Nevermind What The Final Could Have Been

An unforgettable day, was at the game so didn't see any trouble. Managed to get on a Blackpool train afterwards, I had left my car in Preston and had booked in at the Holiday Inn there.

I was at one of the screenings and having spent a whole day in Manchester, I saw no trouble either. I saw a few bits of the aftermath of some trouble, but I think any trouble was the exception, contrary to what everyone else will tell us.

as much as the final hurt, the fact is i highly doubt we'll be in a european final ever again, certainly not in my lifetime, so i am glad to be able to say "i seen rangers in a european final"

pre match was fantastic, post match was just an absolute shambles

Well you are either very old, in palliative care or a roaster. Three European finals in my life time two of which I attended. Won one, lost one. I see no reason why I can't squeeze in not her one before I go.

Well you are either very old, in palliative care or a roaster. Three European finals in my life time two of which I attended. Won one, lost one. I see no reason why I can't squeeze in not her one before I go.

Because money talks, 5 years between our first two then 36 years between 2 and 3,our backwater league isnt good enough or rich enough now to blood a European finalist

At the time of Manchester I was too young to be travelling to games regularly alone so didn't get to Manchester. Was on a school trip up north at the time. Watched the game on an awful old tele. Will never forget the dejection of that night. Now 21 who knows will I get to watch Rangers in a European cup final one day who knows. Would love to say I will but Scottish football has went so far back would be a miracle

A positive thread about a positive event in our history and folks still moaning and greeting instead of being positive,

I was 13 for our last European Final - 56 now - probably only one I'll see!

On the day of the final - best moment was when the Zenit did some sort of bounce in unison - responded to by 'THE' Bouncy!

So many great memories of the games leading to the final, the trip to Manchester, the day and yes, getting beat was disappointing but there was much to remember, and most of it positive!

A positive thread about a positive event in our history and folks still moaning and greeting instead of being positive,

I was 13 for our last European Final - 56 now - probably only one I'll see!

On the day of the final - best moment was when the Zenit did some sort of bounce in unison - responded to by 'THE' Bouncy!

So many great memories of the games leading to the final, the trip to Manchester, the day and yes, getting beat was disappointing but there was much to remember, and most of it positive!

It is impossible for me anyway to look back on that run with anything but pure disappointment due to the way it ended.

Having said that Lyon away and Florentina stand out massively from that season.

I agree with your general point though it should be positive but the raw hurt from that day is still too much.

I was back down in Manchester about 6 weeks after the final to see John Fogerty at the Manchester Apollo & before the gig I was giving the wife a guided tour of Manchester city centre ie , showing her where the screens were etc where lo & behold, we seen a statue in that square that still had a Rangers scarf round it's neck!

I was on holiday during the second leg of the semi-final. I remember using a live text commentary website on my phone to keep up with the game because phone streaming wasn't quite a thing yet. Just remember reading the words "Vieri. Penalty. Miss. Novo. Penalty. Scored. Glasgow Rangers Win" swiftly followed by me and my dad having a meltdown on some Orlando beach.

Goosebumps!

Some amazing away results, went to all the home games apart from Fiorentina. Went to the Nou Camp and Lisbon, had the time of my life. Then missed my CDT exam for the Final, to this day I still wouldn't have swapped it. My Mum and Dad dont know, I'm 23 now, probably tell them one day.

Because money talks, 5 years between our first two then 36 years between 2 and 3,our backwater league isnt good enough or rich enough now to blood a European finalist

I agree but that was not your original message and I refuse to NOT keep believing no matter what common sense tells me (tu)

Watching Whittaker run by himself against Lisbon..

"PASS IT...PASS IT, FUCKING PASS IT YOU PRICK..

YASSS WHITTAKER, BEAUTIFUL BASTARD"

:lol:

the shagger save against bremen, im convinced cuellar is STILL claiming for offside to this day :lol:

the cousin goal against lyon i missed as well, didnt have a fucking clue we'd scored, back in the days before you could pause live tv, i was waiting on my phone being replaced with a doorstep swap, cunt chapped the door just as we began our attack, by time i came in archie macpherson was spewing shite about cousin slamming it home etc, and im thinking the old cunt has fucking lost it, then the bastards updated the score and we were winning 2-0 :lol:

It is impossible for me anyway to look back on that run with anything but pure disappointment due to the way it ended.

Having said that Lyon away and Florentina stand out massively from that season.

I agree with your general point though it should be positive but the raw hurt from that day is still too much.

I suppose I sort of understand - it's always shite to lose a final - especially a big one - but to not enjoy the journey because of it I find strange - those wins - the trip to Manchester - the sheer excitement of the build up were fantastic - perhaps it was the euphoria of the high of anticipation followed by the low of the defeat that cause such despair but who does not tingle at novos penalty - the service stations on the road down - the ' family' en mass in scumchester - great memories!

Not watched any of that final since leaving Manchester bar the players entering the pitch.

Was distraught. Main memory of the game is Novo missing that chance. Some amazing moments on the run tho.

Still think nacho missed that chance because mculloch jumped infront of just as he was taking the shot