The perfect end to a great season....

Bear Ass

1). We pump the spoon-burners out of sight

2). JB signs the dotted line

3). The tranny-shagger tells the dhims tae GTF (I know...I know...BD....)

Don't get me wrong - the failure of 2 and 3 coming to pass would in no way take the shine off 1 - but can you imagine a better scenario?!

Scotland's Penn State hits msm.

Co-op calls in their loans.

the EDC funding of Lennoxtown comes out in the wash.

Broon remains their captain.

MW signs 5 year extension. 

DUFC go bust.

Sheep and Hertz get pumped out of Europe before we start.

We sort out merchandising and promote strip sales (I'm having all 3)

Add any of the above ?

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

DUFC go bust.

Add any of the above ?

I would say you are verging on being overly optimistic... But you never know!

4 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Can I just ammend, JB has a good holiday then comes nowhere near our club again.

I'm no great fan of the man, but if MW thinks he can do a job for us then I'll trust his judgement. 

3 minutes ago, Bear Ass said:

I'm no great fan of the man, but if MW thinks he can do a job for us then I'll trust his judgement. 

He should have been signing on the dotted line asap if he was serious, not taking a holiday and thinking it over. Sounds like he is playing a long game and seeing if he can increase his terms at Burnley. MW should have told him to bolt after that.

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He should have been signing on the dotted line asap if he was serious, not taking a holiday and thinking it over. Sounds like he is playing a long game and seeing if he can increase his terms at Burnley. MW should have told to bolt after that.

Guys like you and I would give our right bollock to pull on the jersey for real (though in footballing terms I couldn't hit a bull on the arse with a banjo) - but a pro (ie not boyhood fan) should surely be allowed a few days to consider an offer...?

6 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

He should have been signing on the dotted line asap if he was serious, not taking a holiday and thinking it over. Sounds like he is playing a long game and seeing if he can increase his terms at Burnley. MW should have told him to bolt after that.

Yeah sure.

You don't think he might well be making sure he makes the right decision? Because this is basically the last time he'll be changing club, this will be the end of his career no doubt?

He's a thinking person, people like him don't scribble their name on the dotted line as soon as they see cash, or a club they fancy playing for. He'll be weighing things up. Funny how folk jump to the conclusion he's just being a dick and using us because he didn't sign the contract the first time he saw it.

Crazy.

Just now, Jack The Flipper said:

Yeah sure.

You don't think he might well be making sure he makes the right decision? Because this is basically the last time he'll be changing club, this will be the end of his career no doubt?

He's a thinking, people like him don't scribble their name on the dotted line as soon as they see cash, or a club they fancy playing for. He'll be weighing things up. Funny how folk jump to the conclusion he's just being a dick and using us because he didn't sign the contract the first time he saw it.

Crazy.

Only time will tell, but I think he is a distraction that we don't need at all this week. I can't see this ever happening.

Just now, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Only time will tell, but I think he is a distraction that we don't need at all this week. I can't see this ever happening.

Why is it a distraction though?

Surely it will get the players into the mood after seeing someone of his quality linked with the club?

15 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Surely anybody with an ounce of commonsense would get that even if he is interested the implications of Saturdays result (europe) are huge for a player thinking about coming here.

Let's win on Saturday and see where that takes us with him.

Fwiw I think he'll stay at Burnley as they'll offer him crazy money on a longer contract. But to slate him just now is ridiculous. 

4 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Surely anybody with an ounce of commonsense would get that even if he is interested the implications of Saturdays result (europe) are huge for a player thinking about coming here.

Let's win on Saturday and see where that takes us with him.

Fwiw I think he'll stay at Burnley as they'll offer him crazy money on a longer contract. But to slate him just now is ridiculous. 

I don't think European football is a factor for Barton but Rangers offering him a three year contract at his age maybe the factor that will sway him towards us.

Barton really cant lose on this one, he's had a good offer from Rangers which he can use to negotiate a deal if he want remain down south.

22 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

I don't think European football is a factor for Barton but Rangers offering him a three year contract at his age maybe the factor that will sway him towards us.

Barton really cant lose on this one, he's had a good offer from Rangers which he can use to negotiate a deal if he want remain down south.

Yeah he probably always wanted domestic Scottish football as his swansong 

Joey Barton is a far better player than anything we have got on our books at the moment, so I for one would be delighted if he signs however I just couldn't see him deciding until after our game on Saturday. I think he will be waiting to see if we get European football or not, however would love to be proved wrong and for him to sign tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

DUFC go bust.

Add any of the above ?

The loan repayment began this month as per the contract :lol:

19 hours ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Or,if as reported his wife is not as keen as him,and he has taken her away to try and convince her.