Man of the Match

RFCRobertson

5 hours ago, Briton said:

This banging on about his age gets on my tits.  There are players who are regulars and internationalists at that age , if they're good enough that is.  There are also people fighting and dying at 18.  BTW...it does make a difference if they're on loan.  We shouldn't be loaning anyone unless they are capable of making an immediate impact.  I'm not interested in an Arsenal player's potential. If we are going to give slack to youngsters then they should be our own; I'd have much rather have seen Thompson come on yesterday.

As for the thread subject; that was the worst MotM decision I can remember. A poor performance from Tavenier. Not an easy decision to make as nobody was particularly outstanding but I'd have given it to Ball or Fod.

Sure there are players at international level, and players fighting and dying (not sure there should be, and that'll be obviously so much tougher). But do you seriously think that makes any difference? Do you seriously think that because other people are doing those things it means that an 18 year old would find it easy being abused. By your logic no 18 year old, or anyone else for that matter, should find anything else difficult because 'people are fighting and dying at 18'. Not how it works, sadly.

And of course it doesn't make a difference if he's on loan. First off, he's here at MWs request, he's not been forced on us, and he doesn't pick himself. Maybe anyone that's booing should be giving shit to MW, rather than the lad doing his best on the pitch. Secondly, he's a Rangers player just now, so regardless in what contractual circumstances, he's an 18 YO playing for us, so we should want him to be as good as he can be. Screaming at him, possibly damaging his confidence potentially harms us as well. And him being abused and groaned at is hardly going to encourage others to give us more players in the future. And seeing as MW said it'd be an important market, that could kinda hamstring him a bit.

If we are able to give slack to 'our own', we should be able to give it to Zelalem too, and we'd be pretty thick to choose not to, just because he's a loanee.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

MOTM is a bit of fun. It really doesn't matter a fuck who gets it and any booing you heard would also have been a bit of fun.

If a player got upset cause someone booed his MOTM award he needs to grow a set quick.

I'm sure Tav probably booed himself.

:wink:

Don't know if you were there, but it certainly didn't come across as a bit of fun. I'm sure Tav can deal with it, but it was still a bit shit.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Don't know if you were there, but it certainly didn't come across as a bit of fun. I'm sure Tav can deal with it, but it was still a bit shit.

I was there and didn't hear any booing... or if I did it didn't register as anything with me. I know a few of us made some comments like what game was the sponsor watching cause Tav was far from our best player, but all in jest of course. At least he kept going and didn't hide and in the end provided the cross for the goal.

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

1.  By your logic no 18 year old, or anyone else for that matter, should find anything else difficult because 'people are fighting and dying at 18'. Not how it works, sadly.

2. And of course it doesn't make a difference if he's on loan. First off, he's here at MWs request, he's not been forced on us, and he doesn't pick himself. Maybe anyone that's booing should be giving shit to MW, rather than the lad doing his best on the pitch. Secondly, he's a Rangers player just now, so regardless in what contractual circumstances, he's an 18 YO playing for us, so we should want him to be as good as he can be. Screaming at him, possibly damaging his confidence potentially harms us as well. And him being abused and groaned at is hardly going to encourage others to give us more players in the future. And seeing as MW said it'd be an important market, that could kinda hamstring him a bit.

3. If we are able to give slack to 'our own', we should be able to give it to Zelalem too, and we'd be pretty thick to choose not to, just because he's a loanee.

1. Except I didn't say anything about whether or not he's finding it difficult. I'm sure all the young players do. (I don't think he's being abused either).  I'm just fed up hearing excuses for his under performing because of his age. 

2. Why are you addressing me with this?  I wouldn't boo or scream at any Rangers player.  Has he been screamed at, abused and booed?  

3.  I'm saying he shouldn't be in the team if he can't make an immediate impact.  His potential is meaningless and we should not be playing him to 'bring him on', as might be acceptable in some circumstances with one of our own; I can understand making allowances for that, but not for another club's player.  To be fair, that's the situation at the moment, he wont be selected if we have a full team and hopefully he'll slip down the pecking order further by the end of the transfer window.   

6 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

4 hours ago, Briton said:

1. Except I didn't say anything about whether or not he's finding it difficult. I'm sure all the young players do. (I don't think he's being abused either).  I'm just fed up hearing excuses for his under performing because of his age. 

2. Why are you addressing me with this?  I wouldn't boo or scream at any Rangers player.  Has he been screamed at, abused and booed?  

3.  I'm saying he shouldn't be in the team if he can't make an immediate impact.  His potential is meaningless and we should not be playing him to 'bring him on', as might be acceptable in some circumstances with one of our own; I can understand making allowances for that, but not for another club's player.  To be fair, that's the situation at the moment, he wont be selected if we have a full team and hopefully he'll slip down the pecking order further by the end of the transfer window.   

1. No, you didn't, I did. As an explanation of why the age thing is relevant, despite it 'getting on your tits', and that your fighting and dying point was meaningless. 

2. Because you addressed me in relation to the age thing 'getting on your tits', so I explained why it's important. Yes, he's clearly been screamed at and abused. Happened yesterday.

3. That may be what you're saying, but you chose to say it in response to me saying he should be given patience at his age, and the groaning etc is unhelpful. You may have an opinion on loans, but I'm tempted to follow your line of 'why did you address my post', if that's all you want to say, when I was addressing the groans and abuse he's starting to get at his young age. Because not liking the loan market and not wanting him in the team doesn't justify any impatience with him.

Making allowances isn't about another club's player either. It's about a player that's currently playing for Rangers. Groans will not help us while he plays for us. He's here, and anyone that doesn't like it should take issue with MW, not groan and shout at a young lad.