The Gardener wants back into football

Jobs

Groundsperson - Leeds United FC

Leeds United football club require a groundsperson to support the ongoing maintenance, and to keep increasing the high standards of playing surfaces at the clubs training ground and main stadium.  
We currently have a groundsteam of 4 individual, which are highly motivated, dedicated and professional, and is looking for an individual who has a keen interest for groundsmanship at a high level to join this team.
This role is based mainly at the clubs training ground, which has 8 grass pitches and 2 3G artificial pitches.
The position is offered on a full time basis. The successful applicant will be able to work a minimum any 5 days from 7 and will be available to work weekends and evenings along with match days at Elland Road Stadium.
The ideal candidate must be: 

• Trustworthy
• Reliable
• Flexible attitude towards working some unsociable hours
• Full Clean UK driving licence – desirable 
• NVQ Level 2 in sports turf – desirable 
• Experience in working at a football club – desirable 
• Appropriate certificates in pesticide use – desirable 

To apply email a CV and covering letter to kiel.barrett@leedsunited.com

Closing date is 7th June 6pm

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, 1NachoNovo said:

Please stop with this shite. It's getting boring as fuck. Just let it go and let the guy get on with his own life. We have got a great future ahead of us and yet some dwell on the Ally shite, like the dhims do with us. Move on ffs. 

Yeh I know, but it takes a long time to get over a festering wound like that.

Everyone's fault but his. If he only owned it he'd be forgiven.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

When he accepts his fuck up and apologises maybe.

He's the one talking about us so he brings it to the table.

Seriously? The guy has been given dogs abuse for ages. I'm not trying to defend him as a manager, but I'm not going to be like a tim and try to attack him when it suits. I'm more interested in the now and the future and it's a good place to be for Rangers fans. Why bother about things that isn't going to contribute to that? The Ally obsession is tedious as fuck tbh.

The gardener. Fuck off with that tarrier pish. Typical of the Internet hard men on forums that would never say anything to his face. Also typical of this forum where rangers legends are slated for everything. A guy actually said warbs has done more than walter a month ago. Fucking shambles of a forum recently 

2 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

That's a common thing for an ex manager to do eh ?

Many managers failed to get us promoted, took hundreds of thousands whilst on gardening leave, and talk as if he did fuck all wrong it was the environment that was the problem?

Still hasn't commented on the job MW has done fixing the fuck up he left, but now wants to stroll back as if it never happened.

That's not too common at Rangers either.

Just now, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Many managers failed to get us promoted, took hundreds of thousands whilst on gardening leave, and talk as if he did fuck all wrong it was the environment that was the problem?

Still hasn't commented on the job MW has done fixing the fuck up he left, but now wants to stroll back as if it never happened.

That's not too common at Rangers either.

Your being childish.he doesn't owe you anything. just another manager who couldn't cut it.tacticly naive and in reality a poor manager who failed in his objectives. 

He will speak about us when asked as all ex players managers will do.

12 minutes ago, markem said:

Jobs

Leeds United football club require a groundsperson to support the ongoing maintenance, and to keep increasing the high standards of playing surfaces at the clubs training ground and main stadium.  
We currently have a groundsteam of 4 individual, which are highly motivated, dedicated and professional, and is looking for an individual who has a keen interest for groundsmanship at a high level to join this team.
This role is based mainly at the clubs training ground, which has 8 grass pitches and 2 3G artificial pitches.
The position is offered on a full time basis. The successful applicant will be able to work a minimum any 5 days from 7 and will be available to work weekends and evenings along with match days at Elland Road Stadium.

• Trustworthy
• Reliable

You're  a prick.

Cheers!

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

Your being childish.he doesn't owe you anything. just another manager who couldn't cut it.tacticly naive and in reality a poor manager who failed in his objectives. 

He will speak about us when asked as all ex players managers will do.

So wasted thousands in wages, an opportunity to grow us in a footballing sense from Base level, all the while the highest paid manager in Scotland  (in lower leagues at the time). Left us a footballing cluster fuck whilst not walking away,....... from a mighty lucrative gardening leave pay.

Glad we agree about his failings.  

Some clearly have moved on and forgiven him. I'm miles away from that yet.

2 minutes ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Still making excuses I see, he should man up and admit he wasn't good enough.

That being said, I can't find it in me to wish him ill, as long as he never manages in any capacity here then I wish him luck.

Whether he mans up or not, that's up to him. We all know he failed as a manager. But he did succeed in doing his best for the club when it mattered. Look at the dodgy cunts he had to deal with at the time. If Ally wasn't there, then fuck knows what would have happened. Ally WAS Rangers through that shite. I just don't get the go after him attitude. He's no angel, but he is a legend!

Another thing .I think no bear should fall out over their opinion of Ally .It is totally understandable opinions are split down the middle .I seen every one of his 27plus 3 live against the scum .Proud as fuck about that record . I'm in the "no camp " now .However I would never argue against any bear who thought otherwise .It's just the way it is .

Just now, markem said:

Jobs

• Trustworthy
• Reliable

Why are many of those qualifications they're looking for 'desirable'? They should be fucking mandatory!!! 

16 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

You're  a prick.

Cheers!

I did not know you where the the type to hit out with shit like that Siam, in fact I would go as far as saying I have enjoyed your posts in the past.  Ah well now I know.

Cheers.

8 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Another thing .I think no bear should fall out over their opinion of Ally .It is totally understandable opinions are split down the middle .I seen every one of his 27plus 3 live against the scum .Proud as fuck about that record . I'm in the "no camp " now .However I would never argue against any bear who thought otherwise .It's just the way it is .

But it shouldn't be the way it is. All the Ally haters don't know the facts, but fuck it, we'll hate him anyway. All I'm saying is, move on and be Bears. I don't know the facts myself, so I'll just be a fan, instead of looking for things to get pissed off about.  Mon The Rangers :21: