The Signs Are There

RFC55

We are a shambles. 40k per week now and still cant pay the bills or fund decent players.

Only thing different this year is that we arent getting embarrassed by Hearts and there seems to be more decorum around the place.

youre confused mate

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In pretty sure you were one of the ones that slated me back when we got beat off hibs and dropped points the game after for voicing this exact opinion.

I demand a full apology from 90% of this forum for being right waaaay back when yous all thought we would have won this league before Christmas.

I am dreading hibs next week.

We need new players in Jan, law was more productive in 30 mins than what zelalem was in his whole Rangers career, our defence is pish and our final ball is literally the worse I have ever seen ( apart from us last year) this team are a shambles now the Ho etymon period has wore off and unless more player are brought in we will struggle

You're a fucking prick tho

Fucking gutted, but doing my best to stay positive.

It is very clear as to what MW is trying to achieve with his attacking style of possession football and I fucking love it all day long. I even witnessed a wee bit of it today.

However what I think we are now witnessing, is that MW early doors had these players over achieving. His brand of football caught our opposition well off guard and as we now know, they are setting up to stifle it and batter us physically and rightly so.

We then come under pressure and what our problem is, that too many of our players are of limited ability and some without too much between the ears and the end result is that we cannot cope and too many revert to type and for those shouting Nicky Law come back, get fucking real. He was a failure last season and lacked a spine and I see nothing to change that view.

It has also become apparent over the last couple of months as the opposition sussed us, we seriously lack a physical presence, both in central defence and in midfield. Kiernan and Wilson are big guys, but both are like tooth fairies compared to the opposition and as for Wilson, he remains as slow as a week in jail and brain dead and should never wear the jersey again. Ball is better, but not the answer. We need two strong replacements pronto.

Tav's has totally lost it and his limited defensive ability is badly showing and needs a rest, or change of position, as I just can't see him as a right back.

There now is a lack of cohesiveness in the midfield as teams apply the pressure. Again lack of a midfield ball winner makes us look weak and the oppo are all over us. We need a strong willed ball winner with creativity. We can all see too many square balls and that extra touch and the extra second on the ball, when it should have been moved on at one touch. Some players I have noticed in the last few weeks not making the angle to take a pass. Now that is either hiding or laziness, or indeed the brain dead. All to do with limited ability and lack of confidence under pressure.

Up front, Wag's penalty was a disgrace, as you could see from a weak run up to the ball. His attitude was also lacking today and a very worrying first for me. We do need another option up from, with a taller striker of quality.

From what I witnessed, far too many of our players both lack the ability and the aptitude to play MW's system when under pressure. We do need a plan B, but I doubt these players could adapt for the aforementioned reasons.

If it wasn't for Foder's, we would have been royally humped as our biggest weakness is by far our defence. Both of our central defenders today were a train wreck and the less said about Tav's the better.

Serious investment in players is the only answer, as we are indeed nowhere near to making any impression in the top flight and I now do worry about hivs, as knowing well our weaknesses, they will be all to physical.

The MW system is one I want to remain, it's just that many of the personnel are not good enough and no offence to any of them, it's now obviously just fact. The guys have done well for the most part, so you can't berate them too much. It's getting tough and our opposition or better, our haters, are really going for us, so it ain't easy and it's just that our squad are limited.

Our board do need to free up cash in January and for next season, some serious money invested or we will be struggling and TBH, MW does deserves no less as us our name and heritage also deserves.

Can we get it all clicking again, I certainly fucking hope so and still think we will. If we don't, I won't be blaming MW or the players, but looking at others!!!

We are a shambles. 40k per week now and still cant pay the bills or fund decent players.

Only thing different this year is that we arent getting embarrassed by Hearts and there seems to be more decorum around the place.

There is a lot of differences.

Yeah okay mr. onthespectrum.

Who the fuck is he suppose to cross it too? Kiernan is our tallest player outside of our goalie, he's easily marked and cut off and at that he's also a defender.

Oh but please go on pitch and show Baz how to take a corner kick.

His corners are shite, he was our best outfiled player today but his corners are shite.

Like his immediate predecessors (McCoist, McDowell and McCall) Warburton does not have the leadership skills, experience or bottle to get a team to deliver wins in games where things are not all sunshine for the Rangers team on the pitch. He is presiding over a form and results dip that looks like it could become a slump as the slog of winter games unfolds. He looks more and more like a fair-weather manager with a fair-weather team and collectively they don't seem to have the necessary gears to deliver wins - or even draws - in difficult games. He has only one tool in the toolbox - to him every game looks like a nail which means he only uses a hammer. Predictable. One-dimensional. Building one way of playing regardless of circumstance. Putting style of play ahead of the importance of winning games and of winning the league.

As the pressure builds - like last season pressure they brought on themselves - does Warburton have the leadership skills to withstand the pressure and deliver promotion? I'm not seeing anywhere near enough evidence of this. Sure there is a ton of management-speak about learning lessons and angry dressing rooms and preparing for next game and young players learning and becoming more aware of 'pitch geography' (whatever the fuck that means). All management mumbo jumbo. Didn't hear much of that sort of stuff from SAF at ManU or from Walter Smith. They could lead and they could get extra gears out of players Warburton seems to me to try to achieve this on a painting (playing) by number basis. Can he be an effective leader that handles the pressure and gets the team to deliver? I'm far from convinced. But its up to him to show that he can. Question is - is King and the Board prepared to take that risk if current form and results lead to us being behind in the league come the end of Jan. Warburton has brought the pressure he is about to face on himself. That's not to blame him as such because if he doesn't have the bottle and leadership skillset to deal with this then that would be a simple fact that will become clear within the next 5 months. I

:lol:

I have absolutely no idea who he crosses it to, it's just two arms up in the air and kick the ball that way.

Either that, or it's short corners that take us nowhere.

Because there is noone to cross too that can consistently get it in the back of the net.

The short corners, funnily enough is the way we should be taking them. The opposition outclasses us with height, it's too easy for them too get a head on it.

Because there is noone to cross too that can consistently get it in the back of the net.

The short corners, funnily enough is the way we should be taking them. The opposition outclasses us with height, it's too easy for them too get a head on it.

I'm not asking for it to consistently get in the back of the net, that would be an unreasonable expectation, but we are hardly fielding a team of dwarves against a team of giants.

Our short corners get us nowhere, so funnily enough I don't believe that's the way we should be taking them.

The signs are there that many people will blame King & finances if the manager doesn't do his job and deliver promotion via league winners.

To be fair, the Board and their mouthpieces have taken credit for the on the field results so it is fair that they take the criticism when applicable.

To be fair, the Board and their mouthpieces have taken credit for the on the field results so it is fair that they take the criticism when applicable.

They got credit for hiring the manager, if he flops they'll take criticism.

Posters giving them credit for good performances and others criticising them for poor performances are generally idiots point scoring.

Away don't talk shite.

Bills are being paid, money's being spent.

Every player Warburton asked for he got.

If Warburton wants 1/2 loan players in January that's down to him, not DK.

Keech. MW shopped around for players that were within DK's budget. We ARE Rangers, not fucking bargain basement all because DK didn't pony up the necessary readies as promised and I still won't hold my breath until he is gone!

Fucking big time, because that's all the king boys prattle on about as they try to deflect from the shambles in the board room.