Millers Goal

Virtuoso

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Badger said:

I question if he meant to do exactly what he did (I think we all know the answer to that), however it looked fantastic.

How many would be Kenny Millers has there been out there, decent (but not outstanding) footballers that don't work hard or show the right attitude... and end up playing in the juniors by 25yrs old? Miller was never blessed with outstanding ability (by professional standards), but he's got where he is through attitude, work rate and professionalism. A real pro, who must be great to hold up as an example of what simply making the most of what you've got can achieve. 

There is something about Miller that makes me think he'll go on to be a good manager. He's articulate enough, and clearly has the work ethic, professionalism and passion. If he gets the right break and importantly finds himself in a situation that he is given time to prove himself, I honestly think he'll do well. 

Is he not going to coach the Under 20's next year as well as playing?

Kenny too honest here for it'll now be seen as a fluke,saw Mark Noble score a screamer against Norwich into top right corner but he also wasted it by saying he tried for the bottom left hand corner but shanked it  ! Best to claim intention imo as flukes don't win goal of the season.

36 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Kenny too honest here for it'll now be seen as a fluke,saw Mark Noble score a screamer against Norwich into top right corner but he also wasted it by saying he tried for the bottom left hand corner but shanked it  ! Best to claim intention imo as flukes don't win goal of the season.

Yes they do.  Rooney against Man City overhead kick.  Went in off the middle of his shin.  Jammy git.

We all know there was a bit of luck about Miller's goal.  Personally I admire him for his honesty; it was never going to win GotS in any case.

17 hours ago, HG5 said:

Great stuff!

It was Kenny who was on hand to sweep away the rebound when Fod got down brilliantly to save their late header.

He also was between our CB's to break up one of their attacks.

Pretty good all round contribution!

Aye, he was everywhere we needed him, even when our backs were against the wall. I know some on here slag him for losing his pace but his experience and committment outweigh that imo. 

Kenny reminds me of what Shanks once said about Keegan that what he lacked in ability he more than compensated for through his work ethic and passion.

As for those saying lucky goal.  A punter once commented on a Gary Player chip, and said "lucky shot".  PlAyer replied "it's funny, the more I practise the luckier I get."

Kenny Miller is a great role model for our younger players on how to look after your body and stay away from the bevvy.