• Average player, good captain
    • Average player, great captain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive just went good and good.

I'm the same mate, good and good.

It is a little bit of lightheartedness though. Nothing to serious and it has been good finding out peoples' thoughts on him

For me he is a great player but terrible captain (I would have went for poor) and nothing to do with the PLG affair. Being captain of Rangers lasts far longer than 90 mins on the park, you are always in the spotlight. How many times have you seen pictures of Barry looking like a Ned and acting the same way? During interviews he is often an embarrassment. Part of the club captains role is being an ambassador for the club and to me Barry is uncomfortable with this role.

He is IMO by far the best talent at the club.

He will be remembered better than his brother, that's for sure.

A lot depends on what happens next at the club, if we continue to languish then I think as a captain Barry will only be a footnote in the clubs history, if we can turn the tables on septic though he will have his place in the roll of honour, and rightly so :clap:.

Great player, good captain.

Slightly off topic, most Bears remember Terry Butcher as a great captain, yet he used to be less than diplomatic and professional after some matches.

When he fell out with Souness and was told he was being transferred everyone wanted Souness out.

Ring any bells? :pipegreen:

Great player, great captain (he cannot help he has been captain when most seasons the players around him have not been good enough).

Barry, Barry :clap:

Probably the best assessment of the situation. (tu)

Well next season will be telling then as to all accounts it looks like there will be good players surrounding him then. IF we get a good right winger

Great player, great captain.

Great captain as in better than just good, but not one of THE greats. Has consistently been our best player with an average team around him since we became skint. Big enough to stand up and admit he made a mistake going to Blackburn and came back, even when he was getting rave reviews and the MOTM award nearly every other game. AND made us Ă‚Â£3mil in the process.

I'll tell my kids about him.

This is a big season for Ferguson. He's come back looking even fitter and is raring to go. The dressing room is buzzing and we are only a few quality players short of being happy with our squad. The passion and heart is back and so too is the "Gaffer" as Fergie would say. Everything that Ferguson thrives on. Hopefully he can step up a few gears and drive this Rangers team forward.

This is a big season for Ferguson. He's come back looking even fitter and is raring to go. The dressing room is buzzing and we are only a few quality players short of being happy with our squad. The passion and heart is back and so too is the "Gaffer" as Fergie would say. Everything that Ferguson thrives on. Hopefully he can step up a few gears and drive this Rangers team forward.

We can only hope mate.

But not just Ferguson. Let's hope that the whole team steps up a gear and drives Rangers forward