STV Squad Ratings

37 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Far better than Rob Kiernan anyway.

Kiernan has been much better for the season. Wilson only started becoming better about December on wards. At that he's still prone to not being fully alert. 

Both Defenders played great last night, Wilson was better by about .5

But in terms of season ratings, Kiernan is much better. Wilson should be higher rated and doesn't deserve the hate that he gets. 

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Kiernan has been much better for the season. Wilson only started becoming better about December on wards. At that he's still prone to not being fully alert. 

But in terms of season ratings, Kiernan is much better. Wilson should be higher rated and doesn't deserve the hate that he gets. 

Kiernan sold himself quite badly twice down the right in the first half, allowing the Dumbarton lad a free run and cross. A better team would take advantage of those kinds of lapses.

We need 2 new centre halves IMO.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Kiernan sold himself quite badly twice down the right in the first half, allowing the Dumbarton lad a free run and cross. A better team would take advantage of those kinds of lapses.

We need 2 new centre halves IMO.

Why I said Wilson was .5 better than him last night. That Dumbarton forward gave them both trouble. 

Kiernan did a good job at keeping aggressive plays live, making good crosses and such. Wilson was also a decent threat on goals too. 

Also yeah I agree, we do need new Centre halves. But we need a defensive mid more. 

Overall fairly accurate I'd say. Only a minor disagreement. I've been pretty impressed with King and MOH but I think it's a tad unfair to give them a higher rating than some who have contributed for a longer period of the season. Forrester of course has barely been here but his contribution has been far more significant.

Next season however I have high hopes for MOH with a full pre season behind him, and if King signs on I think he can also make a telling contribution.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

Why I said Wilson was .5 better than him last night. That Dumbarton forward gave them both trouble. 

Kiernan did a good job at keeping aggressive plays live, making good crosses and such. Wilson was also a decent threat on goals too. 

Kiernan lost a few physical battles against that guy too. He's generally alright with the ball at his feet, but I worry about him up against the likes of the thumb. Same with Wilson.

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Kiernan lost a few physical battles against that guy too. He's generally alright with the ball at his feet, but I worry about him up against the likes of the thumb. Same with Wilson.

We have him to worry about at most, you look at what Their defense have to worry about, Miller, McKay, Forrester and possibly Waghorn. Then there's Holt, Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier. Our goal threat is much bigger than there's.

Like Mr Warburton says, we defend from the front. An important thing he'll have to hammer home is, having Dom Ball in to provide cover as well as Wallace and Tavernier having good communication to have one up and one dowm.

That's the biggest reason our defense suffers, they have no protection. They end up isolated at the back because Tav's push up, Halidays pushed up and Wallace has pushed up. Leaving it just Wilson and Kiernan at the back. Then come a counter, it's 4v2 or a pacy striker they risk a penalty or free kick in a bad area. 

The defense isn't just Kiernan, Wilson and Ball. It's unrealistic to expect the two of them to handle a counter attack by themselves. It's be hard for any defender. 

15 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Precise :P

12 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

We have him to worry about at most, you look at what Their defense have to worry about, Miller, McKay, Forrester and possibly Waghorn. Then there's Holt, Haliday, Wallace and Tavernier. Our goal threat is much bigger than there's.

Like Mr Warburton says, we defend from the front. An important thing he'll have to hammer home is, having Dom Ball in to provide cover as well as Wallace and Tavernier having good communication to have one up and one dowm.

That's the biggest reason our defense suffers, they have no protection. They end up isolated at the back because Tav's push up, Halidays pushed up and Wallace has pushed up. Leaving it just Wilson and Kiernan at the back. Then come a counter, it's 4v2 or a pacy striker they risk a penalty or free kick in a bad area. 

The defense isn't just Kiernan, Wilson and Ball. It's unrealistic to expect the two of them to handle a counter attack by themselves. It's be hard for any defender. 

I agree with all of that. Especially the bit about the midfield not giving enough cover.  They allow way too much space outside the box, and can be a bit open on the counter..

I think they've plucked these scores out from what they hear on the radio rather than watching games

They've got Foderingham in at 7.5/10 based on 'early season distribution teething problems' - I've seen every match this season and there wasn't a problem at all, just a bit of nerves from some people before everyone realised he has good distribution. I would have him at 8/8.5/9

Wilson at 6.5? They haven't watched him live over a whole 90 minutes in the last 2 months I think. I would give him a 7.5/8 same as Kiernan - I think people forget the number of clean sheets as soon as we concede, and Ball I would increase his rating as well who oddly enough is a 6 same as Nicky Law.

Waghorn would be at 9 not 8. I would also have Miller in at 8.5/9 not 8. Halliday 8.5/9 not 8. Holt maybe a 9 from 8.5.

Kieran has definitely been far better than Wilson this season, i would say in the last few games the opposite is true for some reason Kiernan has been a bit shakey but over the course of the season Kiernan has been a rock at the back.

People are forgetting Wilson was fucking horrendous up untill Christmas he was nearly Whittaker level of bombscare he was fine for the majority of games but 2 or 3 times in every game he would have a moment of madness. He has been much improved after Christmas however but still behind Kiernan.