Has our shirt sponsor ever made you buy something?

I don't believe that I've ever bought anything just because the company gave Rangers advertising money. However I have stopped shopping at the co-op, because their bank is helping to prop up the manks. I used to like New Balance trainers, but won't buy them again, until they stop supporting the manks. I also know that the local Rangers club got rid of Magners cider, on draught, and replaced it with Blackthorn a few years ago.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will reverse this question my Dad's bowling club allowed a couple of members to run a celtic night as the club was desperate for money. When the tims went to the bar & found McEwans lager they refused to by it as it was our shirt sponsor. Phone call to my Dad who then ran round various clubs in the area "borrowing" bottles of Becks and then took them to the club and charged them way over the odds. Being the famous thick micks they came back another three times.

1 hour ago, Tom0411 said:

I will reverse this question my Dad's bowling club allowed a couple of members to run a celtic night as the club was desperate for money. When the tims went to the bar & found McEwans lager they refused to by it as it was our shirt sponsor. Phone call to my Dad who then ran round various clubs in the area "borrowing" bottles of Becks and then took them to the club and charged them way over the odds. Being the famous thick micks they came back another three times.

Should never invite thick micks anywhere. Once you have them you cannot get fuckin shot of them. :uk:

Always drink whatever lager is on our strips. Cider gives me the boak, & I don't gamble, so.

Didn't us & the bheasts used to have the same sponsors to avoid boycotts? A deal with Lifebuoy would solve that one.

14 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

I don't believe that I've ever bought anything just because the company gave Rangers advertising money. However I have stopped shopping at the co-op, because their bank is helping to prop up the manks. I used to like New Balance trainers, but won't buy them again, until they stop supporting the manks. I also know that the local Rangers club got rid of Magners cider, on draught, and replaced it with Blackthorn a few years ago.

14 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

As Blackthorn and Magnets are owned by the same conglomerate that was a waste of time. I used to drink Magnets but stopped when they sponsored the mhanks. I also stopped drinking Tennants for the same reason.