Nevermind What The Final Could Have Been

Travelled 10,000 km's to get there and the next day travelled 10,000km's back - was well worth it, seeing the biggest migration of football supporters EVER.

WATP

(tu)

One of the greatest and proudest days of my life. Was gutted after the match but was glad to have been there

A brilliant trip to Manchester only to watch us play with one up front and didn't have a go at them, was gutted the way we conceded goals, however the road to the final was amazing.

I thought Nacho Novo should have played in the final or should have at least got more time.

The lead up to the final was great, the trip down was great, The pre match build up was something else, The game was terrible.

Cousin was a miss too, but I am sure he regrets missing the final too.

Don't think I've ever been so high then so low in the same day, absolutely immense day mingling with Bears and getting mangled then that pish with the screen and losing.

On top of the world to absolutely distraught in a couple of hours.

When the full time whistle went I just wanted home so I could be depressed in peace.

as much as the final hurt, the fact is i highly doubt we'll be in a european final ever again, certainly not in my lifetime, so i am glad to be able to say "i seen rangers in a european final"

pre match was fantastic, post match was just an absolute shambles

Our greatest years have yet to come.

Mark my words.

Don't think I've ever been so high then so low in the same day, absolutely immense day mingling with Bears and getting mangled then that pish with the screen and losing.

On top of the world to absolutely distraught in a couple of hours.

When the full time whistle went I just wanted home so I could be depressed in peace.

aye me too, I stopped drinking and went straight back to the wee bnb in blackpool, back up the road first thing the next day. I was in some mood for at least a week afterwards lol

At the turn of the year booked a midweek break in London for me and the missus. The plan was take her to the theatre on the Thursday night but as things unfolded that was the away leg against Werder Bremen. Theatre was binned and we watched the game in the Cock Tavern steamed up and flute band on at HT. What a night.

aye me too, I stopped drinking and went straight back to the wee bnb in blackpool, back up the road first thing the next day. I was in some mood for at least a week afterwards lol

No taxis would stop for us because of all the hassle, my cop mate had to go up to a meat wagon and ask them to call us one haha.

We were an hour outside Manchester I think, can mind being in that wee precinct and listening to everyone belting out songs but I couldn't join in.

As jim says, dead proud my team got there but from 15 minutes before kickoff onwards it was a fucking nightmare I want to forget.

No taxis would stop for us because of all the hassle, my cop mate had to go up to a meat wagon and ask them to call us one haha.

We were an hour outside Manchester I think, can mind being in that wee precinct and listening to everyone belting out songs but I couldn't join in.

As jim says, dead proud my team got there but from 15 minutes before kickoff onwards it was a fucking nightmare I want to forget.

we were lucky we left before it all kicked off, one of the boys from our bus got a call from his bro in law that there was a pub 10 mins away showing the game on big screens and was empty. we all got seats right at the front it was great unfortunately it was an irish bar called o'sheas :anguish: beggars can't be choosers though lol

it wasn't until after the game when a few boys came into the pub that we found out about all the bother.

we were lucky we left before it all kicked off, one of the boys from our bus got a call from his bro in law that there was a pub 10 mins away showing the game on big screens and was empty. we all got seats right at the front it was great unfortunately it was an irish bar called o'sheas :anguish: beggars can't be choosers though lol

it wasn't until after the game when a few boys came into the pub that we found out about all the bother.

Aye it was mental, didn't realise the extent of it until we got back to the hotel and seen it on the tv.

Would love to know how many bears actually travelled to Manchester as I've read from 100k to 300k and having travelled down 300k plus is my guess . Very hard to forget the bad bits but the good bits showed Rangers fans are second to none . The show of strength we put on that day will live long in the memory but it's just unfortunate that, as predicted,Manchester wasn't big enough . When I look back the only consolation is how lucky we were to even be there.