL job........ Talk about gullible

What do you mean by "top" can't see him ever getting a top 4 job so are we talking about spurs, everton west brom etc... whilst they play at a higher standard than ourselves. I wouldn't see them as a bigger club than us.. Warbs aint daft will he get to manage a bigger club than ourselves doubt it thats why I dont see him going anywhere soon..

What do you mean by "top" can't see him ever getting a top 4 job so are we talking about spurs, everton west brom etc... whilst they play at a higher standard than ourselves. I wouldn't see them as a bigger club than us.. Warbs aint daft will he get to manage a bigger club than ourselves doubt it thats why I dont see him going anywhere soon..

How many times have people said that about players playing for us who get linked with England in the past decade?

If MW is offered a PL job he'll be off, just like the rest. Thankfully for us it isn't likely to happen until we are back at the top of Scottish Football.