Bobby Russell

Had such great understanding with Tommy McLean and Davie Cooper. You'll see it throughout this video.

(I'm lol at Tommy McLean taking the ball from big Tam at 19 seconds in. :D )

And that final goal against PSV one of the best team goals ever, wee Tommy's timing and pass. :clap:

Had such great understanding with Tommy McLean and Davie Cooper. You'll see it throughout this video.

And that final goal against PSV one of the best team goals ever, wee Tommy's timing and pass. :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KY-2ojKhHs

That goal against Morton was different class.

Couple of cracking finishes to be seen in that vid...

The goal In Eindhoven

I know we got him from Shettleston, but did we pay any sort of fee for him? Just seeing as we got Holt for £65k and what a bargain that is turning out to be, was wondering what we paid for Bobby? A fantastic piece of business what ever the price.

Great player, don't tell KAI

What's the script with Bobby and KAI ?

Not got a clue :unsure:

I think KIA's neighbour suggested he married a Kafflick.

If true I would expect all his goals to be removed from the Rangers history book and a suitable apology made to our staunch support.

He's still a hero to me though. That team was so skilled and all of them were characters, they seemed to have a great team spirit too.

Bobby came to us in a period betwen our Barcelona winning team and the great team of the 80s, so played alongside two great sets of players. Originals like AlexMacDonald and Tommy McLean , then alongside the likes of Jim Bett and Davie Cooper.

A lot of the gers players of that time were disregarded, even insulted by the National team managers. Partly due to a lot of good other players being available, but also there were a few who disliked Rangers.

And in Bobby Russell's time we were up against the best Dundee United and Aberdeen sides ever too, both of whom achieved top European success, and pushing cellic in to fourth often, was a high spot for Scottish football.