Farewell Boleyn.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

Was listening to TalkSport for a bit earlier today and they were asking exactly the same thing. 

Technically Upton Park is the name of the area, not the stadium. A bit like when folk say Parkhead instead  of The Piggery.

22 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

33F6AB9100000578-3581723-image-a-22_1462

Looking at that maybe also an indication of how an individual as poisonous as Ashley can through sheer greed and gross neglect reduce a club to a station it should never be in.

OT: 15k Corporate seats at The Emirates :lol:

It's embarrassing the amount of money that was spent to build that stadium, money which could've put to much better use, then in the end to just give it to West Ham is for a pittance is downright laughable.

4 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Celebrating mediocrity at its best! Amazing to see them show off all they trophies they've won over the years ………… oh wait a minute!

Wanky comment. They're a fantastic Club, with a great history. Why do they need to have trophies to celebrate that? 

4 minutes ago, SuperPapac05 said:

These cunts need taking out. 

I'd be cringing for decades if this was Rangers' Ibrox farewell. 

I'd end it all .Feel that I had wasted all these years .It's embarrasing .Seen more excitement at s ballet concert 

6 minutes ago, ben51 said:

Wanky comment. They're a fantastic Club, with a great history. Why do they need to have trophies to celebrate that? 

Think most of us on about the cringe tonight Ben .And it's almost worthy of the beggardome theatrics .

3 minutes ago, centenarystand said:

I have no axe to grind with West Ham but i can't believe ive just witnessed that. 

Whoever organised it should be made to sit in the stand when the bulldozers come in. Was honestly cringe as fuck!! 

Well, as predicted yesterday, I should have booked today off. I won't be getting much done today that is for sure. 

Was an amazing night during the game - The atmosphere was electric, a lot of memories shared with the people that we were sitting with and of course a cracking result. I have to say, I could only stick half an hour of the closing "celebrations." 

19 minutes ago, CF2 WINNIE said:

I fell asleep just after the game when shit was starting. I woke up about an hour later and the cunts were still going. Must have been dull to watch it all on TV

Me too, which is why I always chuckle when they say shit like "the most exciting league in the world".  Sure, you might get interesting things happening like Leicester winning the league, but try actually watching their games. :ohmy:

25 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Me too, which is why I always chuckle when they say shit like "the most exciting league in the world".  Sure, you might get interesting things happening like Leicester winning the league, but try actually watching their games. :ohmy:

I will watch football from anywhere if it is on and bar the excitement of wanting Leicester to win every week making those games interesting it is nowhere near the best league. I would certainly put Spain and Germany above them possibly even the Italian league. Maybe not the overall quality of player but they are certainly better games.

I stayed right to the end and left about 30 minutes after the whole thing ended, looked out to the pitch one last time and imaged all the heroes I'd seen play there before leaving the ground for the last time. I can tell you that I had an almighty lump in my throat when I turned away as I have some great memories of Upton Park and even the bad times brought on some of the happiest moments of my life. 

The celebrations at the end were pointless and naff. It was nice seeing some of the West Ham greats and some cult heroes, BUT it could have been done at half time and what made it worse was there was no Geoff Hurst (contracted elsewhere) and worse still, no Billy Bonds. The signing off bit was cringey. Noble's speech was good and the fans singing "to good for England" ended it well, but everything else was drawn out crap and where I stand, you couldn't hear anything anyway. 

The ground should have been flooded with supporters that had been there man and boy, young and old all saying good bye by celebrating with their own.

We move to the OS, soon to be given some daft branding name. It was the right decision for the club in the current era of the game and the deal the owners stick was remarkable, but it won't be a proper ground in my opinion. 

For those that are unaware, the running track is there, but during football it will be covered by retractable stands. 

West Ham in the next few years will make waves and be a regular top 6 side, but at the cost of authenticity and the working mans game, it may or may not have been worth the move.  

5 hours ago, East London Loyal said:

I stayed right to the end and left about 30 minutes after the whole thing ended, looked out to the pitch one last time and imaged all the heroes I'd seen play there before leaving the ground for the last time. I can tell you that I had an almighty lump in my throat when I turned away as I have some great memories of Upton Park and even the bad times brought on some of the happiest moments of my life. 

The celebrations at the end were pointless and naff. It was nice seeing some of the West Ham greats and some cult heroes, BUT it could have been done at half time and what made it worse was there was no Geoff Hurst (contracted elsewhere) and worse still, no Billy Bonds. The signing off bit was cringey. Noble's speech was good and the fans singing "to good for England" ended it well, but everything else was drawn out crap and where I stand, you couldn't hear anything anyway. 

The ground should have been flooded with supporters that had been there man and boy, young and old all saying good bye by celebrating with their own.

We move to the OS, soon to be given some daft branding name. It was the right decision for the club in the current era of the game and the deal the owners stick was remarkable, but it won't be a proper ground in my opinion. 

For those that are unaware, the running track is there, but during football it will be covered by retractable stands. 

West Ham in the next few years will make waves and be a regular top 6 side, but at the cost of authenticity and the working mans game, it may or may not have been worth the move.  

Hard to imagine there not being Upton Park anymore. One of the great footballing venues.