Offensive Behaviour At Football Act Getting Abolished?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

last night a saw ma daddy makin a boooomb

oooh eee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep!

woke up this mornin and the chapel was gooooone!
ooooh eee chirpy chirpy cheep cheep!

I remember years ago we used to have running riots after an old firm game now that I agree would need police intervention in this day and age, but to get arrested for singing songs at a match then going to the pub afterwards then home without any actual violence happening (comparatively speaking) is just ludicrous.

The act was never thought through at the beginning and was originally only used against us and only recently against other clubs, again we are returning back to the top where we belong and the shift of power is also turning back in our favour.

Fuck I really do hope it gets punted because I cant wait to stand next to my son at Ibrox with the world famous Billy Boys getting sung by the whole stadium and our opposition on the park is wondering what the fuck is happening. 

Getting tingles down my spine just at the thought of it

10 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Wonder what that means for folk who have been banned with it.. Me

Surely worth an appeal as soon as it gets abolished mate, as if the very act you got arrested and punished for is to be deemed not fit for purpose, then a good argument for the punishment to be scrapped should be easy enough. 

Make no mistake this isn't done for our benefit 

the taigs have felt the biggest sense of injustice over it and it's their very own Labour MPs that got the ball rolling with this. If it was us getting hammered only and not them then there would be nothing getting quashed. 

1 hour ago, fanaticCR said:

The Billy Boys will still be banned.

This Law means you can get jailed for pretty much anything you say that someone could find offensive. Sooner it's gone the better.

That's it - I think the problem with this law is the offensive behaviour part of it as it appears to give police officers total discretion if you're being offensive which is a total farce 

Just now, K.A.I said:

That's it - I think the problem with this law is the offensive behaviour part of it as it appears to give police officers total discretion if you're being offensive which is a total farce 

That's bang on as was the reason they two guys walked out of court last week with all charges dropped as the police arrested them for singing what they deemed to be in support of an illegal terrorist group only for the judge to inform them they were wrong. Either they teach these cunts what really is allowed or not or the whole thing is completely farcical 

"Opinion polls show this measure is widely supported by people across Scotland"

Is it fuck.  Where was this poll taken, outside a wee scone shop in Perth.? Its a bad day when learned people criticise this bill.

I truly hope it disappears entirely up its own anus.

I agree with James Kelly this law needs scraping as it will not stop sectarianism.

As he says "The place to tackle sectarianism is in our classrooms",  to do this you do away with faith schools and let all children grow and learn together, it will take a while to see some change but its a better road to go down than pass a silly law that doesn't work at all.

1 hour ago, bluedart1952 said:

I agree with James Kelly this law needs scraping as it will not stop sectarianism.

As he says "The place to tackle sectarianism is in our classrooms",  to do this you do away with faith schools and let all children grow and learn together, it will take a while to see some change but its a better road to go down than pass a silly law that doesn't work at all.

I have said this for years, it is mental splitting up weans at 5 year old. doh

7 hours ago, Basrah Bear said:

"Opinion polls show this measure is widely supported by people across Scotland"

Is it fuck.  Where was this poll taken, outside a wee scone shop in Perth.? Its a bad day when learned people criticise this bill.

I truly hope it disappears entirely up its own anus.

Take that same survey to any football stadium in Britain and I'd say 90% of people who are actually affected by this, football fans, would say the law is ridiculous.

That said, its too late now, the fears ingrained in too many people. I don't expect TBBs to ever be back.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Make no mistake this isn't done for our benefit 

the taigs have felt the biggest sense of injustice over it and it's their very own Labour MPs that got the ball rolling with this. If it was us getting hammered only and not them then there would be nothing getting quashed. 

The irony is its they c---ts that started all this with their letters to UEFA regarding so called offensive singing. In 30 years of going to games I have never been offended by what people sing.