bitterness is oozing out of boyd...

KingKirk

The big thing is that Rangers have got a massive rebuilding process underway right now, in which the board stated they were going to back the manager and do this and do that,” he told STV.

"So I think forget what’s happened in the past, look at the present and the present is go and back your manager, give him the money to strengthen the squad to cope when they come up.

"I think when you put yourself in that position, if you’re not going to do it then I don’t see why you open your mouth and say you would do it.

"I can understand the things he’s said at the beginning to try and get the fans back on side and appease them."

The former Ranger striker explained that not only did the club’s support deserve to see investment in the team but that if Warburton felt he wasn’t being backed then he could leave Ibrox.

"The fans are everything at that club, they’ve stuck by the club through thick and thin and the thing is when they’re being told they’re getting players in, they’ll make sure they get players in," he said.

"They’re paying good money every week.

"If there’s no money there then I don’t understand why the statements were made in the first place.

"If there’s money there, then you’re going to have to back the manager.

"If you don’t, you might find a successful manager coming up here, turning the whole club about, leaving because if you’re given false promises, why would you stay?"

Boyd denied that he was still smarting from King’s comments.

"It doesn’t play on my mind but I know what was said and I won’t forget it," he said.

"I know last year I wasn’t good enough. Did I deserve to stay? No, because I wasn’t good enough.

"At the same time, we leave it in the past and there was no need to go on and on about it."

fuck off ya failure. I was a Boyd fan back in the day he's a cunt now however

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I guess he's an ex-Rangers player, so the law of averages suggest he might be labelled a cunt or similar in a thread at some point.

Poor in his last spell with us. Bit bitter towards DK. Not particularly disastrous interview, whether or not you agree.

Cunt? Geeze peace.

Where hasn't Warburton been backed? It looks as though Diagouranga went for a fee somewhere around £1-1.5m. Paying that sort of cash out for a near 29 year old isn't all that wise imo.

The hold up with O'Halloran is, apparently, St. Johnstone want the vast majority of the fee up front

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Where hasn't Warburton been backed? It looks as though Diagouranga went for a fee somewhere around £1-1.5m. Paying that sort of cash out for a near 29 year old isn't all that wise imo.

The hold up with O'Halloran is, apparently, St. Johnstone want the vast majority of the fee up front

We were promised investment in the squad a month ago.

If we fail with O'Halloran then questions will rightly be asked.

MoH apart. Neither Boyd nor any of us really know who we have enquired about. 

The gaffer may have been heavily backed but if the target is too expensive he maybe didnt want to push it.

Warbs will have known for ages what his budget would be and if he was unhappy he would have been off already.

Some right pish  now been passed off as major footballing news.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We were promised investment in the squad a month ago.

If we fail with O'Halloran then questions will rightly be asked.

We've signed four players in this window with two joining immediately. 

If the O'Halloran deal isn't good for the club then I'd rather we walked away than continued to pursue it.