Player of the year 2016

RFCRobertson

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kiernan getting POTY would be a joke, no offence RFCRobertson. I made a post a couple of weeks back showing how Kiernan has made the biggest contribution of individual errors or poor decisions that have resulted in goals conceded. He gets off lightly whilst Wilson get's the blame for everything and the less Ball plays the more overrated he becomes!

Best of it is is I didn't even make this topic wanting to discuss who should get it, I was only wanting to know about tickets.

Saying Kiernan deserved it was 50 joke 50 serious. He is the best defender we have, he's been more consistent than wilson who fucks up more than him but his aren't as bad. He'll head/cross the ball that'll get intercepted but he doesn't often misplay in such a way that threatens goals against us unlike Kiernan. On the other hand, Kiernan is far most consistent and doesn't mess up, but when he does it's usually in bad areas. Ball and Kiernan was a great back 2, and Ball is a pretty good defender, I would say that the pecking order right now would see him in between Kiernan and Wilson. But Wilson has improved over the season. 

Also I'd be interested to read that post. 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I only mentioned you because I know you're a big fan of his mate. :D Other posters have him as one of the players they would have as POTY. Waggy, Tav, Holt, Wallace, Wes and McKay are all more deserving, in my view, whilst I wouldn't say Kiernan is more deserving over Halliday(someone I don't rate as highly as many on here) 

You've openly admitted recently that Kiernan has 'got away' with many mistakes lately, there was some similar earlier in the season. Here's the post I was on about, I'm sure you read it as I quoted your threads on Kiernan in the same thread. :pipe:

Hands up Kiernan is my favorite player right now haha :wink:

But I do criticize him a lot and can see where he fucks up. I was really pissed at the killie game because of not only did he miss his 1v1 but he nearly gave away a penalty.  I might've missed it because it is a interesting read, my dad was pointing out his fuck ups at the weekend just there too and will no doubt do the same tonight 

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

I think Kiernan has had a good season, but there seems to be this incorrect notion that Wilson has made many more errors. If Ball does come back next season, all three need to improve and cut out the individual mistakes, slack passing and poor positioning

I'd agree with that yeah. On saturday they both gave the ball away quite a fair bit. 

Also I'd like your comment but i'm out of my daily allowance :power_of_anguish:

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

It's awrite, I'll just like yours instead haha.

Yeah I noticed your honest about his mistakes, even if someone is your fave player, need to be honest and poor performances and areas to improve. (tu)

Thanks haha :cheers:

I'm not going to disillusion myself and say "Kiernan is the second coming of christ in the football defending world", He's done and is prone to mistakes. but am alright with that.