Tom Walsh

NeoGeo7

So I see Hardie started again tonight and his blocked shot led to the first goal so again he's in the mix and doing well. Thompson scored an absolute peach for Airdrie and its led me to think about Walsh. He was an unused sub tonight for Dumbartons home game against bottom club Alloa so why isn't he getting started?

Is this a case of him appearing better than he was due to the players he was around last year or does he really have the potential to be a first team player. Take a look at Ryan Dani alves sinnamon. He has been hyped so much over the last few years yet hasn't got any closer to making his debut for us and indeed he only made 1 appearance for Falkirk.

the current board were clear that the previous youth regime was not working so is it just a case of us expecting/hoping that our current rank contains hidden gems when they aren't up to it or am I just being too early in my judgement of the youth players?

Probably fair judgement IMO, look at the likes of Robbie Crawford. An undoubtedly great athlete but possibly not right for our team.

Seem to be back on the right track and that's all that matters now though.

Would be hesitant on letting players go too quickly though, too many have gone on to do fairly well e.g. Hemmings, Loy and even Kal Naismith. Fair enough they weren't good enough at the time but they hadn't been given the opportunity on loan prior to first team football. 

Bit unfair to compare him to Sinnamon, we've seen Walsh perform at Ibrox several times.

Every time I've checked he's been played for Dumbarton, admittedly that's only been three or four times.

Just had a check on aird. Made his debut at RB in a 3-2 defeat to Montreal Impact. Looks like he was decent going forward but mince defending. The report seemed to reckon he was gaining experience to return here, personally I think he's one due for the exit door.

I'd agree with that. The first goal was entirely due to his horrendous attempt at a tackle on the winger. The second goal was all the fault of the goalie and the third goal Aird wasn't very good at covering.
He wouldn't get a run at full back in our present team. He hugged the touchline most of the night going forward but in defence he was clueless.

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sinnamon made 4 appearances for Falkirk, I don't know what people expect from a 19 year old who was signed as back-up and Muirhead has played well at RB.

He hasn't made a start for us because McCoist favoured Foster/Faure/McGregor and now Tav is the clear number 1. The lad probably won't make it here but some people are too harsh on him. Our young kids are either shit or get overrated on here, remember the hype around Mitchell on the back of a few games? Now where is he at? Did people expect McKay to have such an impact this season? 

I hope when the league is won, someone like Sinnamon get's a chance to show what he can do. Either way it's very likely that Murdoch, Crawford, Thompson, Gasparotto, Sinnamon, Aird, Walsh, Hardie etc won't feature much next season and some will be let go in the summer IMO.

I think the only two out of them that will have a future at Ibrox will be Hardie and Thompson.

6 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Just had a check on aird. Made his debut at RB in a 3-2 defeat to Montreal Impact. Looks like he was decent going forward but mince defending. The report seemed to reckon he was gaining experience to return here, personally I think he's one due for the exit door.

I was at the match. Your assessment is about right tbh. He was disappointing in defense, far to easily beaten.

Thompson is a great young player seen him few times now and will be part of our team same with hardie. As most people have said am unsure also about the other ones? Aird on loan till Christmas so can't see him getting back into our team then. Crawford out the door he's going to Rio Olympic Games to run ??

Couple of my mates with Dumbarton season tickets Walsh looks every bit that level rather than a Rangers player - I've a feeling literally everyone out on loan are at their levels with the exceptions of Hardie and Thompson and maybe McCrorie 

7 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Couple of my mates with Dumbarton season tickets Walsh looks every bit that level rather than a Rangers player - I've a feeling literally everyone out on loan are at their levels with the exceptions of Hardie and Thompson and maybe McCrorie 

McCrorie is his brother at club also? The goalkeeper? The boy from wolves is making a name for himself in the 20s leauge. 

2 minutes ago, Pearson83 said:

McCrorie is his brother at club also? The goalkeeper? The boy from wolves is making a name for himself in the 20s leauge. 

His brother is still at the club, goalkeeper he's rotten

mcLeod from Wolves is decent but needs an end product - hopefully that comes 

19 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

McCrorie turns 18 in a week on Friday I think so he still is very young.

7 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

McCrorie turns 18 in a week on Friday I think so he still is very young.

Of course he's young - they all are - but you can still think a players got it or not 

the amount of times I've said someone won't make it to have "hes Young" rammed down ye lol - and they still don't make it - not you specifically just in general 

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Of course he's young - they all are - but you can still think a players got it or not 

the amount of times I've said someone won't make it to have "hes Young" rammed down ye lol - and they still don't make it - not you specifically just in general 

Walsh,Aird the big Canadian centre back will not make it with us. Andy Murdoch showed he has something about him, through that shocking season last year.

15 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Walsh,Aird the big Canadian centre back will not make it with us. Andy Murdoch showed he has something about him, through that shocking season last year.

Thought he had one good game and that was away to Raith he scored that belter in

rest of the time I thought he was a bit meh but he's the best of the rest I agree

8 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Thought he had one good game and that was away to Raith he scored that belter in

rest of the time I thought he was a bit meh but he's the best of the rest I agree

very few will make it through the Academy to be first team regulars Just the nature of the game.

26 minutes ago, Forever Blue2 said:

Gasparotto has got player of the season at both clubs he's been on loan at, loan system is pointless if that's the case.

Just now, Forever Blue2 said:

very few will make it through the Academy to be first team regulars Just the nature of the game.

That's very true, I don't disagree. In a way Murdoch has earned the development time we've given him with that winner against Hibs last week,

1 minute ago, BEE said:

Gasparotto has got player of the season at both clubs he's been on loan at, loan system is pointless if that's the case.

I happen to think it is. He is playing on the same league we're like Murdoch and now Hardie. Surely game time with us would benefit us more than the other teams. Billy King for 6 months is a strange one, why not give one of our own a chance to prove his worth.

12 hours ago, craigrfcc said:

Probably fair judgement IMO, look at the likes of Robbie Crawford. An undoubtedly great athlete but possibly not right for our team.

Seem to be back on the right track and that's all that matters now though.

Would be hesitant on letting players go too quickly though, too many have gone on to do fairly well e.g. Hemmings, Loy and even Kal Naismith. Fair enough they weren't good enough at the time but they hadn't been given the opportunity on loan prior to first team football. 

Robbie Crawford is a terrible football player.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

fucking hell,some need to ease up on our players out on loan - remember who their playing with, do you expect them to transform teams? their 1 man in a team of 11 FFS.

We are talking about what we've seen of them at Rangers - first team, youths/reserves, sub apps