5 minutes ago, MaddistonKnight said:

I for one will not be cheering anyone other than the Rangers, as I always do.

I think McCulloch was poor for many seasons, at least one of which was prior to the financial disaster. He was never my cup of tea. And unfortunately, the dismal performances we had to put up with over these years will tar ALL the players who featured during it with few exceptions. If players like Black, Foster, Sandaza, etc. can be criticised for taking I wage whilst performing poorly then I do not see why McCulloch should be treated differently.

If the foregoing makes me cynical, then fair enough. I can live with that, but I'll be fucked if I'll cheer someone I don't think deserves it.

That's fair enough.

He wasn't any great shake as a player but I never doubted his commitment to the club and I think that's why I have more time for him than I do for guys like Sadanza & Black even if things did go catastrophically wrong at the end.

At the time I was seething about the way we messed it up but as time has passed I find I'm not as mad about it now and while I certainly wouldn't be up for the full stadium giving him a standing ovation or anything like I do think he was a good solid pro who achieved enough with the club over the course to deserve a decent reception from the fans.

I still hope his team gets well and truly fucked tomorrow though :pipe:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will give him the respect he deserves  as a formar captain of our club , so I won't be jeering  him I also won't be clapping  and shouting  his name, that day at Hampden when he walked  off the park all smiles and cuddling  that timmy swine will always be how I remember  him. And that's a shame cause he has had a lot of good times in a Rangers jersey. 

26 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

That's fair enough.

He wasn't any great shake as a player but I never doubted his commitment to the club and I think that's why I have more time for him than I do for guys like Sadanza & Black even if things did go catastrophically wrong at the end.

At the time I was seething about the way we messed it up but as time has passed I find I'm not as mad about it now and while I certainly wouldn't be up for the full stadium giving him a standing ovation or anything like I do think he was a good solid pro who achieved enough with the club over the course to deserve a decent reception from the fans.

I still hope his team gets well and truly fucked tomorrow though :pipe:

I hope he leaves Ibrox with his arse well felt tomorrow after a good multi-goal roasting!

Time is a great healer, as people do tend to see the past through rose tinted glasses. I am sure I may temper my opinion over time. But the last 4 years are too fresh for me to cut him any slack.  

I can see where you are coming from regards commitment, but to be honest I would rather we had a guy who gives you three good years and fecks off than someone dragging out the horror he did for so long just because he loved Rangers.