What do we need for next season?

GOAT

13 hours ago, MasterD said:

Unless he signed an extension in the last few weeks then Clarks is up this summer.

They all need to go and free up wages for people that can contribute more.

Clark needed to show a lot more in his chances.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, TheMurray83 said:

Clark is a Championship player at best.  You cant fault his commitment and attitude but he simply isn't good enough.

(tu)

All of the out of contract players should be allowed to leave and I actually think they all will.

I doubt we would be waiting until they only have a matter of weeks left on their deals before we started negotiating.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

(tu)

All of the out of contract players should be allowed to leave and I actually think they all will.

I doubt we would be waiting until they only have a matter of weeks left on their deals before we started negotiating.

Holt, Halliday, McKay and Forrester have all had their contracts extended so I'd imagine that tells you all you need to know.

Clark, Law, Shiels and Templetion will not be here come next season. Hopefully Cammy Bell will be shown the door too.

7 minutes ago, GTMLivo said:

A Scottish cup in the trophy room would be nice European football to attract better quality players.

Im not sure how high a quality player we can afford. When im speaking of being unable to attract/afford higher quality players I mean players with a proven track record who are already much in demand. I doubt we can out-pay many other competing clubs in England. What I think is a positive from recent events is that players of lower leagues who MW rates will now be more likely to give us a fair hearing from our bids. Let's face it Scottish football is not the most attractive option for English based players. However, with Warburton in charge I think most of the English footballing world know he will improve most players he manages. For a certain type of player, their agents will now be beating down our door to sign for us imo. It's Warburton who will attract them not our promises of big-pay.

5 hours ago, DeanMK said:

Holt, Halliday, McKay and Forrester have all had their contracts extended so I'd imagine that tells you all you need to know.

Clark, Law, Shiels and Templetion will not be here come next season. Hopefully Cammy Bell will be shown the door too.

Fingers crossed. We need a higher calibre of player if we are going to compete on four fronts next season and not one of the out of contract players is going to cut it at that level or intensity.

Like I said above there is no way they had 33 shots at goal ffs. BBC fudged the stats and highlights to make it look like it was a smash and grab from us. 

Whoever is relegated from the EPL, Championship and promoted from League 1 is where we will probably be looking first, espcially if Euro footy is on the go. 

For me (in addition to Windass and Crooks) we need:

- versatile full back for cover at LB & RB

- at least 1 first choice CB

- new DM

- new AM (to be creative) 

- squad winger 

- new striker 

I'd also hang onto Ball, and let Law, Shiels, Clark and Bell go.