Farewell Boleyn.

17 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Soak it all in tonight mate , I'm sure it will be a very emotional night . I took my son to the ground last season and I'm glad that he got to experience something special , and he can always say that he got to the Boleyn . Stadiums in the heart of their community are sadly disappearing and tonight makes me glad that no matter how bad things have been the last 5 years , leaving Ibrox was never an option .

Will do mate. Gonna be a very emotional night all round. Cheers.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What changes are being made to the Olympic stadium to make it more football friendly? Will it still have an oval running track or are they bringing the ends in the way they did at Manchester? Problem with oval shapes like Hampden is poor viewing from the ends and a reduction in atmosphere.

Couldn't imagine walking along Govan Road and seeing flats where Ibrox should be. Really feel sorry for West Ham fans who are leaving their home ground to play at a soulless shitehole with a running track around it. Always had a soft spot for West Ham, they seem like the quintessential London club to me, hope they run onto the pitch after the game instead of watching some "farewell parade".

A positive for West Ham fans, as well as the extra income, is that Stratford has been so well tarted up that game day will be a lot of fun around the stadium, even if the stadium itself is a bit soulless. They will also attract a lot of casual and overseas fans looking to take in a match in London. The stadium is really easy to get to and there are lots of drinking and eating options nearby, even if you ignore the Westfield.

I hope it works out for them. Good club with a good manager.

3 hours ago, mus said:

TRTRB you are completely right, and I don't think Westfield are ready for the people coming through their shopping centre on a match day, the Cow pub will be chaos!!

Hopefully some fans will still go round to the upton park area on match day, as the local shops pubs etc will lose a fortune in revenue, which will be a shame

Its only a couple miles between the grounds is it not? Most fans wont mind the walk, underground, bus etc when they can continue their pre match ritual

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Its only a couple miles between the grounds is it not? Most fans wont mind the walk, underground, bus etc when they can continue their pre match ritual

Very true, but the stadium is stuck out the way a fair bit, and the transport links aren't great, and if you get the tube, DLR,you have to walk through Westfield to get there, not sure how the old bill will separate the fans? 

4 hours ago, TheMotor said:

A positive for West Ham fans, as well as the extra income, is that Stratford has been so well tarted up that game day will be a lot of fun around the stadium, even if the stadium itself is a bit soulless. They will also attract a lot of casual and overseas fans looking to take in a match in London. The stadium is really easy to get to and there are lots of drinking and eating options nearby, even if you ignore the Westfield.

I hope it works out for them. Good club with a good manager.

It will. People like me who live miles out and commute through Stratford basically get free travel due to our rail season tickets.  I'll be going when I get a  chance.

Just a pity my hammer mate didn't take me to the boleyn like he promised 

6 hours ago, Bris Koyd said:

Couldn't imagine walking along Govan Road and seeing flats where Ibrox should be. Really feel sorry for West Ham fans who are leaving their home ground to play at a soulless shitehole with a running track around it. Always had a soft spot for West Ham, they seem like the quintessential London club to me, hope they run onto the pitch after the game instead of watching some "farewell parade".

Completely agree with you about hoping the fans get on the pitch 

Very cringey, they should have all walked out the stadium all looking back a final time and moving on, giving the ground the respect it deserves

Not into all this but fair play if it's what the fans wanted for a send off 

4 minutes ago, ex-guardsman said:

Until end of next season I think.

:lol: No fucking way. :lol: His contract will get cancelled; surely!!!

This whole goodbye party is utter shite. Just smash balls against Ben Shepard for half and hour. That would be good viewing. 

1 minute ago, SuperPapac05 said:

:lol: No fucking way. :lol: His contract will get cancelled; surely!!!

This whole goodbye party is utter shite. Just smash balls against Ben Shepard for half and hour. That would be good viewing. 

On 22 October 2015, Cole signed for Scottish champions Celtic on a two-year deal lasting until 2017