Templeton

Maarko_1

Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

where is he?? His injury surely wasnt bad enough to keep him out the full season? Disappointing not to see him playing for us, i think hes the type of player MW likes. He could easily do a decent job for us from the bench against tiring opposition defenders.

does he have any future at rangers? When is his contract up?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Maarko_1 said:

Sorry if this has been previously discussed.

where is he?? His injury surely wasnt bad enough to keep him out the full season? Disappointing not to see him playing for us, i think hes the type of player MW likes. He could easily do a decent job for us from the bench against tiring opposition defenders.

does he have any future at rangers? When is his contract up?

Who

seen him on Friday at half time trackside having a laugh with the subs 

if he is out for the season and his contract is up he really should have been made redundant 

i actually like him think he has been unlucky poor surfaces and bad coaching in last 3 years have not helped he was wrongly left out while peralta and Shane Ferguson started ahead of him 

6 minutes ago, TheRave said:

Too injury prone. Time for him to go. We can get better imo.

I agree 

but I don't think the past management team helped matters they had no idea how to play the 1 player that had a wee bit about him in terms of getting you off your seat ? 

19 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

if he is out for the season and his contract is up he really should have been made redundant 

i actually like him think he has been unlucky poor surfaces and bad coaching in last 3 years have not helped he was wrongly left out while peralta and Shane Ferguson started ahead of him 

How can you make him redundant? ? He's got a contract

He's meant to be back in training this week. Apparently Warburton wants him as an option from the bench, if fit, for the games at Hampden against Peterhead and Celtic. My mate who knows his Dad was saying this today. Not sure how it will pan out with fitness and if he will be the same player, too.

12 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

I agree 

but I don't think the past management team helped matters they had no idea how to play the 1 player that had a wee bit about him in terms of getting you off your seat ? 

Yeah I agree the past management didn't help matters, n I think he coulda been a player under warburton. The injury at the start of the season was terrible timing when it looked like he might get a run in the side but I think that sums up his time at us. No point keeping a player we can never put on the park, best for all parties that he moves on.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

He's meant to be back in training this week. Apparently Warburton wants him as an option from the bench, if fit, for the games at Hampden against Peterhead and Celtic. My mate who knows his Dad was saying this today. Not sure how it will pan out with fitness and if he will be the same player, too.

Genuinely talking last week about how we were famous for bringing a player in for a big game from nowhere I said to my wee brother a thought templeton could do a job against Celtic if fit as we won't have king and o halloran 

22 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

Did we not make zaliukas and mcgregor redundant?

I think you're mixing up releasing a player or a mutual termination with redundancy. It's the job that is made redundant, not the employee so it's pretty rare in football outside of situations where a club is in severe financial difficulty. 

On Templeton, I think he's the type of player that could do well under Warbs, given he's surely still one of the most technically gifted players at the club, but unfortunately Warburton can't do anything about his injury proneness 

6 minutes ago, Spectre said:

I think you're mixing up releasing a player or a mutual termination with redundancy. It's the job that is made redundant, not the employee so it's pretty rare in football outside of situations where a club is I'm severe financial difficulty. 

On Templeton, I think he's the type of player that could do well under Warbs, given he's surely still one of the most technically gifted players at the club, but unfortunately Warburton can't do anything about his injury proneness 

I don't know much about employment law lol

maybe I should just a said "paid aff"

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He doesn't deserve to be on the bench for the cup final, would be a joke if someone missed out and he get's a spot.

Ideally that could be right but without king wag horn o halloran aird Walsh and Miller ageing we don't have a lot of attacking options with flair

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He doesn't deserve to be on the bench for the cup final, would be a joke if someone missed out and he get's a spot.

I'm not saying he deserves it or not but you've got to think about the way we play. We play with width/wingers in an expensive style.

Hampden is a big pitch. O'Halloran and King are cup-tied and Waghorn is probably 50-50.

It makes sense to have that option there if he's fit and got his touch again.

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

King and MOH are available for the cup final, are they not?

Seven spaces on the bench - Bell, Shiels, Law, King, MOH, Zelalem and Clark. If all are fit, Templeton shouldn't make the bench IMO.

King and moh can't play and zelalam would be terrified in an old firm game brown would frighten him to deaf unfortunately 

Will be disappointing to see him go, feel like he would be a certain MW 60 min sub...but if his contract is up in summer then i highly doubt it would be renewed, he'll probs find himself (if fit) a regular with a team like killie/motherwell 

48 minutes ago, Vwbear said:

How many starts did Shane Ferguson get?   Templeton is the new Prodan, sooner hes off the books the better