Special delivery for Tim semi final £7 rip off

j1mgg

Just to let people know that they are wanting to charge £7 for your ticket to be sent out by special delivery, if you want to collect from ticket office you need to send an email

Unfortunately, due to SFA rules prohibiting match ticket reprinting for games at Hampden Park, all tickets for the above game will either be mailed out using Special Delivery or held for collection at Rangers Ticket Centre. This action is to ensure all supporters receive the ticket they have been allocated and paid for.

Payment for tickets will be taken on Friday 1st April with tickets available for collection from Friday 8th April.  Ticket prices are as follows:  North & South stands adults £28 and concessions £12, West stand adults are priced at £18 and concession £7.  Please note that concessionary prices apply to under 16yrs and over 65yrs of age.

Should you wish your ticket to be held for collection please do not respond to this email, please email ccardmandate@rangers.co.uk before close of business on Wednesday 29 March; thereafter all tickets will be posted out by Special Delivery at a cost of £7.00. Should you choose to collect your ticket please bring your smartcard(s) as proof of ID

The £7 is for special delivery, if you go to the post office and ask to send anything that method that costs more than a couple of quid.

its not a rip-off mate. That sounds like you are slating the club for doing their duty.

If you want to wait in a massive collection que at a match and probably miss the start, or if you want to take time out when it's not a matchday to visit the ticket centre then choose collection.

4 minutes ago, MacStoner_96Bear_ST said:

The £7 is for special delivery, if you go to the post office and ask to send anything that method that costs more than a couple of quid.

its not a rip-off mate. That sounds like you are slating the club for doing their duty.

If you want to wait in a massive collection que at a match and probably miss the start, or if you want to take time out when it's not a matchday to visit the ticket centre then choose collection.

So why charge £14 for 2 or £21 for 3?

Cant they put more than one season ticket application who are at the same address in the same envelope?

The club should make sure that more than one season ticket holder at the same address gets charge £7 and not £7 per ticket  

Just now, soulboy said:

There used to be a cheaper option which you still had to sign for can't remember what it was called now but used to be about 65p extra which covered goods up to £30

First class recorded delivery is done by royal mail, but they say it isnt actually tracked.

But there is other compannies out there as well who do signed for delivery at half the price.

3 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

There are other options available.

Main one as posted above, why do tickets need to be sent individually.

Club will be getting a favourable discount on the Special Delivery service (£6.45 for you or I posting a single letter, but cheaper rates if you are posting in bulk). It's a rip-off, plain and simple.

1 hour ago, FSM said:

What's wrong with First Class Signed For service costing £1.73? Why does anyone need Special Delivery when the game is 3 weeks away?

Because it's guaranteed before 12noon next day and insured for £500

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Because it's guaranteed before 12noon next day and insured for £500

Thats part of his point. It doesn't need to be delivered before 1200 tomorrow and the value isn't any where near £500. 

However, if the tickets aren't going to be reprinted, then SD seems the only option as they can find the ticket/s if lost, as 1st class don't record where the package is, just that its been signed for when delivered.

Looks from the prices though that someone is trying to make a couple of quid per ticket. Not best practice but its generally the done thing now :(

2 minutes ago, DavieCooperMemorial said:

If you have 3 season books in your own name, then the tickets will be sent in one envelope. if the season books are in different names then the tickets will be sent to the individual holders

I didn't think of that . 

Yould think they'd base it on if it was the same address.

3 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Thats part of his point. It doesn't need to be delivered before 1200 tomorrow and the value isn't any where near £500. 

However, if the tickets aren't going to be reprinted, then SD seems the only option as they can find the ticket/s if lost, as 1st class don't record where the package is, just that its been signed for when delivered.

Looks from the prices though that someone is trying to make a couple of quid per ticket. Not best practice but its generally the done thing now :(

What difference does it really make if it's tracked or not? If your ticket gets lost and the last tracking point was the mail depot, Royal Mail won't bust a gut to find it for you. The chances are you're still going to be left with no ticket and just a refund from Royal Mail.

The club probably pay a few quid at most for their special delivery fee per envelope, and although I realise they have to cover costs it's still a rip-off.

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

So why charge £14 for 2 or £21 for 3?

Cant they put more than one season ticket application who are at the same address in the same envelope?

The club should make sure that more than one season ticket holder at the same address gets charge £7 and not £7 per ticket  

4 tickets to the same address all in a separate envelope, £28 they should be wearing a mask. 

3 hours ago, DavieCooperMemorial said:

If you have 3 season books in your own name, then the tickets will be sent in one envelope. if the season books are in different names then the tickets will be sent to the individual holders

Unless they have change their practise from a couple of seasons ago they still sent them out in individual envelopes for the same named holder. 

3 hours ago, DavieCooperMemorial said:

I've two in my name and they always come in two envelopes. 

It's a total rip off

7 hours ago, DavieCooperMemorial said:

I have two tickets in same name and the tickets always get sent in different envelopes .

I have 3 STs but in 3 names.  I will be collecting mine at the Ticket Office.  If anybody wishes I will uplift their tickets for them if it helps.   I may need your smart card although they may accept an email from you giving me permission.    PM me if you would like my assistance.