Man of the Match

RFCRobertson

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tav was absolutely fucking awful today until he got called as MOTM and he then promptly delivers his one piece of quality for the day and wins us the match.

Next game, just announce him as MOTM in the first minute and he should play a blinder for the full 90.

27 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

Bit of a strange reaction to it from the fans though. Wee bit of booing, which is a bit unnecessary. Not exactly what you'd want to hear if you were Tav.

Was a really strange reaction when they announced it (no clapping, laughter and booing) and I felt a bit sorry for Tav having to listen to it (who seems honest enough to admit it wasn't his best game). Quite a bit of jeering towards Zelalem whenever he was on the ball after his powderpuff effort, which I also thought was out of order.

Just now, FSM said:

Was a really strange reaction when they announced it (no clapping, laughter and booing) and I felt a bit sorry for Tav having to listen to it (who seems honest enough to admit it wasn't his best game). Quite a bit of jeering towards Zelalem whenever he was on the ball after his powderpuff effort, which I also thought was out of order.

I know. The Zelalem thing was getting on my tits too. People need to remember, even if they don't like his play, he's 18, he does his best, and it's MW that picks him. He can't very well say 'I'm no playin cause the fans don't think I'm any good'. 

I mean, ffs, at 18 YO I couldn't have dealt with the groans and jeers he gets on the pitch. People need to realise it won't help. Fucking 18 years old ffs. And to think we used to scream about young players and we'd be patient with them and all that shite. And it makes no difference if he's on loan, he'll still require the same patience we said we'd give young guys. A bit of slack to make mistakes and get things wrong.

And Wilson is another guy that seems to have been chosen to be a target for the groans. Even when he's not too bad, as today, the default seems to be groans. Gie it a break ffs.

51 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

The "sponsors" whoever they are always seem to pick some bizarre choices for MOTM it's as if they just pick names out of a hat.

Wes, Keirnan, Wallace & McKay were the only good performers today, McKay would be my choice today marginally ahead of Keirnan & Wes.

It was a 90 year old woman that picket it. 

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

Bit of a strange reaction to it from the fans though. Wee bit of booing, which is a bit unnecessary. Not exactly what you'd want to hear if you were Tav.

People just kind of laughed with bewilderment where I was sitting in the SJ. 

40 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I know. The Zelalem thing was getting on my tits too. People need to remember, even if they don't like his play, he's 18, he does his best, and it's MW that picks him. He can't very well say 'I'm no playin cause the fans don't think I'm any good'. 

I mean, ffs, at 18 YO I couldn't have dealt with the groans and jeers he gets on the pitch. People need to realise it won't help. Fucking 18 years old ffs. And to think we used to scream about young players and we'd be patient with them and all that shite. And it makes no difference if he's on loan, he'll still require the same patience we said we'd give young guys. A bit of slack to make mistakes and get things wrong.

And Wilson is another guy that seems to have been chosen to be a target for the groans. Even when he's not too bad, as today, the default seems to be groans. Gie it a break ffs.

I think he will be a great player once he has more experience but at the moment I think he is poor, but he has great technique. Every ball he plays is a measured pass and I've never seen him put his laces through it which he really needs to try it sometime.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Shoulda been Wes.

he didnt let it phase him..10 seconds after it was announced and booed he swung in a the cross for the winner

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Well said. When games are quite tight , like today , I don't know how anybody thinks getting on players backs helps in any way. 

Another I feel sorry for is Law who despite having a good season , is still being judged , by some , on last term . 

He wasn't at his best today not many were. I would agree with Wes and McKay, but I think many are focusing on his attacking play now. Although he was sloppy by his standards he did keep his head in the game. He cleared a couple off the line and headed a couple out of danger too. Great ball for the goal in the end aswell. Was a poor reaction from the fans maybe the old dear who picked just wanted to meet her favourite player.

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

The Goalie by a country mile was our best player, it was good to play bad but still win, not that long ago we would have been beat in a similar sort of match, upwards and onwards. 

Agree 100% saved the game for me. Wilson done some great defensive work as well throwing himself infront of every ball had a wee jitter early doors but was solid after that.

I'm not Wilsons biggest supporter but he performed well today.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No idea how Kiernan never got it, thought he was superb 

See in all honesty I thought it was actually quite a good defensive performance. As much as the tension made you think they might score, it was long range efforts from Vaulks which put Wes into action.

Wilson made a couple of key tackles, and I don't think the rest of the back 4, defensively, did much wrong.

I'd be comfortable in saying that if that game was earlier in the Season it might have been a different score with how our defending has been.

Just now, ben51 said:

See in all honesty I thought it was actually quite a good defensive performance. As much as the tension made you think they might score, it was long range efforts from Vaulks which put Wes into action.

Wilson made a couple of key tackles, and I don't think the rest of the back 4, defensively, did much wrong.

Yeah I agree. Apart from a couple of Wilsons usual moments of slackness it was a good collective display - they did their job.

our problem today was a midfield with an unhealthy shape and balance to it with Ball and Shiels in the middle - it just didn't seem right from the start.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Yeah I agree. Apart from a couple of Wilsons usual moments of slackness it was a good collective display - they did their job.

our problem today was a midfield with an unhealthy shape and balance to it with Ball and Shiels in the middle - it just didn't seem right from the start.

Definitely agreed. I said before the game that I thought the midfield completely lacked any form of creativity. Warburton sometimes sticks to his rules too much and today it almost cost us. I understand why he doesn't let people walk into the team, but we completely isolated our front men due to no one pushing forward from the midfield. 

That midfield 3 just seemed uncomfortable today.