What do we need for next season?

GOAT

I think there will be at least 3 season-long loanees in next season from down south EPL. 

The manager's of Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City etc would be daft to say "Rangers are looking for one of our loanees who isn't in the first team, and needs decent experience... but I think we will send them to Chesterfield."

MW has developed himself a good reputation throughout the UK. Anyone who hadn't watched Rangers this season would have surely been impressed with the playing style on Sunday.

And the loanees would boost up our squad since we could be potentially fighting on 4 fronts next season

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I think there will be at least 3 season-long loanees in next season from down south EPL. 

The manager's of Arsenal, Tottenham, Man City etc would be daft to say "Rangers are looking for one of our loanees who isn't in the first team, and needs decent experience... but I think we will send them to Chesterfield."

MW has developed himself a good reputation throughout the UK. Anyone who hadn't watched Rangers this season would have surely been impressed with the playing style on Sunday.

And the loanees would boost up our squad since we could be potentially fighting on 4 fronts next season

Correct, and exposure to European football would open that door a little wider.  If Man City were watching that yesterday I'll bet they wished they'd loaned Roberts to us instead! 

2 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

Don't expect a tall striker to hit balls upto that isn't Warburtons way he doesn't need a plan B his plan B is to do plan A better. I would expect Hardie to be loaned out again hopefully to a higher level than Raith this time.

If Hibs stay down I'd consider sending him on loan there. They will be losing Cummings at the end of this season. Would be good development for the lad and Hibs at least try and play decent football.

With respect to the number of attempts on goal, we definitely created less than usual but remember we were missing 4 of our 5 quickest attacking players.

As for their attempts, shiting themselves because they don't know what to do next and papping the ball out of play is called a clearance if it's in their own half but is apparently a shot when they do it in our half. We played them off the park for most of that game and they know it.

For next season, we do need a proper DM to sweep up second balls and cover the full-backs. Halliday and Ball have been good at it for most of the season but are better played elsewhere. Some competition/cover for the full-backs would be good and a younger version of Kenny Miller to lead the line would be great too. I think our current wide players and attacking midfielders (plus Windass) are more than adequate to win us the Premiership.

Firstly, the continuance of the MW system. He IS right, we play our game.

Secondly, a few quality additions to strengthen the defence, midfield and upfront, giving greater depth and options to the squad.

Thirdly, mental and physical toughness. Attitude, composure, no shrinking violets and with discipline

The hater professionals and prostitutes currently in the top tier will cheat, bully, dive, clug, bait and literally stoop to anything to beat us, so our younger players will need to be aware of this, get used to it and get smart to it.

Thereafter, we are shredding anything that is put in front of us!

Personally ...

Defensive cover. I don't even think we need better defenders anymore - it's just obvious that after Sunday, that's the way we will always play. Expansive game which sometimes leaves us a little exposed at the back. Hey-ho. I think we need cover there, though.

2 good strikers. Miller has a new lease of life but we need a bit more fire power upfront. They don't even have to be out and out goalscorers. Waghorn was never classed as one and Miller has always been more a 15 goal a season man on average but with the chances we can create a decent striker can chip in with goals.

If we sign Ball again then I don't think a defensive midfielder is a priority anymore, even moreso with Crooks arriving. I've no idea if Crooks is good are not but with him and possibly Ball then numbers wise for that sort of cover we will be OK.

If we have enough money left then a right good creative type midfielder. In the mould of Davis/Mendes. A proper 3/4 million quid man who can make that extra bit of difference in the final third.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Personally ...

Defensive cover. I don't even think we need better defenders anymore - it's just obvious that after Sunday, that's the way we will always play. Expansive game which sometimes leaves us a little exposed at the back. Hey-ho. I think we need cover there, though.

2 good strikers. Miller has a new lease of life but we need a bit more fire power upfront. They don't even have to be out and out goalscorers. Waghorn was never classed as one and Miller has always been more a 15 goal a season man on average but with the chances we can create a decent striker can chip in with goals.

If we sign Ball again then I don't think a defensive midfielder is a priority anymore, even moreso with Crooks arriving. I've no idea if Crooks is good are not but with him and possibly Ball then numbers wise for that sort of cover we will be OK.

If we have enough money left then a right good creative type midfielder. In the mould of Davis/Mendes. A proper 3/4 million quid man who can make that extra bit of difference in the final third.

three quarters of a million - or £3 to 4 Million?

4 hours ago, GOAT said:

I looked at the stats from Sunday and despite feeling we dominated the game (which we did possession wise), the mhanky mhob still had all the chances on goal.  We defo need a creative midfielder who can find space with defence splitting passes.  We defo need another striker capable of running into these spaces, or finding the space.  We need a tall, strong, pacey centre half aswell IMO.  A defensive midfielder is also a must.  Maybe another winger. 

Other positions we just need cover/competition for etc.  But next season if we're going to have all of the possession against them again we need someone to create something from it, because IMO if we had that on Sunday and a striker that could find that little bit of space we would have destroyed them.

They were hitting hopeful digs from anywhere they could. Regardless of their shot tally. I'll always take great comfort in knowing that our second tier team with 4 key players absent had them pinned in their own defensive third for long periods of the game. 

Outpassed and outclassed. 

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

We wont spend that kind of money. We may get that kind of player if we are really lucky- but it will be a Bosman.

I never said we would. The point of the thread is what do you think we need. That's one of the things I think we need if we are to win the title next season. I can't see King laying out that for a player despite his investment promises.

Maybe Windass is that type of player. Who knows. Will soon find out - if that's saved us 3 or 4 million then perfect.

I see Richard Wilson said in an article on the BBC website that "doubts remain" about Foderingham.

Oddly enough, it's not the first time I've read that opinion either but I don't think there's any doubts about him at all.

He's our number one and will remain so for next season.

8 hours ago, allgers said:

Clark has another year on his contract, it's unlikely that he will be going anywhere, Shiels has said the club is in talks with his agent, Law hasn't made any comments.

Thank GOD Templetons contract is finally finished.

Unless he signed an extension in the last few weeks then Clarks is up this summer.

They all need to go and free up wages for people that can contribute more.

We need a big centre back.  Every set piece ball into our penalty area has us in a panic and not just at the weekend.  We shipped 9 goals in three games at a level where that just should not happen.  I'm not bothered if Zelalem and Ball go back to their clubs.  We need another couple of midfielders especially a defensive mid.  We could also do with another out-and-out striker plus a goalkeeper.  We need cover at full-back.

I expect Bell, Law, Templeton and Shiels to leave.  Also the two loanees to go back.  I can't see any place for Aird either so he may be off-loaded.

5 hours ago, DeanMK said:

They were hitting hopeful digs from anywhere they could. Regardless of their shot tally. I'll always take great comfort in knowing that our second tier team with 4 key players absent had them pinned in their own defensive third for long periods of the game. 

Outpassed and outclassed. 

They did have some very optimistic attempts but they had 33 of which 10 were on target.  We had 9 attempts with 3 on target.   We need to turn possession into chances.   

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

I looked at the stats from Sunday and despite feeling we dominated the game (which we did possession wise), the mhanky mhob still had all the chances on goal.  We defo need a creative midfielder who can find space with defence splitting passes.  We defo need another striker capable of running into these spaces, or finding the space.  We need a tall, strong, pacey centre half aswell IMO.  A defensive midfielder is also a must.  Maybe another winger. 

Other positions we just need cover/competition for etc.  But next season if we're going to have all of the possession against them again we need someone to create something from it, because IMO if we had that on Sunday and a striker that could find that little bit of space we would have destroyed them.

Thought our two centre backs were excellent on Saturday.  We need a deeper squad a point made by the manager and acknowledged by King.

Who we can afford to bing in depends on 21 May and who leaves.  I hope we can bring in cover for Clark, Shiels, Law, Ball and Zelalem, though I'd rather the latter two stay for another season.

I think the prospect of Europe somewhat muddies the waters because even the Chairman admitted he didn't expect that this early and he must have been on cloud 9 at what unfolded in front of him on Sunday.  If anyone can dig up a top class bargain it's Mr Warburton and if King will allow him say up to a million on a single player who knows.

Example of how effective that can be.  I saw an article in which the manager said that he was offered Jamie Vardy for a million while at Brentford and wanted him but Brentford didn't have the money.  I would hope King would throw a million into the pot for a single player if the manager told him this was a guaranteed gem. 

19 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

They did have some very optimistic attempts but they had 33 of which 10 were on target.  We had 9 attempts with 3 on target.   We need to turn possession into chances.   

3 on target and 2 goals. We were clinical but hesitant to take the chance.

At the end of the day we still won with a few key players out. If Celtic don't make any progress in the summer I can see them getting massacred in the next OF. We're certainly going to be a much stronger outfit next season.