Euro 96 documentary with Shearer last night

Gaz52

It's Rangers related as it's about Gazza.

Did anyone else watch this last night? It was about England and how close they were to winning it blah blah..

But Shearer was interviewing Gazza and I can't remember the last time I seen him (PG) looking so healthy and alert. It was refreshing to see. He was explaining some of the reasons for his drinking and it was quite sad to hear, he finds it difficult to think about great times in his life as it makes him just want to go back to that time and the fact he can't rips him apart inside.

John Motson said he still thinks Gascoigne is the greatest English player he's ever seen. I beam with pride that we had such a player at our club :praise: 

I hope he one day fights off the demons. Would be great to get him back up for a game next season

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Did anyone else watch this last night? It was about England and how close they were to winning it blah blah..

But Shearer was interviewing Gazza and I can't remember the last time I seen him (PG) looking so healthy and alert. It was refreshing to see. He was explaining some of the reasons for his drinking and it was quite sad to hear, he finds it difficult to think about great times in his life as it makes him just want to go back to that time and the fact he can't rips him apart inside.

John Motson said he still thinks Gascoigne is the greatest English player he's ever seen. I beam with pride that we had such a player at our club :praise: 

I hope he one day fights off the demons. Would be great to get him back up for a game next season

And considering  he was a Rangers player in 96, how many times was that mentioned or shown? They even showed goals and performances from his Spurs days rather than us. Watching it you would be forgiven for thinking he was still English based at the time, even when discussing the Scotland game and his goal which would seem to have been an appropriate time for any mention of us there was Nada.

4 minutes ago, reallyruff said:

And considering  he was a Rangers player in 96, how many times was that mentioned or shown? They even showed goals and performances from his Spurs days rather than us. Watching it you would be forgiven for thinking he was still English based at the time, even when discussing the Scotland game and his goal which would seem to have been an appropriate time for any mention of us there was Nada.

The only goal a can remember was the free kick in the FA cup semi, with Venables as manager.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If I was in Gazza's position and missed that chance against that chance, it would probably still haunt me.

It does look like the keeper is going to get a touch, his footballing brain got the better of him for once, he anticipated the touch and got in the position for it, the best thing the German keeper ever did was not get a touch on that ball :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

How come we give Collymore dog's abuse for domestic abuse yet no criticism is ever levelled at Gascoigne?

Because Gazza never acts all high and mighty about his life, Collymores a wanker, who thinks he's some sort of hero for being against Rangers and Chelsea because all fans of both clubs are 'racists and fascists'.

15 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It does look like the keeper is going to get a touch, his footballing brain got the better of him for once, he anticipated the touch and got in the position for it, the best thing the German keeper ever did was not get a touch on that ball :lol: 

It would be brutal knowing you were an inch away from the Euro's final and probably winning it.

11 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

How come we give Collymore dog's abuse for domestic abuse yet no criticism is ever levelled at Gascoigne?

I suppose it's because for all his faults thankfully for a time Gazza was one of us...a flawed genius.

Collymore is just a total wanker.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Because Gazza never acts all high and mighty about his life

So this makes what he did OK?  Gascoigne was an amazing footballer but I lost all respect for him when the domestic abuse stories came out.  And the way we're always told by the likes of Linekar to feel sorry for him when he's falling about drunk pisses me off.

54 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

love to see gazza turn out for the rangers legends. Speaking about that to a couple of guys at porchester at the weekend.

3 minutes ago, BF2 said:

So this makes what he did OK?  Gascoigne was an amazing footballer but I lost all respect for him when the domestic abuse stories came out.  And the way we're always told by the likes of Linekar to feel sorry for him when he's falling about drunk pisses me off.

Did I say it was alright? The question was why doesn't he get abused as much as Gascoigne. 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Did I say it was alright? The question was why doesn't he get abused as much as Gascoigne. 

As much as I despise that prick Collymore, he and Gascoigne are both guilty of domestic abuse, so we can't really use this as a stick to beat Collymore with (no pun intended) if we're going to treat Gascoigne as a hero.

13 minutes ago, silverback said:

i didnt know being a cunt was now considered an illness. 

Having suffered from. and received treatment for, depression myself, I consider that comment offensive. Unlike alcoholism which starts off self-inflicted, depression can strike anyone at any time. So if you consider Collymore a cunt, then Gascoigne is equally a cunt, maybe more so.

7 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Having suffered from. and received treatment for, depression myself, I consider that comment offensive. Unlike alcoholism which starts off self-inflicted, depression can strike anyone at any time. So if you consider Collymore a cunt, then Gascoigne is equally a cunt, maybe more so.

A wee bit touchy I think, whilst I completely agree depression is a serious illness, one which has blighted my own family members, @silverback never said Collymore is a cunt because he has depression. Indeed you knew Collymore suffers from depression did @silverback? I certainly never.

8 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Having depression doesn't make someone a cunt. Being a cunt makes someone a cunt and Collymore is a cunt.