Our fitness levels

To show the intensity levels we did for 90 minutes was unbelievable, when you looked at our players walking off they looked like they could have played on for another 90 mins, the scumdee players looked dead on there feet. The gaffer, sir Davie, Craig Flanagan etc have worked wonders.

2 minutes ago, The_Razza said:

Safe to say Murray Park is no longer a holiday camp.

The coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for the conditioning of the team, as do the players for buying into it and so obviously putting the work in.

Auchenhowie please, bar that , spot on.

4 minutes ago, The_Razza said:

Safe to say Murray Park is no longer a holiday camp.

The coaching staff deserve a lot of credit for the conditioning of the team, as do the players for buying into it and so obviously putting the work in.

This

defo can't see the gaffer letting players take penalties at his bare Arse!!, you now realise how poor the previous 3 seasons were....onwards and upwards though!!!! "When we get promoted we're going for 55!!!" 

Unbelievable, the stamina and intensity we have in our team is unreal. Holt, Wallace, Tav are all machines. Halliday puts in a shift every week. Wee Barrie digs in too. Kenny Miller does what he's done his entire career. We're just so far away from what we were under McCoist. The players are hungry and they just want to win games of football.

What I noticed today aswell as the fitness, was the way we pass the ball around and keep it. It's totally unlike any other Scottish team, I kept seeing the Dundee keeper punting the ball up field and losing them possession straight away. We very rarely do that and it seems to be coming together. Same with corners, how often do u see teams hitting a bad cross from a corner, we use the short one which keeps us possession, frustrated me to start with but I now see how it fits our playing style. All in all we were pretty fucking good today!!!! :crywank:

13 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

What I noticed today aswell as the fitness, was the way we pass the ball around and keep it. It's totally unlike any other Scottish team, I kept seeing the Dundee keeper punting the ball up field and losing them possession straight away. We very rarely do that and it seems to be coming together. Same with corners, how often do u see teams hitting a bad cross from a corner, we use the short one which keeps us possession, frustrated me to start with but I now see how it fits our playing style. All in all we were pretty fucking good today!!!! :crywank:

It's not just the players that have bought into MW style but the fans as well. Considering the general consensus is we're a fickle bunch credit has to go in the direction of the fans as well :clap:

4 minutes ago, murzo said:

It's not just the players that have bought into MW style but the fans as well. Considering the general consensus is we're a fickle bunch credit has to go in the direction of the fans as well :clap:

There's not alot to complain about really. Sure, we've had a few off days but we're never gona steam roller every team we play. Long may it continue 

I noticed this picture of the Villa players on the beeb the other day. I think it illustrates the importance of good fitness levels perfectly:

2nit88.jpg

A lot of pies have been eaten by that group and it shows in their results.

Compare that with these handsome bastards:

119sdur.jpg

Night and fucking day.

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Thought we looked shattered the last 30 mins of the QoS game but Mr Warburton gave the players a couple of days off and it looks like it's made the world of difference.

I think this is why Warbs took time to praise the conditioning and nutrition guys.

He was able to give guys a day or two off knowing that physically they would be fine thanks to months and months of careful management by those guys.

This is a team effort from top to bottom and it is just superb.

44 minutes ago, Blackandra said:

What I noticed today aswell as the fitness, was the way we pass the ball around and keep it. It's totally unlike any other Scottish team, I kept seeing the Dundee keeper punting the ball up field and losing them possession straight away. 

The media would have you believe they were one of the better footballing teams in the top league. I struggle to think of a passing move they made today which even resulted in a half chance.

You know that way after a bigger game you expect them to trudge round the ground clapping the fans? They were so energetic even walking! 

Really is no surprise weve now scored 25 goals in the last 10 now. Our fitness could genuinely be the difference between winning the league next season and not. 

Also on the conditioning thing, I know they all buy into it but the one that sticks out for me is Kiernan. Somehow hes got bigger as the seasons went on, hes faster and at every opportunity in every game hes over at the touchline or back at Wes for a drink. He even brung out an energy bar with him and put it behind the goals before the second half. Loved the guy from the minute I heard him scream when we were 5-1 up against Alloa 'keep the ball, keep the fucking ball and concentrate'. Kaisers ma hero.

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The media would have you believe they were one of the better footballing teams in the top league. I struggle to think of a passing move they made today which even resulted in a half chance.

Iv said it from early on in the season. When a team tries to play football against us we steam roller them. We only have trouble when they stick 10 men in the box, but we seem to be managing to break them down now which is another positive.

Dundee looked dead on their feet by halftime, when you consider we were missing MOH, Billy King and Waggy ~ 3 more players that will run at you all day ~ the gaffer is building an outfit that will just not stop. 

Fucking loving it. 

7 minutes ago, JR said:

Dundee looked dead on their feet by halftime, when you consider we were missing MOH, Billy King and Waggy ~ 3 more players that will run at you all day ~ the gaffer is building an outfit that will just not stop. 

Fucking loving it. 

McCann summed this very thing up superbly using Rory Loy as an example.

Basically said when a side has an attacking edge (as Dundee do with Loy, Hemmings, Harkins and Stewart) and a superior attacking side forces those guys to run constantly in the direction they really don't want to then the morale drops and the head goes.

Tiredeness then kicks in.

A very good point all round.