bitterness is oozing out of boyd...

KingKirk

21 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He signed his own contract without looking at his wages :rolleyes:

Tbqh if someone offered me he position of Rangers manager, and I was already financially comfortable, I doubt such details as wages would make a blind but if difference to me. 

Crazy huh?

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, gmcf said:

MW said today ( last night ? ) he's still hopeful of landing 1 or 2 before the deadline , so he seems to be expecting something to happen . Hopefully that'll be the case , it's just to lose one of his targets , and now fart about with the other , you're never too sure. 

Which would to me at least add more weight to the suggestion he's been backed by the board. 

Not a Boyd fan but he said nothing wrong. The board made plenty of promises they havent kept. And why would Boyd speak in favour of them after they had a dig at him?

Some fans need to realise that not all of us love DK unconditionally like they do

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Tbqh if someone offered me he position of Rangers manager, and I was already financially comfortable, I doubt such details as wages would make a blind but if difference to me. 

Crazy huh?

And some might also say that if you had been a Rangers supporter all your days you wouldn't have hesitated in playing for the club you loved either.

Crazy as well

2 minutes ago, sammy cox said:

And some might also say that if you had been a Rangers supporter all your days you wouldn't have hesitated in playing for the club you loved either.

Crazy as well

Dunno, there's plenty on here over the last few years who have said they wouldn't go to Rangers as a young player, or send their kid, so it's maybe not that crazy that a Rangers fan in the early stages of their career would choose to try their luck elsewhere first.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Dunno, there's plenty on here over the last few years who have said they wouldn't go to Rangers as a young player, or send their kid, so it's maybe not that crazy that a Rangers fan in the early stages of their career would choose to try their luck elsewhere first.

Well some might say he didn't try his luck very hard elsewhere for very long.

Just now, AlBear85 said:

Really adds no weight to peoples arguments when they say shite like that. Even Boyd didn't mention DK.

Some fans hold DK and the current board to  completely different standard than anyone else

Just now, Willis said:

Some fans hold DK and the current board to  completely different standard than anyone else

I agree there. Previous boards not spending transfer fees never seemed an issue for many. Now it's Rangers men on the board it's all "spend, spend, spend" from them.

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Was it £18m on wages in three years?

Are we blaming the manager again now?

We should make up our minds. Who controls the finances, the board or the manager? Because the flipfloppery is making me dizzy. <cr>

5 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Don't talk pish FFS, why the desperation to criticise all things Rangers on here, it's utterly bizarre.

If the board don't back MW as they have promised him then he will be off and he'll be quite right.

If they don't. But, they have. MW has stated he is delighted with their backing, unless we think he's being less than sincere.

If MW gets offered the Spurs job next week he'll be off, not really worth discussing right now though IMO.

I don't agree with him, we should only spend if it's a good edition to the squad not because an ex player says we should buy right now.I also think that Boyd's comments are motivated more by the way he left and a bit of bitterness towards DK for his comments during the summer. His attitude is a major reason he is no longer at the club.

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

How convenient.

Would you be happy if this board gave out large wages to free transfers and spent nothing in transfers fees? I think this place would go into meltdown if that was the case.

Also we have no idea how much our first team wage bill is this season. We do know we are spending money on transfer fees for the first time in 3 years though.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

2 years at 2 different clubs? Meh. Works for me. Seemed to work for him too. 355 goals isnae too bad.

2 years at Sunderland and 50 odd appearances and comes back to his boyhood heroes. Aye right enough theres not many young football players would turn down their boyhood heroes ask Andy Halliday he might enlighten you.

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

2 years at 2 different clubs? Meh. Works for me. Seemed to work for him too. 355 goals isnae too bad.

Might work for you but the point is I don't think there is any Rangers fan who is playing football and got the chance to play for their boyhood heroes would turn them down regardless.Could be wrong but maybe you should ask Andy Halliday if he had any second thoughts or you could go further back and ask guys like Alex  MacDonald perhaps who I believe made the same start as Ally seemed to work out not to bad for him as well right enough.

4 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

If they don't. But, they have. MW has stated he is delighted with their backing, unless we think he's being less than sincere.

If MW gets offered the Spurs job next week he'll be off, not really worth discussing right now though IMO.

I never said I thought MW was being insincere, I agree he has been backed. My point was in defence of Boyd, if the board do not provide the backing they promised he will be off! Is that not basically what Boyd said?

Don't see what Boyd said that's wrong. 

I trust Warburton to get value for money for the club if we get to the end of the transfer window without any more signings then questions have to be asked what went wrong. 

Not that I expect any answers but just for once I hope the board surprise us.