The Gardener wants back into football

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Don't have a problem with anything Cooper done, but will never come on here and side with McCoist on anything.

That ok for you ?

Yes, it makes you look pretty hypocritical, unprincipled and kinda stupid, but all fine with me.

46 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

How do you feel about Davie Cooper?

Jesus fucking wept!!

I was going to ask how you can even start to compare them, but then realised that, that's not what your point is...and subsequently makes your post totally and utterly irrelevant to the thread.

Surprised at that comment coming from you to be honest.

11 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Jesus fucking wept!!

I was going to ask how you can even start to compare them, but then realised that, that's not what your point is...and subsequently makes your post totally and utterly irrelevant to the thread.

Surprised at that comment coming from you to be honest.

Are the posts talking about McCoist turning down Rangers relevant to the thread?

8 minutes ago, legalbeagle said:

within 10 years

Ok Coop would be joining a team at its peak .Double treble winners .

McCoist was joining a team full of shite .One of the poorest assembled in 30 years.

I know who I would excuse although both were footballing Gods as players in my eyes .

Don't expect to agree Legal as I think that would be a first 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

I could go into all the usual shite but most of us know exactly what McCoist is.

You can spin a web of half truths and push if you want.  Anyone with half a brain can put the last 4 years and context and circumstance and properly evaluate...

McCoist the player is peerless; McCoist held Rangers history and reputation together when others were for giving it up; McCoist the manager was below average. 

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Ok Coop would be joining a team at its peak .Double treble winners .

McCoist was joining a team full of shite .One of the poorest assembled in 30 years.

I know who I would excuse although both were footballing Gods as players in my eyes .

Don't expect to agree Legal as I think that would be a first 

I don't think we have to think about excusing anybody. Coop did join that team, he didn't join back in '74.

as far as I am concerned I would change nothing about their careers with us and the decisions they made, I am just glad I was able to watch them both, maybe if either had joined earlier it wouldn't have worked out the way it did, so I would leave it all happily alone.

People trying to score stupid points over decisions a guy made 35 years ago just because they don't like him just piss me off.

1 minute ago, legalbeagle said:

I don't think we have to think about excusing anybody. Coop did join that team, he didn't join back in '74.

as far as I am concerned I would change nothing about their careers with us and the decisions they made, I am just glad I was able to watch them both, maybe if either had joined earlier it wouldn't have worked out the way it did, so I would leave it all happily alone.

People trying to score stupid points over decisions a guy made 35 years ago just because they don't like him just piss me off.

Fair enough point .

1 minute ago, coopsleftboot said:

You can spin a web of half truths and push if you want.  Anyone with half a brain can put the last 4 years and context and circumstance and properly evaluate...

McCoist the player is peerless; McCoist held Rangers history and reputation together when others were for giving it up; McCoist the manager was below average. 

Are you really that fuckin gullible , or a family member ?

Think I left this message earlier .Think it's time we just let this one slide .We can't do anything to change Ally or what he does on the future .For me the one thing that is still creates a worrying divide amongst us . Just glad we have now moved on since those very dark days on the pitch 

13 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Are you really that fuckin gullible , or a family member ?

Neither.  But Then I have more than half a brain.  

If you fail to see the overall contribution of the man from breaking all sorts of records as a player,  to the glue holding us together in 2012, the man who galvanised us back then, the man who prevented the robbing of trophies, prevented a stain on our history, the man who stopped us from admitting to the world that we accepted that we were cheats...all because he lingered too long in a job he wasn't very good at and got paid a bit too much for.

If "you won't side with anything that man contributed" to our club then you're just a clueless dick. 

Just now, coopsleftboot said:

Neither.  But Then I have more than half a brain.  If you fail to see the overall contribution of the man from breaking all sorts of records as a player,  to the glue holding us together in 2012, the man who galvanised us back then, the man who prevented the robbing of trophies, prevented a stain on our history, the man who stopped us from admitting to the world that we accepted that we were cheats...all because he lingered too long in a job he wasn't very good at and got paid a bit too much for, then "you won't side with anything that man" contributed to our club then you're just a clueless dick. 

What a pile of pish that is and confirmed you are either completely gullible or related to the clown.

Do one ya rocket........

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

What a pile of pish that is and confirmed you are either completely gullible or related to the clown.

Do one ya rocket........

Explain what's pish?  Which bit?  I'm honestly really interested in which bits I've written that makes you say that. Rather than just call it "gullible" or say "you must be related" try telling me which bit about his playing career or the bit about saving our history is "pish".  

Wish him all the best and hope he proves me wrong. But as a gaffer, totally not cut out for any gig I'm afraid.

Will always be Super Ally to me though. Despite him being my biggest and fucking worst gripe watching us these last few years I can forgot that and move on. It was some of the most turgid shit I've seen. Fuck it, the good outweighs the bad 

Many ex players have tried and not cut it as a manager, but you can't blame them for trying ,wouldn't  we all,and I will never forget his efforts in our darkest days........And how many times I sang Super Ally as he won us so much........leave the man alone we are back and thats it 

2 hours ago, legalbeagle said:

How do you feel about Davie Cooper?

Cooper played for Clydebank, was spoken about in relation to Rangers, roasted Greig one night at Ibrox and signed IIRC shortly afterwards.  Not sure of your point?

Edit just read some of your follow up comments, lots of media speculation at the time over Cooper turning us down.  Same happened with Fergus (Ian) and he clearly refuted that suggestion.