BallochBear

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, cp9 said:

I noticed that too, but I think we need to accept that at some point in the future he's going to get a big job down south. Until that happens we just need to enjoy the great football he's got us playing and reap the rewards that comes with it. 

He'd be a mug to say he's with us long term (tu)

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Yea heard that.

Slightly worrying. 

He's a professional man, personally I don't think he'll allow himself to get too hooked on us because it would hinder his professionalism. The thing that speaks volumes as well is that his family haven't relocated up north.

I'm not being down, I would rather protect myself from disappointment down the line than jump in and celebrate his long stay only to find out he's leaving soon.

BUT, big Davie is his trusty assistant and there's only one club he wants to be at.

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Commited to the club ? Sort of dodging it, but saying how great the club is.(tu)

nothing to worry about he's got a 3year deal talking about next season and signings year after anything can happen that's his final year. Commitment will only come through a new deal. Should sit both down and talk a new deal now

Just now, bombaybadboy08 said:

Only thing I read into his comments were that why would he move when he has everything he needs here, sell out crowds etc.

Not naive enough to think he will never leave us but I reckon he signs another contract, leads us in for a bash at the Champion's League then heads back south.

Just hoping when he does leave that the club keep people that continue our style of play!!

He's never leaving. Ever.

By chance or celestial design we have emerged from the rubble, crawled up the ladder that cost a man his legend status and evolved into the best Rangers team I have ever seen. Talk about 'project'. He belongs with us and we belong with him.

1 minute ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's a professional man, personally I don't think he'll allow himself to get too hooked on us because it would hinder his professionalism. The thing that speaks volumes as well is that his family haven't relocated up north.

I'm not being down, I would rather protect myself from disappointment down the line than jump in and celebrate his long stay only to find out he's leaving soon.

BUT, big Davie is his trusty assistant and there's only one club he wants to be at.

I think its probably more to do with the fact that anything could happen in the coming years. The man oozes integrity and isn't going to sit and make promises he knows he might not be able to keep down the road. 

Only time will tell though, he knows he's started something special here and he's making good of the blank canvas he was given, I can't see him wanting to leave a job half done. 

5 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I honestly think he'll stay for another few season, his reputation  would rise sharply if he gets us to 55 within that time scale.

Which he will (tu)

Or getting us into the last 16 of the Champs League..... :wink:

2 minutes ago, cp9 said:

I think its probably more to do with the fact that anything could happen in the coming years. The man oozes integrity and isn't going to sit and make promises he knows he might not be able to keep down the road. 

Only time will tell though, he knows he's started something special here and he's making good of the blank canvas he was given, I can't see him wanting to leave a job half done. 

can only hope you're right mate :)

11 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Commited to the club ? Sort of dodging it, but saying how great the club is.(tu)

I think I may be one of the few  going by some posts but I don't think he did dodge it. His immediate response to the committed to the club question was yes/yeah, and he then went on to say he was flattered to be linked to other clubs but how huge a club we were, he's looking forward to building, recruiting players and potentially an assault on Europe. I personally have no concerns with his response. Of course I'm not naive to think he'll be here forever but I thought his answer was fine........

6 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Only thing I read into his comments were that why would he move when he has everything he needs here, sell out crowds etc.

Not naive enough to think he will never leave us but I reckon he signs another contract, leads us in for a bash at the Champion's League then heads back south.

that's how I see it right now. For him to leave this summer or next it will need to be a club in Europe or at least challenging for it. I don't see how he would leave a club this size and accept mid table mediocrity in the epl sure its a better league but that only goes so far Imo.

6 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think I may be one of the few  going by some posts but I don't think he did dodge it. His immediate response to the committed to the club question was yes/yeah, and he then went on to say he was flattered to be linked to other clubs but how huge a club we were, he's looking forward to building, recruiting players and potentially an assault on Europe. I personally have no concerns with his response. Of course I'm not naive to think he'll be here forever but I thought his answer was fine........

Nutshell.

16 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Did he not say before that he hadn't moved them up north because his job was to win us the league and until that was certain he wasn't going to make any major commitments that way?

I'm sure I heard that, but again I could equally be talking (wishful) shite :D

8 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

That's the problem m8, we all hear things differently, but if I was a journo ? ..........

9 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Same here. As I listened to him  I didn't immediately think "oh oh" that didn't sound good. I thought he gave a professional reply to a leading question.

I personally think hes started something here and will stay longer than most think, he is only 3/4 years into his management career and he could do something special with us unless an Arsenal or club of that size, it will take something special to get him to leave. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

That's the problem m8, we all hear things differently, but if I was a journo ? ..........

That's all it is is. We all learn, listen, see, interpret things differently and we all have differing opinions. I genuinely let those quotes about his future pass me by on first listening as I didn't think anything of it but after seeing a few posts on here I started to doubt what I thought I just heard. I therefore rewound it and his initially response is yes or yeah. He didn't specifically state word for word he'd be here forever, and i'm not naive enough to think he will be, but I don't think any player or manager ever would. Regardless, his stock will continually rise and rise, the speculation will grow and grow so as others have said we just need to cherish every last moment he has with us. If he ever does go, then we can cry ourselves to sleep but in the meantime let's just fucking embrace all the positivity!