BallochBear

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I personally think hes started something here and will stay longer than most think, he is only 3/4 years into his management career and he could do something special with us unless an Arsenal or club of that size, it will take something special to get him to leave. 

I agree that it's going to take a huge club to draw him away. He's not going to take a Southampton, Everton, Stoke, West Ham job over this one. We've filled the stands playing teams in the second tier.

i firmly believe when we get to the champions league nights at Ibrox he'll be smitten by that point, professional or not. If the Spurs job comes knocking though.......

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

He's a professional man, personally I don't think he'll allow himself to get too hooked on us because it would hinder his professionalism. The thing that speaks volumes as well is that his family haven't relocated up north.

I'm not being down, I would rather protect myself from disappointment down the line than jump in and celebrate his long stay only to find out he's leaving soon.

BUT, big Davie is his trusty assistant and there's only one club he wants to be at.

Na mate coming from MW to DW would end in disaster,we have to stay bk from the rangers men thing. Let's enjoy Mark Warburton while we have him as management is a short stay and he will have ambition to manage down there. We probably will be gutted when he goes but he will lay all the foundations as he goes along for the next man to succeed. Enjoy MW

1 minute ago, Fabric said:

Na mate coming from MW to DW would end in disaster,we have to stay bk from the rangers men thing. Let's enjoy Mark Warburton while we have him as management is a short stay and he will have ambition to manage down there. We probably will be gutted when he goes but he will lay all the foundations as he goes along for the next man to succeed. Enjoy MW

But what I was saying was that MW will not want to split up such a potent management team. He'll see DW as an important part of his own management team. DW will want to stay, so perhaps MW will be influenced by DW wanting to stay - u never know!

I think we will be lucky to keep MW after next season - even though he has a 3 year contract is one of the english clubs want him - especially spurs - he will be off. Too many times he has been asked in  the last couple of days around his future and each time he has prevaricated and deflected a little.

Me no likey.

31 minutes ago, yermaw145 said:

He's never leaving. Ever.

By chance or celestial design we have emerged from the rubble, crawled up the ladder that cost a man his legend status and evolved into the best Rangers team I have ever seen. Talk about 'project'. He belongs with us and we belong with him.

Tell you what.that is the most perfect post I've seen on here for a long while.this is the best football week in week out from a Rangers team I've ever seen.we were fuckin magnificent yesterday.apart from the hoof it and set pieces by the tinks, somebody tell me when you have seen a Rangers side under strength, with only super Kenny upfront, play one touch passing and moving leaving them chasing shadows all over the park. Andy Halliday and shiels and holt totally out classing them in the middle of the park.the sight of that cunt brown pointing at the scoreboard last time, Halliday was all over him like a rash and covered him in his sash.seeing Wes saving that cunts pen was the best GIFRUY for me and a talentless cunt like brown who was taught a footballing lesson by a wee Rangers diehard  from Copland terrace.

Take a bow Andy Halliday, every single one of us wished we were you yesterday son.if you weren't playing, you would have wished to be standing watching with us. Gonna see if wee Mr soprano can get me to have a photo with the man on saturday.

No Surrender

Rab

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

I think we will be lucky to keep MW after next season - even though he has a 3 year contract is one of the english clubs want him - especially spurs - he will be off. Too many times he has been asked in  the last couple of days around his future and each time he has prevaricated and deflected a little.

Me no likey.

i think he has to handle it the way he has, he's not saying I'm here for the long haul nor is he saying well it depends on who is enquiring.

i hope he remains here for 5/6 years at the very least. A man Utd, man city, Chelsea, Liverpool, arsenal will never appoint a Rangers manager directly in this day and age so I really think it's only the Spurs job that could tempt him away. Fortunately pochetino has distanced himself from the man Utd rumours and may sign a new deal (though the EPL clubs have no problems paying out compensation packages to sack manager so things can change very rapidly down there)

25 minutes ago, Fabric said:

Davie Weir was Warburton's assistant at Brentford, so MW clearly is a big fan of him. The fact that he is a Rangers man, while obviously a good thing, wouldn't really have that much of a bearing on whether he replaces Warburton.

1 minute ago, West_Side said:

Davie Weir was Warburton's assistant at Brentford, so MW clearly is a big fan of him. The fact that he is a Rangers man, while obviously a good thing, wouldn't really have that much of a bearing on whether he replaces Warburton.

There are many factors involved in managers decisions on where their future lies. Hopefully we give Warburton no reason to leave but give him many to stay.

if weir is happy and wants the duo to stay it may affect the decision made but at the end of the day if his family remains down south it will never be permanent.

45 minutes ago, bluenosebrad said:

I personally think hes started something here and will stay longer than most think, he is only 3/4 years into his management career and he could do something special with us unless an Arsenal or club of that size, it will take something special to get him to leave. 

I think you're right. He has links to Spurs so maybe they are looking at him long-term? Modern managers don't commit long term, they talk about "projects". I expect Pochettino to take at least another three years to see his project through and then move to a European giant club. It's the same with Klopp. For MW to be in contention to replace guys of that calibre he needs to be consistently winning titles in Scotland and doing something to make an impression in Europe. I can see him with us for another three maybe four seasons to achieve that. If he does so, then a top 6 club in England will be his next step.

What we should be doing is beginning the succession planning now getting young similarly minded coaches working in and learning his system. 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Could be like having a short bench on Sunday, a not so subtle message to King andMini that he needs investment in the summer.

This point the media made completely fucked me off, and even more so when I see Rangers fans peddling it. 

Knowing the way Warburton works, do you honestly think he'd be petty/stupid enough to 'make a point' by not putting players on the bench? Do you not think he'd just talk to King about it?

Also, you would think the media would understand these things can happen, especially when they've asked him at nearly every press conference 'do you think your squad is short' and every press conference he gives the same answer. Warburton wants a tight knit squad, thats why he'll let Law, Shiels and Clark go, when he could quite easily keep them and add the same amount of players. 

If any Rangers fan honestly believes Warburton was doing that to make a point then you don't know our gaffer at all!

4 minutes ago, ben51 said:

This point the media made completely fucked me off, and even more so when I see Rangers fans peddling it. 

Knowing the way Warburton works, do you honestly think he'd be petty/stupid enough to 'make a point' by not putting players on the bench? Do you not think he'd just talk to King about it?

Also, you would think the media would understand these things can happen, especially when they've asked him at nearly every press conference 'do you think your squad is short' and every press conference he gives the same answer. Warburton wants a tight knit squad, thats why he'll let Law, Shiels and Clark go, when he could quite easily keep them and add the same amount of players. 

If any Rangers fan honestly believes Warburton was doing that to make a point then you don't know our gaffer at all!

Exactly mate

54 minutes ago, rab wilson said:

Tell you what.that is the most perfect post I've seen on here for a long while.this is the best football week in week out from a Rangers team I've ever seen.we were fuckin magnificent yesterday.apart from the hoof it and set pieces by the tinks, somebody tell me when you have seen a Rangers side under strength, with only super Kenny upfront, play one touch passing and moving leaving them chasing shadows all over the park. Andy Halliday and shiels and holt totally out classing them in the middle of the park.the sight of that cunt brown pointing at the scoreboard last time, Halliday was all over him like a rash and covered him in his sash.seeing Wes saving that cunts pen was the best GIFRUY for me and a talentless cunt like brown who was taught a footballing lesson by a wee Rangers diehard  from Copland terrace.

Take a bow Andy Halliday, every single one of us wished we were you yesterday son.if you weren't playing, you would have wished to be standing watching with us. Gonna see if wee Mr soprano can get me to have a photo with the man on saturday.

No Surrender

Rab

Great post mate, the only thing I'd add was how we chased down every ball and where we'd lost possession we fought like demons to get it back.

Silk and Steel mate. 

1 hour ago, somersetbear said:

TBH this year is the honeymoon period,let's see what happens end of next season for both parties.

If this is the honeymoon period, then fuck the marriage is going to be beautify 

What we're seeing right now, is a team that was made in under 3 months. That even without key players can still function and tussle with the top SPFL teams and give them a good test. 

Things will get harder, new players are needed. But if this seasons squad is the bedrock of things to come. Then I welcome it with open arms. 

8 minutes ago, clelandhattrick said:

Aye, Weir was hopeless at Sheffield Utd. No more Greig/McCoist sentimental appointments. 

We  went away from that and ended up way someone who could possibly be 1 of our best ever manager. Sentimental appointments don't work as things start to fuck up u feel obliged to give them more backing than normal and it ultimately holds the team back. Without starting an ally thread we took Walter back to get us on the right road after PLG them AMc took us way back then SMc steadied it but no1 took us forward but we have someone with no attachments to us and he's blowing us away with his philosophy of football and his media work is second to none. He's a great fit for our fantastic football club 

2 minutes ago, Fabric said:

We  went away from that and ended up way someone who could possibly be 1 of our best ever manager. Sentimental appointments don't work as things start to fuck up u feel obliged to give them more backing than normal and it ultimately holds the team back. Without starting an ally thread we took Walter back to get us on the right road after PLG them AMc took us way back then SMc steadied it but no1 took us forward but we have someone with no attachments to us and he's blowing us away with his philosophy of football and his media work is second to none. He's a great fit for our fantastic football club 

I never ever want to go back to appointing someone mainly based on their Rangers credentials. We deserve the very best manager we can obtain. If they happen to be a Rangers fan then that's just a bonus.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Only thing I read into his comments were that why would he move when he has everything he needs here, sell out crowds etc.

Not naive enough to think he will never leave us but I reckon he signs another contract, leads us in for a bash at the Champion's League then heads back south.

His contract is 3 years. When it's up, and he's won the league, he'll be Spurs' next manager.

26 minutes ago, thebooler said:

His contract is 3 years. When it's up, and he's won the league, he'll be Spurs' next manager.

I wouldn't grudge him that, he will leave us in a better place than previous managers have.

I'm hoping he signs a new contract just to get us some compensation if he does go, would love him to fancy our chances in the Europa League though.

4 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

I wouldn't grudge him that, he will leave us in a better place than previous managers have.

I'm hoping he signs a new contract just to get us some compensation if he does go, would love him to fancy our chances in the Europa League though.

His other option is....................him and a few of his mates buy the club. I really believe this could happen.