England EURO 2016 provisional squad

Reputation over form, it's the way it is, the way it has been and the way it always will be unless someone comes in with the balls to stop it. Is there any reason that Wayne Rooney should be there, or Wilshere, or Delph ? 

Although you can't really argue with a lot of that. 

19 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Reputation over form, it's the way it is, the way it has been and the way it always will be unless someone comes in with the balls to stop it. Is there any reason that Wayne Rooney should be there, or Wilshere, or Delph ? 

Although you can't really argue with a lot of that. 

Rooney is the Captain and can play in several roles and has a level of experience that others don't, he has also  been in decent form recently. Wilshere is there to assess his fitness as for Delph that is a mystery but no more so than Henderson. As I said previously its not a good idea to make wholesale changes from those that qualified comfortably. 

England managers generally have always had their favourites. Michael Carrick was regularly overlooked when he was at his peak, albeit he was competing with Gerrard and Lampard most of the time. Micah Richards too.

37 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Rooney is the Captain and can play in several roles and has a level of experience that others don't, he has also  been in decent form recently. Wilshere is there to assess his fitness as for Delph that is a mystery but no more so than Henderson. As I said previously its not a good idea to make wholesale changes from those that qualified comfortably. 

Rooney's been utter shite for at least 3 out of the last 4 seasons. 'experience' counts for fuck all if you're holding the team back with how bad you are, and he certainly can't play in several roles. He's awful in midfield, awful up front and a waste out wide. 

a big fuck you to the likes of Mark Noble from Hodgson by picking a player who has only played 3 games all season, why bother playing all year when he picks one of his favourites who's just back from 8 months on the treatment table

36 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Rooney has been shit at every tournament for England since Euro 2004!

He can play several roles, certainly, but he can't perform in them. He's not been in decent form either, 1 assist and 0 goals in the seven games since he's been back and his performances have been poor as well. 

Hes been playing deeper for United since he came back. I get some will never like him but he's far from shit. Hes had a good qualifying campaign so merits a place in the squad.

Not sure why it exercises those from other nations quite so much. I personally couldn't care who other countries pick in their squads. 

3 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Hes been playing deeper for United since he came back. I get some will never like him but he's far from shit. Hes had a good qualifying campaign so merits a place in the squad.

Not sure why it exercises those from other nations quite so much. I personally couldn't care who other countries pick in their squads. 

a good qualifying campaign should be more than designated penalty taker though, personally don't think he should start but in the squad though

Just now, hammer time said:

a good qualifying campaign should be more than designated penalty taker though, personally don't think he should start but in the squad though

He more than contributed over and above penalties. I did say deserves his place in the squad. If Henderson gets in then anyone can.