Appealing Halliday's Red Card

WilliamFyfe

The appeal won't be flung out for the kick if the referee puts in his report it was for the "headbutt"

There wasn't a headbutt and regardless, replays show that Halliday kicked him.

I don't even want to get drawn into this debate - Halliday needs to control himself against wee, ginger wind-ups.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I think they'll both get an equal punishment.

Fortunately the game went in our favour, but it was the kind of big game where a poor referee was always going to cause a big problem, luckily the sending off did not affect te result and the way we coped with that set back will hold us in good stead.

Agree it should have been two yellows. For me there wasn't a lot in it but as soon as you strike someone always run the risk of the referee overacting. Its those sorts of moments that football can learn a lot from rugby I think. It was stupid from Halliday to retaliate but was hardly violent or with real intent. It wasn't a punch or a headbutt, was over and done with quickly. The referee should just have pulled them both aside, told Fyvie to stop being an embarrassment and Halliday to control his aggression. Any more of it they are both going off.

Cummings wasn't booked. He should have been booked for kicking the ball away, though.

Who got booked for the tackle at the halfway line then? I thought that was Cummings?

On the point of halliday if the ref puts headbutt and not kick then he's getting off with it.

If he puts attempted kick he's fucked and fyvie will get away with feigning injury

From Stubbs - "I thought Bobby Madden was very good today." Says it all really

Hibs trying their best to spin this back onto Halliday, which aye fair enough, shouldve been smarter and not reacted, but we're forgetting that the wee transvestite willingly conned the referre. Doesnt that constitute cheating? He feigned injury to get an oppponent sent off. Id say that was worse than bumping chests with someone.

Always the same from the media down south. Unbiased opinion, even references the Lafferty incident, but fuck all will happen to Fyvie. We'll win the appeal and be told to move on.

Offlically appealed - From BBC

Rangers will appeal the red card shown to midfielder Andy Halliday during Monday's 4-2 win over Hibernian.

The 24-year-old was ordered off in the second half of the top-of-the-table Scottish Championship game.

Halliday was alleged to have aimed a kick at Fraser Fyvie before the Hibs midfielder clutched his face after the two players came together.

Manager Mark Warburton said he did not wish to comment further while the appeals process is ongoing.

as I previously said you can't fine the player while apealing the card

Of course you can, if he was sent off for violent conduct, a headbutt, then that can be appealed. He can be fined for lashing out in the first place, in any case we should know nothing about the fine as it should be dealt with internally.

I fail to see why you would think they are mutually exclusive

Of course you can, if he was sent off for violent conduct, a headbutt, then that can be appealed. He can be fined for lashing out in the first place, in any case we should know nothing about the fine as it should be dealt with internally.

I fail to see why you would think they are mutually exclusive

so we fine the player for ill discipline and apeal to the sfa that his dicipline was fine?or do we fine every player who commits yellow card offences?