Warburton Presser

Prso's headband

So interesting to listen to his views on the game. Also the weekly "try get him to talk about Hibs" line thrown in when they asked about McGinn, thats getting boring now. Completely agree with everything he said again. Total breath of fresh air.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zNB-S1eu6A

He doesn't miss a beat, and is now being more determined in shutting down any unwanted questions from the very start.

Good PC again from MW, nice to see someone is keeping up the standards at these meets ...... as the hacks don't know what standard means ...... :P

JH's PC was OK, if slightly predicable, and he did well with the low level of questions directed at him as best he could, he seemed a wee bit irritated but who wouldn't be with this lot.

:uk:

what would sky say re a 16 team league that only has an old firm game twice a year? not much - they would be looking to drop the price yet again.

yet Sky surely want a better product on the box so that people outwith the teams actually playing watch it? cutting costs isn't going to do that.

i think i am arguing with myself here.

I haven't watched the presser yet to see Warbs' opinion, but

I think the problems in Scottish football lie deeper than the format we present our package to Sky in e.g. Grassroots etc. ..

I would agree to stick with a 12 team league so we get 4 old firms a year instead of changing to a 16 team league to accomodate Hibs, Dundee United, Partick Thistle etc. that would make it seem a bit lackadaisical in my opinion. Would make the Championship yearly excitement stop too when all of those teams have a cushion in the Prem and stop getting relegated.

Plus they didn't change to a 16 team league to accomodate us so I will never want to change to a 16 team league unless it is proven that it benefits Rangers.

what would sky say re a 16 team league that only has an old firm game twice a year? not much - they would be looking to drop the price yet again.

yet Sky surely want a better product on the box so that people outwith the teams actually playing watch it? cutting costs isn't going to do that.

i think i am arguing with myself here.

Sky itself is pish. Over 900 channels n the majority of it all is just repeats.

BT sports is the way to go imo. That and Netflix/Youtube

I'd like to see B teams being added to the lower divisions for teams that have the resources to do it. It would increase the quality in the lower leagues and allow the main teams to progress their youth at a much more accelerated pace. Would never happen and i'm not sure how you would get around the collusion risk if the main side dropped into the same league as it's B team.

How much money does Sky put in? Would Scottish football be better if we didn't bother about it and had a larger league with 3pm Saturday kickoffs. Rely on attendances and offer up 3pm matches to the highest bidder. I remember football being good prior to Sky, Setanta etc. I can't even be bothered watching most CL games now.

How much money does Sky put in? Would Scottish football be better if we didn't bother about it and had a larger league with 3pm Saturday kickoffs. Rely on attendances and offer up 3pm matches to the highest bidder. I remember football being good prior to Sky, Setanta etc. I can't even be bothered watching most CL games now.

An absolute pittance, rugby league gets more cash than Scottish football.

I reckon we should have a 16 league team, everyone plays each other twice, and then have two games against the team below you. First plays second, third plays fourth, etc etc. You would likely have 4 old firm games then, and hopefully an exciting end to the league with a double header for the championship!

I reckon we should have a 16 league team, everyone plays each other twice, and then have two games against the team below you. First plays second, third plays fourth, etc etc. You would likely have 4 old firm games then, and hopefully an exciting end to the league with a double header for the championship!

Didn't know teams could have leagues :lol:

Fuck that. Imagine being 4 points ahead of them having played everyone fair and square then they beat us twice to win the league just to suit Sky having 4 OF games? Not a chance.

I do reckon sky is on the decline - though I have it in every room - but the latest box is basically to allow streaming content and you dont need a sky box for that. I do wonder whether BT or Sky will blink first and say "I am not bidding for the EPL rights this time" - because that is the start of the downward spiral for the EPL.

I know its been said for ages that the bubble will burst for the EPL - but the day that happens is the day it does burst.

Additionally, this is the worst year I can remember in terms of quality and excitement. The EPL this year is like a sitcom that went on for a few too many series and eventually "jumped the shark".

Even the Champions league - Chelsea are playing PSG - again. Barca aare playing arsenal - again. Its passed its sell buy date and lost its lustre.

Too much common sense there from Mr Warburton, it's time for the idiots running our game to listen to guys like MrWarburton when it comes what's best for our game and not the idiot chairmen who run the clubs.

they are too blinded by keep us down at the moment to consider it.

It begs the question when they will consider it - wait till us and Hibs are back then say "right we haven't shown Rangers any favoritism so its ok we can go to a 16 team format"

Its pathetic. Its not us clamouring for a 16 team league - Milne and Thomson are gagging for it - yet the first thing its perceived as doing is giving us a helping hand