Stuart Mccall Q & A, But With Lambert.

OlegKuznetsov

Enjoyed that.

McCall is a fantastic bloke, wish him well in his Managerial career. As much as his time in charge of the Club didn't end in the 'right' manner. I'm still glad he has the opportunity to say he managed Rangers. (tu)

I'm not sure if he's regarded as a Rangers manager. Was he not employed as an interim, basically a stop gap to the end of the season. I don't think he had a proper contract, or we'd still be paying him no doubt.

I did like SMc as well. In fact I was in favour of him getting the job. I'm glad he didn't as Mark and Davie have done a fantastic job.

I'm not sure if he's regarded as a Rangers manager. Was he not employed as an interim, basically a stop gap to the end of the season. I don't think he had a proper contract, or we'd still be paying him no doubt.

I did like SMc as well. In fact I was in favour of him getting the job. I'm glad he didn't as Mark and Davie have done a fantastic job.

McDowell wasn't, McCall was. He was given a contract until the end of the Season.

McDowell is the same as Durrant.

Why?

It was quite clearly a caretaker role till the end of the season. I get the feeling it was a sentimental gesture to McCall to just say, 'Aye you're the Rangers manager...for 3 months'.

I don't agree with it, but I won't argue against it.

It was quite clearly a caretaker role till the end of the season. I get the feeling it was a sentimental gesture to McCall to just say, 'Aye you're the Rangers manager...for 3 months'.

I don't agree with it, but I won't argue against it.

He was given the role for the same reason as the other 13 Managers before him, to succeed. I'm not sure how you can argue that. No matter how long his contract.

He was given the role for the same reason as the other 13 Managers before him, to succeed. I'm not sure how you can argue that. No matter how long his contract.

We've had a few caretakers through history too. Should we count them? How many games is it before a caretaker becomes the full manager? Should McDowall have been 14th and McCall 15th?

But like I said mate I don't want to argue over it. McCall was the 14th manager of Rangers. My feelings don't change that.

We've had a few caretakers through history too. Should we count them? How many games is it before a caretaker becomes the full manager?

But like I said mate I'm don't want to argue over it. McCall was the 14th manager of Rangers. My feelings don't change that.

He wasn't a caretaker, thats the point. He was given a permanent contract.

He was probably the best sliding tackler I've seen.

The number of players that thought they were in the clear, just for Stu to nip and take the ball.

It's a skill I really appreciated. Wasn't half bad at it myself, he said shamelessly.

Stuart McCall has nothing to be ashamed of, he took over a train wreck......In that champions leauge campaign where we almost went all the way in my time i have never ever seen a midfielder give his all and won almost every tackle he went in for more than Stuart McCall did..... He was simply outstanding and will always be a hero in my eyes!

In another situation who knows how McCall would have got on as Rangers manager. Have to say how well he did to get us so close to promotion with the mess that he took over was just 2 games too many for him. You have to always be thankful for his efforts a true Rangers legend

Think you have just outted yourself.

I think the guy is asking if Lambert is a bear, I think he grew up one but having played and captained them he'll likely sit in thier side on the fence now but if so it'll probably mean he'll be quite fair in his thinking...ala no to title stripping.

We've had a few caretakers through history too. Should we count them? How many games is it before a caretaker becomes the full manager? Should McDowall have been 14th and McCall 15th?

But like I said mate I don't want to argue over it. McCall was the 14th manager of Rangers. My feelings don't change that.

Interesting post.

I think caretaker managers, including Durrant, should be acknowledged as managers of Rangers.

Regardless of how long or for how many matches it is part of our history which we cherish so much

Much the same as trialists and loan players count appearances in their career stats.

I think McCall would still have the job if he had got us promoted last season.

I think the guy is asking if Lambert is a bear, I think he grew up one but having played and captained them he'll likely sit in thier side on the fence now but if so it'll probably mean he'll be quite fair in his thinking...ala no to title stripping.

Our history obviously meant a lot to him when he signed for and captained (IIRC) the green and grey