Zelalem v Alloa

TMB

Quality. showed a range of passes yesterday and lost the ball once. Got in about a few tackles and was way more vocal than normal. I like him he is a class act and he will go on to be a top player.

The lack of appreciation for actual football players in this country is why he won't progress as much as he can up hereĀ 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Quality. showed a range of passes yesterday and lost the ball once. Got in about a few tackles and was way more vocal than normal. I like him he is a class act and he will go on to be a top player.

The lack of appreciation for actual football players in this country is why he won't progress as much as he can up hereĀ 

(tu)

He reminds me of B Ferguson, sideways and backwards are his favorite moves. Hasnt lived up to the hype but thats never a suprise, but seems to lack, not ability, but desire. Like watching him at times but other times he is sheer frustrating. But good luck whatever he does. Loved the shhhhh gesture to the tims though.

Played well. Did what he usually does well, also put more of a shift in and got into some challenges, played some more cutting edge passes, got into some more advanced areas and played at a more suitable tempo than previous.

Seen a big improvement yesterday, off the bench against Hibs and Celtic as well.Ā 

His finishing is fucking embarrassing though, it's not something to be ignored either.Ā 

26 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

everyone can see there is a player in him, its just a pity that the player cant get out because there is a skinny wee pussy of a body stopping him

when he came on against hibs how many times did a hibs midfielder simply blow him aside with a gust of wind, he's far too lightweight and powderpuff for our game, even in the top division he will be, he hasnt got the build or the bravery for up here

he would be more suited in a european league where it isnt 100mph, he just isnt strong enough for our game, and tbh its not 100% his fault, scottish football is just so shite that players of his build and mentality dont cut it

This goes back to the famous saying that Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't have made it here.

Even Messi would've been written off because he's too wee,this country is a total farce when it comes to technical football.

11 minutes ago, Charlie Bear said:

He reminds me of B Ferguson, sideways and backwards are his favorite moves. Hasnt lived up to the hype but thats never a suprise, but seems to lack, not ability, but desire. Like watching him at times but other times he is sheer frustrating. But good luck whatever he does. Loved the shhhhh gesture to the tims though.

:lol:

38 minutes ago, Sket said:

Bump this thread in 3 years then you will see how wrong you are.

But i wont be wrong as, as i said in my previous post, my judgement is based on zelalem the rangers player not zelalem in 3 years time wherever he may be. Zelalem in 3 years time and his performances then will not have and relevance to rangers or his overall performance as a rangers player which in my opinion and in many others, hasn't been good enoughĀ 

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This goes back to the famous saying that Xavi and Iniesta wouldn't have made it here.

Even Messi would've been written off because he's too wee,this country is a total farce when it comes to technical football.

If yer no a hammer thrower yer shite :anguish:

1 minute ago, Glasgowrangersafc said:

But i wont be wrong as, as i said in my previous post, my judgement is based on zelalem the rangers player not zelalem in 3 years time wherever he may be. Zelalem in 3 years time and his performances then will not have and relevance to rangers or his overall performance as a rangers player which in my opinion and in many others, hasn't been good enoughĀ 

You are wrong.

Just now, Sket said:

You are wrong.

Im wrong to say he hasnt made an impact this season? As i have agreed with you and others, he may well go on to have a great career but as a rangers player he hasnt done much at all and i personally dont think when playing so regularly for a team who has dominated the division and had massive amounts of possession that he has done enough. I think you are misunderstanding what im saying, im not saying that he hasnt got ability or isnt capable of have a great future, all im saying is, in a rangers jersey this season, he hasnt done enough

I thought he had a good game yesterday, he passed the ball well and always wanted to be involved.

Alloa players tried a few times to kick him but he rode their tackles.

This boy has very good ability and will light up the team he plays for in the years to come.

I don't know why folk slate him, after all, who would they put in his place. Please don't say Law ffs.

It was the same with wee Barrie, he got slated, but I reckoned early on that he was the best young player I had seen for a while and he has proved this to be the case.

38 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

different kettle of fish with fergie, he always had the ability, walter just didnt give him the chance because the push for 9 and then 10iar

fergie didnt need bled into wee dicks team, advocaat seen what he had and threw him into the middle of the park in his first game and left him there for 4 years

He'd been given some opportunities the previous year by Walter, the year he was a roughly similar age to Zelalem is now.Ā But when he became a regular for Advocaat, he was two years older than when Zelalem started this year. Nearly a year and a half older that Zelalem is now.

So yeah, it's a different kettle of fish in quite a few ways. The crux of it is that at just past his 19th birthday there was no evidence that BF was more advanced than Zelalem.

And lets take Hutton. Where was he at 19 and a bit? He didn't really flourish till he was 21 approaching 22. Before that he was decidedly ordinary, and at 19 and a bit he was nothing special.

Zelalem looks good for his age.

59 minutes ago, Charlie Bear said:

Weapon.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

He'd been given some opportunities the previous year by Walter, the year he was a roughly similar age to Zelalem is now.Ā But when he became a regular for Advocaat, he was two years older than when Zelalem started this year. Nearly a year and a half older that Zelalem is now.

So yeah, it's a different kettle of fish in quite a few ways. The crux of it is that at just past his 19th birthday there was no evidence that BF was more advanced than Zelalem.

And lets take Hutton. Where was he at 19 and a bit? He didn't really flourish till he was 21 approaching 22. Before that he was decidedly ordinary, and at 19 and a bit he was nothing special.

Zelalem looks good for his age.

I fail to see how zelalem looks good for his age given his career has been in the English development leagues and the Scottish championship, the latter he has been average more than good

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So we just base it on age and ignore that Zelalem has played more games in his career than Ball? Seems the age factor is only used to suit an argument and used as an excuse for Zelalem.Ā Doesn't matter that the kid is only 19 years of age, he's came through at a massive club filled with great coaches and talented players, the standard at under 21 level is much superior to the Scottish second tier. Zelalem hasn't done enough for Rangers given the apparent world class talent and abilityĀ that many state he has on here!

Some even try to suggest our footballing style doesn't suit him.Ā :lol:

I'd argueĀ Zelalem has learnt more training with top players and playing in the under 21s for Arsenal than McKay has in the third division and on loan at Raith/Morton.

Who is saying Murdoch has more talent and potential?Ā 

Couldn't care one single bit what potential Zelalem has or what he does in his career, all I care about is what is produced for my club. Stand by that Murdoch would have done as much(if not more) for us this season. Seems people would prefer Zelalem to become a star elsewhere which doesn't affect our football club and for Murdoch to fail here, just so they can come back and said I told you so. Even-though everybody knows who has more potential and talent and it doesn't help our club at all!

How far advanced isĀ Zelalem? The kid is so far r he's struggling in the second tier of Scottish football?

Zelalem won't be dominating a top German team at 19/20 the way Ferguson did, so how will he be more advanced than Barry next year?

One final point that I find hilarious, is the people suggesting people in this country don't appreciate this type of player. Yet I've been arguing with English, Scottish and other British football fans for years when I was often told Gerrard/Lampard were better than Xavi/Iniesta. My favourite players over the years are Xavi, Iniesta, Riquelme, Redondo etc. This is the apparent type of player Zelalem is, but I don't see it at all,Ā his passing is so overrated and he gives the ball away more often than many believe.

So you know better than mw ?

2 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

True, but like it or not thats the game we play in, look at hemdani for example, uefa cup winner at marseille, comes to us, rotten in the spl but a standout in europe

The Scottish game is a joke, guys like zelalem are passengers more than not purely because some big useless cunt is paid a few grand to run about and kick people

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Let's just close Rangersmedia down right now, nobody is allowed an opinion and if it differs from the manager it's automatically wrong. Managers obviously get everything 100% correct, the Polish goalkeeper was a massive success!!

Are you albear's second account?

Put yer tampon back in it was a simple question , do you think the manager has got it wrong ?Ā 

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are you saying Warburton has got it right with every player?Ā 

No i was asking a simple question , i think in mw we have something special though and he will go onto greatness , that doesnt put him above criticism though and i have said before i dont agree with his subs at timesĀ