bitterness is oozing out of boyd...

KingKirk

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

I never said I thought MW was being insincere, I agree he has been backed. My point was in defence of Boyd, if the board do not provide the backing they promised he will be off! Is that not basically what Boyd said?

There has been a few saying implying exactly that in the media lately. Comments of MW is frustrated and desperate too. Could be wishful thinking, pessimism or mischief making from them.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I never said I thought MW was being insincere, I agree he has been backed. My point was in defence of Boyd, if the board do not provide the backing they promised he will be off! Is that not basically what Boyd said?

but warbs has had the backing so boyds point is nothing more than a dig at dk.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which would to me at least add more weight to the suggestion he's been backed by the board. 

I really don't know. Im trying not to let my suspicions of DK opening his chequebook cloud my judgement of common sense ? 

As things stand , I tend to think it's MW's decision . I also see no reason to employ a chief scout if we're not going to pursue his recommendations. 

I get the impression he's a bit jaded by the manner of his departure & that Miller is doing well. Factor in that killie may well end up being relegated by Hibs in the playoff & he'll wonder what my have been.

also he's not the most eloquent of pundits. Let's face it.

he's not said much wrong though & there's nowt wrong with suggesting King should put his money where his mouth is.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

but warbs has had the backing so boyds point is nothing more than a dig at dk.

He has had the backing...so far yes.

We don't know why we've so far failed to bring in the two new players. Only the board and MW knows. I fucking hope he's ok with it.

10 minutes ago, AlBear85 said:

There has been a few saying implying exactly that in the media lately. Comments of MW is frustrated and desperate too. Could be wishful thinking, pessimism or mischief making from them.

I can understand the mischief making, it's journalists trying to make headlines to sell players it's not a surprise is it? The board hasn't brought in the players MW said would be here by now, rightly or wrongly the press will speculate on the reasons for that.

Just now, Big Al II said:

I can understand the mischief making, it's journalists trying to make headlines to sell players it's not a surprise is it? The board hasn't brought in the players MW said would be here by now, rightly or wrongly the press will speculate on the reasons for that.

MW has also taken issue before with the press about their reporting minus the facts.

4 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I really don't know. Im trying not to let my suspicions of DK opening his chequebook cloud my judgement of common sense ? 

As things stand , I tend to think it's MW's decision . I also see no reason to employ a chief scout if we're not going to pursue his recommendations. 

Believe me, I'm not a massive fan of King. I think he could've avoided a lot of the shit of the last few years and spent it tyre kicking instead. That said, I don't doubt for a second, now he has power, he has the clubs interests at heart. 

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of O'Halloran. Between the players already here we should have more than enough to get promotion. I don't believe for a minute that O'Halloran is the kind of player who will be absolutely crucial to a title challenge next year either.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Believe me, I'm not a massive fan of King. I think he could've avoided a lot of the shit of the last few years and spent it tyre kicking instead. That said, I don't doubt for a second, now he has power, he has the clubs interests at heart. 

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of O'Halloran. Between the players already here we should have more than enough to get promotion. I don't believe for a minute that O'Halloran is the kind of player who will be absolutely crucial to a title challenge next year either.

Oh , completely agree about having the club's interests at heart , it's the spending his own money part I worry about. 

O'Halloran is a funny one because I don't think he's worth the 500k quoted , unlike an experienced English championship player where , if the 600k is correct , I thought would have been. The problem now is having lost one of your two targets , do you overpay to ensure the other ?

Who'd want to be a manager , eh ? 

3 hours ago, KingKirk said:

The big thing is that Rangers have got a massive rebuilding process underway right now, in which the board stated they were going to back the manager and do this and do that,” he told STV.

"So I think forget what’s happened in the past, look at the present and the present is go and back your manager, give him the money to strengthen the squad to cope when they come up.

"I think when you put yourself in that position, if you’re not going to do it then I don’t see why you open your mouth and say you would do it.

"I can understand the things he’s said at the beginning to try and get the fans back on side and appease them."

The former Ranger striker explained that not only did the club’s support deserve to see investment in the team but that if Warburton felt he wasn’t being backed then he could leave Ibrox.

"The fans are everything at that club, they’ve stuck by the club through thick and thin and the thing is when they’re being told they’re getting players in, they’ll make sure they get players in," he said.

"They’re paying good money every week.

"If there’s no money there then I don’t understand why the statements were made in the first place.

"If there’s money there, then you’re going to have to back the manager.

"If you don’t, you might find a successful manager coming up here, turning the whole club about, leaving because if you’re given false promises, why would you stay?"

Boyd denied that he was still smarting from King’s comments.

"It doesn’t play on my mind but I know what was said and I won’t forget it," he said.

"I know last year I wasn’t good enough. Did I deserve to stay? No, because I wasn’t good enough.

"At the same time, we leave it in the past and there was no need to go on and on about it."

fuck off ya failure. I was a Boyd fan back in the day he's a cunt now however

Oh goody - another excuse for a wee hate fest - imagine someone giving there opinion - shocking behaviour 

47 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's ok if the current players stay fit, what if Waghorn was to get injured for example we don't really have a replacement (Clarke doesn't cut it for me) that's why we need someone like O'Halloran in.

Don't think Boyd has said much wrong. However I believe what the manager says that he is looking for value. We should never go back to the days when we paid over the odds -we saw where that took us to. We appear so far to have lost out on 1 player only so far to an English club.Being realistic given the TV money down there we can't even compete on money terms even with Championship teams

To be fair to Boyd, did he not turn down a 2 year contract and say he wanted to prove he was worth a second year or walk away. Well, he wasn't good enough under the managerial soup of last year and he left. Maybe with MW as manager he would have been a lot more inspired. Not so much bitterness as perhaps feeling regret?

25 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I think we know from whom the bitterness is oozing and it isn't Boyd.

your bang on the money that lump was part of a squad a failures. I am bitter cause if it wasn't for getting a manager in that knows what he's doing last years squad could've set us back years

that's why I feel everyone of the players that remain from last year should be punted Wallace apart as I don't recall him ever hiding or having a go at fans when he was undoubtedly below par.

43 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

That's ok if the current players stay fit, what if Waghorn was to get injured for example we don't really have a replacement (Clarke doesn't cut it for me) that's why we need someone like O'Halloran in.

There's all kinds of changes that could be made. Bring Hardie in. Move Miller central, push Halliday forward and use Dom Ball at CDM, play Forrester, Bring Zelalem in and push Law further forward.

Heard Boyd being interviewed and yes he sounded in vendetta mode as he made absolutely sure that he got his point accross with emphasis and in a way that made it obvious that this is what he had wanted to do.

- Boyd was basically a 'wage-thief' last season as he let himself go and performed like a pub player.

- Our club doesn't and can't do big transfer budgets at this point in time.

- Our club is putting a footballing infrastructure in place as we change the way we go about business.

- MW is an excellent fit for this task and credit to board for his selection.

- Our club is modernising and already playing good, entertaining football.

- This is the only way we'll be able to have medium-term success and be financially viable .

- We aren't going to win the top tier next season, it'll take a little longer.

18 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

your bang on the money that lump was part of a squad a failures. I am bitter cause if it wasn't for getting a manager in that knows what he's doing last years squad could've set us back years

that's why I feel everyone of the players that remain from last year should be punted Wallace apart as I don't recall him ever hiding or having a go at fans when he was undoubtedly below par.

There's every chance that if Boyd and the failures had managed somehow to gain promotion last season, we might well have missed the opportunity of W&W being brought to The Club at all, so in a round about way we should probably be thanking them rather than chastising them.

Boyd only said what a lot have been saying for some time now.

:uk:

Boyd added: “When you look back to last summer, I can look at myself in the mirror and admit that I had been rubbish last season. Did I deserve to stay at Rangers? No, I didn’t. But what I will say is that, when you’re being promised this and promised that and trying to get everybody onside by having a go at us… forget us and back the manager.

“To be honest, I couldn’t give a toss what anyone has to say about me. But why hold a press conference on the Friday and then hold another on the Monday, before they even had a manager? I think, in between the two, their season tickets went on sale.”

-----------------------------------------------------

1. He says he was rubbish last season and didn't deserve to stay at Rangers

2. But he criticises people at the club having a go at him (and others)

3. Says he couldn't give a toss what is said about him

4. But he obviously does because he is bitter about it.

5. Criticises club holding two pressers when ST's went on sale

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for investment promised

We are seeing a lot of money being lent to the club so as to keep the lights on that will be turned into equity and King was unwise to take the bait and speak so much at the time about amounts of money when circumstances can and often do change in the ensuing months.