Robert Marshall / Club 1872

2 minutes ago, GeeTee said:

One question. 

Why have you abandoned your previous ambition of fan ownership? 

This original aim of RF will never be achieved with a reported 45% for projects which the current major shareholders should be responsible. Not counting the alleged 10% for salaries and costs. 

RF was something different a break from the RST political dark artistry. Something the fans could unite behind, now however it seems like the model was abandoned and I believe  in time the vehicle will follow suit. 

100% minus reasonable costs was what we bought into. Not a face, a pub or personality. Games  bogey for fan ownership. 

Dave's played a blinder. Dingbat and Cwiss abetted. The gullible followed on. 

Time to see how much LyingBrand pulled in seeing as we're all throwing it all in. Transparency? 

Boom.

You're reekin.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reeking of feeling let down by promises made. 

Only signed up to ask the question after the thread was posted on a site ran and frequented by bears who when cut bleed  blue. 

Go fix yourself kid. 

It appears that no fans group is going to be run properly. Unless you have a board that can agree to differ without breaking away and starting another group

as is what usually happens, there is no point to them.

And Robert, you do not have the personality to do this job without exploding.

I would like to be proven wrong, but I will wait and see as time will tell. If you get voted in?

4 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

IN BOLD

At last an answer that can be seen as transparent and also has a degree of honesty that allows you to admit and remove yourself from the stage if your statement is exposed not to be the case stated.......... :cheers:

IN BLUE

Assumption and supposition are a far cry from accusation, and you have to understand that, as every time you answer a poster you mostly react with an unnecessary dig first and then go on the defensive, proving that you have not fully understood what that poster was saying and therefore taking it as a personal dig, and losing the focus of the content in discussion.

I get it that you have come under what can be probing questions as to your motives for standing for office, and let's be honest RM some of the queries are valid due to the high profile you command within the support, but whether it is you or anyone else standing, probing questions will always be asked so that the questioner can make a relatively accurate assessment of the ability of the candidate to perform efficiently the task being voted on, and that I'm afraid is the true way of the world, and in your case at this juncture goes with the territory, especially for the many people who don't know you, and all the references in the world from people who do know you will make no difference as this is in an area not related to your current business, hence the enquiries as to your ability to perform effectively, not just your drive, but to be able to convey the fans requirements through to a successful completion. 

So to assume or suppose are vehicles that help to get to the heart of the matter, and rather than make an ass of a person, are actually politely used to enquire if said assumptions are near the mark ...... or not.

The proof of truth lies with the person being questioned, as only they are assumed to have all the details at hand to deliver whether the supposition is right or wrong.

It is a formula that has worked since time began, and is the only route open when there is a possible trust issue involved, and like it or not RM, after what has been been going on in and around our Club in recent times, some you have personally been in the  position to have experienced I believe, it is therefore not wise to just trust without some knowledge, and this unfortunately includes you as you are now entering the political minefield that comes with fan representation.

Here's hoping you have a better run at it, and all the plans in the pipeline bear fruit and truly benefit the support and The Club ...... in the meantime be prepared ..... Aye even Ready ..... to receive volumes of support or criticism in equal measure as it is all part of the game ...... and is not intended to be taken personally, but rather to be looked at objectively allowing relevant answers to be given where reasonably possible to solve the pertinent issues.

:7325: 

I think you have taken the assume ting to literally  Ass u me  make an ass of you and me

I would have no hesitation about standing down from the election process if any normal fan thought that it was improper.

I actually think when people see what EH CIC is it will endear me to most of the support, 

I know if it was someone  else doing it I would totally respect him, Even if I didn't like him

As for critics, I have had them for 22 years, of course you take them on board if someone puts the criticism  in a  fashion that you can understand, but not these people  that just want to be negative without having an alternative.

When you have a job in the public eye you accept that not everyone will like or agree with you, that's when self confidence and indeed confidence in what you believe and the ability to see it through comes in

And there are very few who have the steeley self believe that I have

RM

RM

1 hour ago, GeeTee said:

One question. 

This original aim of RF will never be achieved with a reported 45% for projects which the current major shareholders should be responsible. Not counting the alleged 10% for salaries and costs. 

RF was something different a break from the RST political dark artistry. Something the fans could unite behind, now however it seems like the model was abandoned and I believe  in time the vehicle will follow suit. 

100% minus reasonable costs was what we bought into. Not a face, a pub or personality. Games  bogey for fan ownership. 

Time to see how much LyingBrand pulled in seeing as we're all throwing it all in. Transparency? 

Boom.

I have been quite open from the beginning that I never wanted fan ownership as I don't think it could work, I have always wanted 25% plus one share. Why are you so confident that the RST will get the votes to elect them?

RM

34 minutes ago, mchammer said:

It appears that no fans group is going to be run properly. Unless you have a board that can agree to differ without breaking away and starting another group

as is what usually happens, there is no point to them.

And Robert, you do not have the personality to do this job without exploding.

I would like to be proven wrong, but I will wait and see as time will tell. If you get voted in?

I take it you know me well, maybe it needs someone to explode with some of them

To be honest I thought I did a decent job of getting RF off the ground

3 hours ago, GeeTee said:

Reeking of feeling let down by promises made. 

Only signed up to ask the question after the thread was posted on a site ran and frequented by bears who when cut bleed  blue. 

Go fix yourself kid. 

You've signed up to ask one question :lol:  ok cool you can leave now you've asked your question :belm:

2 hours ago, The Louden Tavern said:

I think you have taken the assume ting to literally  Ass u me  make an ass of you and me ..... doh Unlike me to miss the humour ......:P

I would have no hesitation about standing down from the election process if any normal fan thought that it was improper ...... (tu) Very commendable, but this should come from your own assessment and not left to normal fans before you take action, as it will then justifiably attract the negative criticism you need to avoid.

I actually think when people see what EH CIC is it will endear me to most of the support, 

I know if it was someone  else doing it I would totally respect him, Even if I didn't like him ....... (tu) The product should always outshine the personality, and this will happen if the ego is in balance, allowing the product to gain the focus, and not be overshadowed by any individual's need to be recognised, then the venture may have a chance to grow to it's full potential with the supports' backing.

As for critics, I have had them for 22 years, of course you take them on board if someone puts the criticism  in a  fashion that you can understand, but not these people  that just want to be negative without having an alternative ..... Not all criticism is constructive I"m afraid RM, but to achieve a wider picture you must entertain the perceived negative view and not react and see it as a personal rebuke, but rather as a de-bugging device of value to iron out any doubts as to the validity of the idea for future success.This may be alien at first, even disagreeable, but it's worth remembering before the die is cast so as to cover all points.

When you have a job in the public eye you accept that not everyone will like or agree with you, that's when self confidence and indeed confidence in what you believe and the ability to see it through comes in

And there are very few who have the steeley self believe that I have ........ (tu) I have no doubt as to your self belief or you would not have become as successful as you have become without this asset, but overconfidence in an Ideal can sometimes be construed as a weakness when you do not allow for others' points of view to be heard and considered when you engage with them, whether that is in everyday life, in your business, and on the internet as in this case. it is more likely to be common than uncommon for people to be "faceless" in this medium, as it allows for the majority to be able to converse and express their opinion without "the noise" that comes with a face to face. This does not mean they are any less important than someone who is happy to be in the public eye, and let's not forget that some of those types leave you drained with their self importance and egotistical manner.

Most go online because it allows them the platform to express themselves without being shouted down and are quite happy to remain anonymous, and the vast majority of people respect this, and to be honest here most people have read books by authors who they will never in a thousand lifetimes ever meet ....... but the words from their books will have a greater positive impact on their lives in many instances and will mean more to them than any five to ten minute "face to face" ever will.

:uk:

4 hours ago, GeeTee said:

One question. 

Boom.

boom :lol: I think that's the bang to your head stranger. Club 1872 is an expanded RF model

Amazing the the amount of new signings coming on here for this kind of thing :) 

Confession time:

April 1st was not my birthday and I have no intention of standing for the Club 1872 Board (and never have).

I obviously posted this as an April fool as quite a few of you realised - but as the thread progressed I saw an opportunity to take some of the suggestions and make sure they are given a proper hearing by the working group of Club 1872.

I am quite notorious for having a bit of an ego but there is no one who makes fun of me more than myself and do not take myself or online very seriously.  I love a joke and a wind-up as anyone who knows me will tell you and I've had great fun having a number of people on the hook who were getting rather upset - so apologies to them :)

To be honest I was quite taken a back with the support I had and I hope that you will support Club 1872 and elect people who will be able to take it forward.

Whether you agree with individuals/groups/clubs etc I hope everyone gives Club 1872 a chance and looks into it in detail before making an informed decision.

Thanks!

Robert Marshall

I dont think any independently created fans group will ever be run properly or without having some fans be against it at least.

I dont see why the Club doesnt set up another fans board. All they'd need to do is when ST renewals come out, have a form for ST holders to fill out if they wish to be on the fans board, then those who wish to be on it go into a sort of raffle, say 6-10 names are chosen, or a few from each area in Ibrox, those 6-10 people are on the fans board for one year, will get no freebies or anything, then the next year its another 6-10 and you cant get on 2 years in a row, this guarantees that it will be a random selection of fans who have bought their ST and wish to be involved.

And it leaves out all this grandstanding and campaigning etc, and it could be done fairly. Yes there might be some that get on that some people dont like, but the reason the people will be on the board is because they have a ST and volunteered, that and no other reason. And if someone is disliked then a year later theyre gone.

Dont see why something like this isnt set up. Some folk were speaking against the fans board last year before any names had been chosen which just makes me think those complaining were in it for themselves. Theres too many in the support who want to be the big man and theres too many sheep willing to follow anyone blindly.

Its not difficult for the Club to be in contact with all ST holders and RSCs and find out opinions on issues etc but the Club doesnt seem to bother. But they should get involved because IMO the fans groups are just too controversial to ever achieve what they want to.

On 01/04/2016 at 2:14 AM, gogzy said:

The tavernier thread is a better April fools joke tbh.

Mother fucker, should have went with my gut all along :lol:

I was also wrong, youre thread got more miles than the tav one.

20 minutes ago, The Louden Tavern said:

Confession time:

April 1st was not my birthday and I have no intention of standing for the Club 1872 Board (and never have).

Thanks!

Robert Marshall

As April Fools jokes go, this is up there with someone pretending that their kid has cancer....only to admit to it being a prank some days later. Utterly fucking pointless but it does go some way in confirming the type of person you are.

Keep this behaviour up and you'll soon be up there with Dingwall and Graham as one of the most divisive figures in our support.

So this was just a joke? What a load of attention seeking pish. Did you just want to find out who on the forum thinks your a wanker? Because the numbers certainly risen now.

5 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

As April Fools jokes go, this is up there with someone pretending that their kid has cancer....only to admit to it being a prank some days later. Utterly fucking pointless but it does go some way in confirming the type of person you are.

Keep this behaviour up and you'll soon be up there with Dingwall and Graham as one of the most divisive figures in our support.

That's an outrageous thing to say. 

Kids with cancer isn't something to joke about or use as a stick :(