Reaching A Europa League Final?

ForeverAndEver

Does anyone think we'll reach another one in the future?

Obviously going to be hard but, if teams like Dnipro and Braga can do it, it shows it's not impossible.

Will probably take some stick for posting this but just sitting watching vids of our 2007/08 run and was thinking about it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The type of players you need to succeed in Europe are now sadly out of Scottish football's reach as you witness by the tims dismal attempts, so I'm afraid it's a no from me.

To be fair would you have considered guys like Alexander, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Daily, Novo, Papac, Weir, Darchville etc good enough to get to a European final a few years ago? I wouldn't have.

To be fair would you consider guys like Alexander, Broadfoot, McCulloch, Daily, Novo, Papac, Weir, Darchville etc good enough to get to a European final a few years ago? I wouldn't have.

Ok let's qualify that,you need either luck or money and we had far more than our fair share of luck that season.

Ok let's qualify that,you need either luck or money and we had far more than our fair share of luck that season.

Yeah I agree.

I don't think this current team would make it to a European final (for all I am happy enough with them and the job they are doing this season) but I talked earlier about decent players out there guys like Naismith, Bougherra, Miller, Davis, Cousin, Mendes, Cueller that we spent anything from 1-3 million on ... spend money wisely and there's no reason we can't get to another final (as the OP says Dnipro and Braga?) and yeah that wee bit of luck too.

I hope so was in Iraq while all you lucky guys were living the dream.

It is in our pedigree so why should it not happen again but priority to me is putting every club in so called top flight in there place again then I look forward to my first competitive euro away game .

Does anyone think we'll reach another one in the future?

Obviously going to be hard but, if teams like Dnipro and Braga can do it, it shows it's not impossible.

Will probably take some stick for posting this but just sitting watching vids of our 2007/08 run and was thinking about it.

Been to two European finals and believe we can still reach another one. Not one for Moriarty style negativity so I'll just keep believing. But we a ways to go

Who knows how football will play out in the future.

If I'd been asked in say 2005/6 I would never have thought we'd have been playing in a European final in a couple of years and in 2007/8 I would never have thought we'd end up playing in the third division.

"It's a funny old game"

Its completely possible. Its one of those things that could happen in 3 years or 20 years or never.

But a Club our size is definitely capable of reaching such heights as has been proven before

Yeah, we will be in one again. There is no reason why we can't be. If the right people with the right money are running our club then it will happen. We, as Ranger's supporters, demand success and won't be completely happy until we win a european title again.

These things come along two or three times in a lifetime. I have been to final's in Barcelona & Manchester and would hope to see maybe one more in the next 10 years. It's all luck really. Lots of good teams just don't make it for all sorts of reasons (though usually by not winning football matches)

Winning 55 and ending our years in the wilderness should be all that matters .The day this happens .All sorts of people will have topped themselves and jumped off Erskine bridge .It will be a day unmatched in our history .For me even better than winning a European trophy or getting to a final .That dream can keep .

Think we would need Scottish football to be stronger to allow us to attract better quality of player. This won't happen as the authorities are inept and money just isn't in the game due to shit TV and sponsorship deals.

As eejay says, let's get 55 and take it from there re Europe.